Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rods and Vintage Bicycles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flootiebuell, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

How about posting some pics of your Rods or Customs with your Vintage Bicycles....

I am sure some of you out there suffer from the same sickness as I do and are not limited to Old Timer stuff with motor power only!

Headin out into this sunny summer day to snap a few pics....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I suffer the same affiction. I was at the KKOA in Salina last weekend and there were vintage bikes everywhere. Bikes being ridden, bikes and parts being sold, there was even a bike show. I must say the mix of cool cars and cool bikes made my day. I hope it continues to more shows. Just no crazy kids on Bmx bikes with no respect. I love Bmx....but people have to have respect for investments that have been made. I know lots of guys that get nervous when bikes get too close to their cars. Man, I have preached to my own kids. Gary

3. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Here ya go..... 1920s Hawthorne Motobike, and 1930s Shelby......and of course my F100....

Attached Files:

4. Old cars, old trucks, old bikes, old boats, old surfboards....love 'em all, and love looking at everyone of them. I drag my old '48 raceboat behind my '51 to every car and boat show that I can and the other entrants and spectators seem to enjoy seeing them together. If I could figure out a way to carry my old 50's cruiser bike I would drag that along too. I did put the surfboard on top one time but it's really a little long (10' 2") to carry on the '51 roof.
    I do agree about being a little nervous if too many started riding the bikes around, but a bike show with the car show is kool with me.
    I'm sure someone will complain sometime about "this is a car show, leave the damn boat at the river!

Attached Files:

5. clockwork31

clockwork31

6. [​IMG]
    1964 2 speed hub. Bought from original owner

7. hard to make out the bikes hanging from the rafters
    stand on your head and look above the F1
    mostly fat-tire or tank bikes and a couple Stingrays

[​IMG]

8. cederholm

cederholm

That looks like a fun place to hang out!:D

9. old car, retro Schwinn... my 37 Chevy with a retro Schwinn cruizer,,,
    I love old bikes and have several, more later...

[​IMG]

10. tomcat46

tomcat46

Last night. Getting a few of my bikes ready to take out for speedweek pit cruising.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I've had a bunch of old bikes over the years. sold them all on ebay a few years back but kept one since it is the same year as my car... 1949 Schwinn. no pics, since it is all in pieces just like my car.

12. here's my '54 truck with my grandpa's old columbian. All i've done is respoke using SS Buchannans motorcycle spokes and new rims with original hubs(2spd rear). It is at Bonneville as my get around bike every year....

Attached Files:

13. derbydad276

derbydad276

I ride a schwinn delux crisier weighs a ton but its cool to ride my kid
    loves retro bicycles her first was a pink slik chik stingray with a flower seat
    as she grew I got her a 24 inch ten speed I could have bought 2 bikes from walmart for what i paid for the special size gumwall tires
    her latest ride is a 65 purple fair lady with a rat trap carier on the front and rear

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So, let's see.... There is my '35 Silver King mens bike, the girlfriends '37 Silver king womens bike, My '48 Schwinn Phantom, Her '73 Schwinn womens Collegiate (bought never assembled in the original box 4 years ago for 20.00!), and last her '78 Schwinn red Sting Ray... I'd say we have a collection! The only problem is they are in the storage room for the summer, 'cause no human in they're right mind is gonna ride a bike in Phoenix in August! (115 today, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, etc.) I'll pull them out next month and snap some picts.

15. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I love old bikes. I really want a high wheel.

16. Here ya go. I have about 30 bicycles.

Attached Files:

17. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Oh forgot this one....

Attached Files:

18. My wife bike when see was growing up.
    My bike built from left over parts "Frankenschwinn"
    The cars are in garage in the background:)

Attached Files:

19. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Nice.....

20. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

21. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

[​IMG]
    i have abunch better pics, but this is the only one with the truck.
    [​IMG]

22. Loppy

Loppy

Here's a shot of my '70 "Schwing Sting-Rat", and Sonny DePalma's '48 Cushman dubbed "Baron Von Cushy". This shot was taken at Billetproof Florida '11. The cars in the background are from the West Palm Beach based Salvagerz C.C.

[​IMG]

23. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

how about in front of my old house 1940 wards hawthorne comet

Attached Files:

24. 1953 SCHWINN HORNET FROM JUNK TO SEMI FINISHED:rolleyes:

Attached Files: