Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup #10: 2 month Warning + Announcement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2011.

1. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

This will be my 6th Pileup, hopefully I won't break down this time!! Funny thing is, I made it about a mile past the Morris exit when I broke down...

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I think I may have cried that night too, but it's because I lost my drink... Makes me feel special you remembered.

I haven't fallen in love because of the Pileup but I did fall in lust for a little while... and the Pileup lasted longer than my marriage...

As much as I've enjoyed the cars over the years... it's the people that I remember most. The first time I met DW, Denise... Breeder... and countless countless other great people.

The final Pileup is going to be epic. Lets blow the roof off this motherfucker

JUNIOR FUCKING BROWN!!!!!!!!! <---- Goddamn that is the best news EVER!

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've sought out and booked every band that has ever played the Pileup. I put a lot of personal pride in picking bands that I thought would go over well, yet that embodied the spirit of the show. I always tried to get a mix of rockabilly, psychobilly, garage, surf, and even threw in some bluegrass and western swing, and I always gave special consideration to bands made up of gearheads. I very rarely booked bands more than once so that things were always fresh... Bleed and Knuckel Drager (and my own band, Hot Rod Hucksters)... were always the exception, because they're Bleed and Knuckel Drager!! Until this year, I've always shyed away from "major" bands despite numerous requests. The Pileup is a DIY show for DIY gearheads, so I always tried to keep to DIY bands. This year is going to be a big celebration, so we made some exceptions. :)

Here's a list of the bands that have played the Pileup and the years they played (when I can remember). Many HAMBers are in those lineups. We've had bands from as far away as the Netherlands, Atlanta, Texas, and all over the Midwest.

.357 String Band (2008)
    The 99ers (2009)
    Ace Brown & His Helldivers (2006)
    The Afterdarks(2007; 2010)
    The Aquaholics (2008)
    The Bamalamas (2010)
    Baron Von Otto Matic (2006)
    Black Cat Rebellion (2004?)
    Bleed (2002;??;2009)
    Boneyard Brawlers
    The Bottletones (2006)
    Camaro Rouge (2006)
    Casket Bastards (2007)
    Cathouse Drifters (2009)
    Corpse Show Creeps (2007)
    Crazy Rocket Fuel (2009)
    Crown Hill Diggers (2003)
    The Del Moroccos (2010)
    The Dyes (2010)
    Gin Palace Jesters (2007)
    The Gravetones (2002)
    The Hangovers (2008)
    Hillbilly Idle (2008)
    Hi-Fi & the Roadburners (2005?)
    The Hi-Qs
    The Honeybees (2010)
    Hot Rod Hucksters (2004-07; 2009-10?)
    Knuckel Drager (2003;??;2008)
    Miss Jubilee & the Humdingers (2009)
    Miss Mary Ann & the Ragtime Wranglers (2010)
    The Nevermores (2008)
    Nuke Mutes (2009)
    The Phantom Cruisers (2008)
    The Pinks (2007)
    Plan 9 from Outer Space (2002-2004?)
    Psychobilly Kadillaks (2006)
    Reluctant Aquanauts
    The Riptones
    Rocket 350 (2004)
    The Rumblejetts (2007)
    Sin City Injectors (2003)
    The Stacks (2008)
    The Stranger (2006)
    Tracer Bullet (2009)
    Waxon 7

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

sounds like it's gonna be a long weekend...

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

Thank you Chrome Czars for all the great memories, you put on one hell of an awsome event!! I look forward to the HCPU every year. It is sad to learn that this will be the last. See you in October!

6. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Well, I'll be there for sure. It will be an odd year, 2012, without the PileUp.
    Regardless of my take on "that year" it's always drawn me back to see what the next year holds. Thank you guys for making this what it was, from the first few cars at Marty & Sons, to the rows and rows of cars in Decatur. It has inspired me to build, and in the weeks prior has pushed me to get more done with less sleep than I probably should.
    I can honestly say that I've enjoyed the first nine, and can only assume that #10 will go out with a bang.

7. You don't even know the half of it. One of my closest friends is getting married in Chicago on the Friday night. I really really really don't want to miss it. Still deciding.

So this may or may not involve Bryan and I going to the wedding, leaving Chicago around 1 AM, driving all night and me going straight to Progress City.

We really can only do this if one of our friends who is a night owl anyway and doesn't drink is on board with the plan. She's going to the wedding and also doesn't want to miss the pileup.

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, he's my friend, too :( but I had the Pileup planned before he had his wedding planned!

9. WOW!! Kind of a bummer but I still cant wait till October.
    Huge thanks to the Czars and all thier helpers for making this show the best one in the midwest for 10 amazing years.

10. Last year was my first Pileup, very impressive group of cars, glad I went.

11. magnet

magnet

#10 will be a good time.. like all the other pileups.. its a guarantee.

I would have never thought it would have turned into what it did with its modest beginnings at Marty and Sons... all the guys that got together to put it on.. Thanks to Andy and his dad for giving it a place to get off the ground.

We had lots of fun.. that's what traditional rodding is all about.

We will have lots more fun.. at all of the other awesome shows... same great people.. same great cars..

It was a labor of love for a number of years for me..the club worked on it all year round. Its a heavy burden to carry for a small club. We had a good time doing it. It was a good show. So like all good things.. its best to end things on a good note.

Shoe, I won't be rollin in with my Pan.. lord knows i want to... it will have to be my SixDeuce.. i have some health issues keeping me out of the garage. That and my real job is turning into a pain in the ass :) And i may never wear the red pants again... i think Captain Fancy Pants is going into retirement.

I want to personally thank everyone who volunteered to help out at the pileup. its a hard dirty and thankless job. I know i always say this.. but seriously.. the Red Shirts make the show happen... if it wasn't for them the show would have imploded a long time ago.

The Red Shirt Army kicked ass every time.

When you see someone with a Red Shirt on.. thank them.

I cant even begin to thank all the car clubs that banded together to help out and support the show.. pretty much all of the traditional clubs in the midwest.. and further.. And all of the people that have made the extra effort to be a part of the show and support the Czars..

Thanks

We will post the final numbers on donations after the show.. it is a considerable amount of money that went to many many charities over the years.

The pileup is proof.. proof of the American spirit

My best time at the pileup.. well.. they were lots of work and lots of stress.. but the best pileup i had i think was the 4th. I think the Czars were down to 4 guys.. we had divided things up nicely, DW (Catherine) was in full force dealing with the chaos..I had a few minutes to walk around and make sure the volunteers were being rotated. Someone walked by .. didnt say a word.. just handed me a beer.. and walked off. I lit up a cigar..drank a PBR tall boy and everything was fine. Everything was working smoothly.. everyone was happy.. it was a great time.. and a great show.

I think i drove down the main street of Morris in my shoebox.. with thirty 30 packs of PBR loaded in it that weekend :)

Everything was awesome.

I will dig through my pileup junk..see what i have .. maybe put something together for a charity auction..

Thanks everyone.

12. slammed

slammed

Go out with a bang. Kill it before it becomes a parody of its original intention's. Bravo! Since this is it, crank up the criteria at the gate even farther. Hardcore. Thank-you people of the Czar nation who put the show on the map.

13. I've meet so many great people because of the Pileup. Symco would also be nothing if it wasn't for you guys. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. Sad to see it go, but man what great stories we will have for decades to come! Legendary, just legendary.

14. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Thanks guys-I'm sad but having attended the 2nd and 3rd shows I understand. GOD I have great memories of this show. Hope like hell I can get my A-Bomb there this year.Very significant.

15. Totally bummed to hear this. My favorite show by far. I must agree though last year it had a completely different feel and not for the better.It was still a great event and well run but did not have the vibe. Lets make it a blast this year! Time to get out and hit some more events other places, maybe even start one.

16. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

well SUM-BITCH!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Had to be the year I got my Galaxie all torn down for paint!
    (was planing on debuting it next year)

At least I made it to two of them and they were, by-far, the best shows I,ve EVER been to!

I guess we'll try to make it with our daily just to say we were there.
    won't be the same though. :(

You guys (and gals) put on one hell of a show!

It WILL be missed

17. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Like everybody said, everything good has to come to a end. But one thing can be said it's been a hell of a ride for the past nine years, so this one will be one to remenber. You Czars have did a hell of a job & I can say I have met a lot of friends because of you. God be with all of you. :(:( plus:cool::cool:

18. Gator

Gator

Mucho respect for maintaining the integrity of the show.

Another show I fell in love with years ago is also losing it's 'vibe' I won't mention it because I'm friends with the promoters, but - the car that won 'best traditional' this year wouldn't have even been allowed IN a couple of years ago. I've also noticed a marked increase in the number of cars that don't 'belong' getting in.

I know it's all been for a good cause over the years, but Kudo's for having enough self respect to not to "jump the shark" to make a few more bucks.

Only been once in the past but I'll try like hell to make it up this year.

19. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

WOW , hate to see this one go.

My son Scott and I created a grading system for the shows we want to attend every year.

33 points for the drive to the show ( cant be too short or too long)
    33 points for the people at the show
    33 points for the show itself.

The pile up has been a 100 point show every year ( even in the cold a couple times).
    As Ryan said good job guys, and a great way to leave a legacy !!!!!!

20. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Bummer for sure but totally understandable, thanks for including us and trusting us to be apart of this great event for the last two year. We will not disappoint this year with the swap and are looking forward to it more than any other year.
    Our show the Bombs Away Bash was inspired by the HCPU and after only five years has turned into a freak show/car party (but still a kickass time) so keeping it traditional for 10 years is a true accomplishment you should be proud of.
    "i"

21. Dustin and I have been to every one but the first one. This one will be special for us. Hoping the whole family can make it this year.
    I think there is an old saying that goes something like-- if you gotta go out then go out while you are on top!!!

22. slammed

slammed

Farewell T-Shirts? Damned straight!!

23. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I've been going since '05...always a great time! The people, the cars, the music...see ya in October!

24. MODELA30

MODELA30

25. MODELA30

MODELA30

THIS IS GOING TO HURT BUT I AM GLAD I HAVE ATTENTED THE LAST 5 OF THEM. I WILL BE THERE SNOW, RAIN, SHINE IT DON'T MATTER. Knuck From Indiana.

26. As the great Curtis Turner was wont to say in the wee small hours of the morning..." Okay folks, let's all wash our hands and faces and comb our hair...a whole new party begins in 10 minutes".
    Congrats on 10 years of greatness!

27. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

This makes me sad but after talking to Hellfish I understand why they are doing it,I will try like hell to make it this year.I have been to 3 pile ups so far and it will always be special since it was my first show as a vendor...RIP Pile up...go out with a bang!

28. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Of course we'll be there! The Singlefinger Crew hates to miss a good party!

29. wally55

wally55

WELL DONE guys.We'll see you there !!

30. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

A great group of guys, a great show, This will go down in history!!!! I wish I didn't have as much responseability in my life to make more of them, but I was there for the first 6. All of the Czars poured there hearts into this show, and no one will ever know how hard and trying it is to put on a venture like this. I know you can't make everyone happy, but you guys did a great job making most of us extremely happy. And as for the asses that bashed the show, you never will know what fun you missed being jerks... VIVA LA PILEUP!!