Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Are you standing on the roof of a 33 Plymouth sedan for this shot?

2. CustomDave

CustomDave

This one may be off topic, but I have seen a few other 1965 vehicles on here, and it isn't a muscle car by any means. If it is too off topic then I apologize in advance.

Anyway I got this 1965 fury III a few months ago. It's all original and in pretty good shape, it has a Poly 318 in it. Plan on starting on it this fall. Trying to go for some sort of mild custom look on it. It will be my first big project on any car.

[​IMG]

3. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Hi Jack,
    the rear and front bumpers are both from 49' Merc. I didn't have to modify the rear bumper at all, but it took some time to plan and install sturdy mountings without stabbing the body.

Happy trails!

Pasi

4. I love C-Bodies - they require a high level of commitment as parts aren't as easily available for them as they are for A, B and E Bodies. That looks pretty clean and some mild custom touches will be cool. She is heavy, but a 383-400-413-426-440 is an easy swap. Disc brakes are fairly easy to swap in too, and suggested to haul that mass down quickly. Great smooth cruiser, good luck with your first project. Let us know if you have any questions and start a build thread for it.

5. 73RR

73RR

"Off-topic" is a personal decision I think...
    Your Fury is one of my favorite body styles. As AJ says, the B-RB engine is an easy swap if that is your direction, however, the 318Poly is a very durable engine and will accept all of the spare cash you want to invest:p
    Keep in mind that 65 was a transition year for the TorqueFlite; you will find it is a cable operated unit so if you want a B-RB then the easiest swap will be with another 65 trans.

6. Good point on the trans. I didn't mean to undermine the poly motor, they make abundant torque and look so cool, but if want it to honk, the big block is the cheapest route.

7. 1964 Plymouth Valiant.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 73RR

73RR

...NO substitute for cubic inches...:D

9. moparjack44

moparjack44

Thanks Pasi, me likes.

Jack

10. CustomDave

CustomDave

I plan on keeping the drive train original. The car is pretty big and heavy so I am not interested in going fast in it. Like I said I want a mild custom, still trying to think it all out, but I have plenty of small dings and dents and other stuff to work on before I need to worry about paint. Luckily other than the arm rests and kinda dirty door panels the interior is nearly flawless. No major dash cracks and the seats were reupholstered in material that he said was as close to NOS as you can get.

Parts have been hard to come by for certain things, I have numbers of some different parts yards around that I need to call when I get a bit more money.

I have been hesitant to start a build thread cause I wasn't sure if a 65 would be welcome here or not, and I didn't wanna ruffle any feathers. Plus I am on a pretty tight budget so it would possibly be a very long thread. I guess when i start this fall I will post something up.

11. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I am standing in the loft of the barn.The roof you see is my freinds 34 Ford 2dr sedan painted in 1976.

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Ha cool, it's held up well for being so old!

13. gary jenkins

gary jenkins
    from va

just started on a 34 pf coupe any help on where i can find parts would be great thanks

14. srj23

srj23
    from MD

Working on a 55 Savoy...Flathead 6 with 3speed on the column. Replaecd gas tank, fuel pump to get running. Replaced drums, hoses and master cylinder. Body work/rust repair. Primed and painted. Hope to get on the road this fall and work on interior in the winter/spring...I think I might look for some wide white wall tires...Found in garage after sitting for several, brought it home and began work...All the work in my garage. Changing from black to silver metallic....Wife pressing to get it out so she can go back in...

Attached Files:

15. srj23

srj23
    from MD

More pics of my 55 Plymouth..

Attached Files:

16. RodStRace

RodStRace

Nice work srj23!

17. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Looks great SRJ23! Keep up the good work.

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

here is my 54 savoy.

[​IMG]

19. cdrenon

cdrenon

Hi Mel, I have a 1956 Dodge Kingsway. I hope mines old enough too Ha ha

20. rschilp

rschilp

21. cdrenon

cdrenon

Hi, i am, i have a 1956 Dodge Kingsway Custom, Australian built. So any information or tips gratefully recieved. :D

Attached Files:

22. moparjack44

moparjack44

Rob, please post some pictures when you get that hood adapted to that 32 Chrysler :rolleyes:?

Jack

23. My wife's 40th birthday gift, 1934 Plymouth;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

48 PLYMOUTH HEMI likes this.
  24. moparjack44

moparjack44

If my wife were that young and pretty, I'd buy her anything she wanted :D.
    Oh yeah, really nice car. Maybe see y'all at Charlotte Good Guys in a few weeks.

Jack

25. Hyfire

Hyfire

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow.... Amazing! Beautiful car.

26. Big Dad

Big Dad

Both look well taken care of !

27. rschilp

rschilp

That is the original hood, not much adapting going to happen. Planning to remove the hood sides and run lake headers, but the top of the hood will stay mostly stock.

28. moparjack44

moparjack44

I'm talking about the hood I saw laying on the top in one of your pictures:rolleyes:

Jack

29. jcs64

jcs64

30. 37gmc

37gmc
    from upstate ny

got a windshield frame for a 37 plymouth, not perfect but it is useable . first one who claims they can use it can have it