Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Traditional Show in Wisconsin..."WE HAVE A WINNER"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jul 5, 2011.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Best wishes on RumbleFest. Unfortunately, we are racing at the Time Machine Nationals each Labor Day weekend.

I was SSOOOOO looking forward to supporting a traditional show in that area of WI

2. krooser

krooser

Thanks Bob... I know about the Grove deal... too bad my best available date conflicts...

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

Now i need to make a decision. Go to Rumblefest or the junk parade. I've already told the wife i'm not going to my cousin's wedding that weekend. If i plan it right, i can maybe hit both events.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Thanks guys, I don't win much. When I saw the Vonzemo illustration I thought to myself, hey that one is cool, I bet hat one wins because the art is really cool, not realizing it was one of the ones I submitted. Thanks for the illustration Vonzemo.

When I was a little kid my friends and I played in the forest preserves. One weekend several motorcycle clubs had a large meeting in the preserves, about 500 motorcycles, all respected iron rolled into the woods down the asphalt road. We watched these guys all pull in with a bit of fear, we were about 10 and these guys were hard core.

When the last of the bikes rolled in they all revved their engines many of them open headers. This sent a rumble into my pal and I, you could feel the vibrato run right through your body, our little faces were vibrating, you could feel it in your eyes.

We scooted out of there out of fear and when we told our other pals about it we described it as some sort of a Rumble fest or something, we didn't know much about bikers, so for us kids these guys were having a Rumble Fest.

I know at first it sounds like a brawl cause of the word rumble, but the rumble is the unified vibration of a lot of engines making music.

Thanks again, I look forward to attending this cool show.

5. krooser

krooser

Now THAT is a winning story...wow!

You sir will be our guest of honor next Labor Day Weekend...

6. krooser

krooser

Hey... I'm working on bringing up a Texas band or two for the show... you can come to the show, too... just hide in the bus!

7. krooser

krooser

Ok...you guys have been really patient so here's one photo to contemplate... I'll be off line for the week so have at it...

Attached Files:

8. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Just south of Elkhart Lake.

9. wisdonm

wisdonm

We raced at Road America (Elkhart Lake) last weekend and ate dirt at Plymouth on Sat. night. Doesn't look like Plymouth to me.

I think Westfield would be perfect.

Hey bobwop, my car is a '68, can I use yours?

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

which?

11. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

12. krooser

krooser

You'll know Monday night....late.

13. krooser

krooser

Smarty pants!

Yep...it's now official. Rumble Fest will be held at the Portage County Fairgrounds in Amherst, WI. Labor Day Weekend 2012. The fairgrounds is located about halfway between Waupaca and Stevens Point, WI on US Hwy 10. Super easy access off of the highway to the fairgrounds.

Right now the tentative schedule is for the grounds to open for participants and campers at noon on Friday, August 31st with the main spectator gate opening at 4PM. There will be food and beer sold along with the beer stand stage hosting at least two bands Friday night.

Gates open at 8AM on Saturday and Sunday. The show will run until about 11 PM each day.

We will be using the entire fairgrounds for the show in addition to several buildings. There is a new 7500 sq. ft. exposition building in addition to two other modern buildings totaling another 4000 sq. ft.

There are permanent shower facilities and plenty of room for camping and the swap meet. Electric hook-ups will be available for campers and commercial vendors. There two permanent restrooms on the site.

There are also two permanent food stands plus a beer stand with a dance floor and another beer stand behind the grandstands. We expect to have additional food vendors at the show that will offer a wide selection of food items.

We will run two entertainment stages during the weekend. We have already contacted several bands about playing at RumbleFest and are now in the process of negotiating contracts and (hopefully) getting them signed.

We also have the use of the racetrack that we will run as a 1/3 mile track instead of the original 1/2 mile configuration. The track has a 900 seat covered grandstand plus additional bleacher seating. We have ideas for events that can use the track and will keep you posted as we finalize things.

We have set up a temporary webpage until our more detailed site is up and running. The web address is www.rumblefest.net NOT.com (which will get you biking events and roller coaster stuff plus more).... Look for a "new and improved" website in the future...

The Portage County Fairgrounds is home to the "Original" Portage County Fair which started on the site in 1869... lots of history here. The folks who run the place are very excited about this event coming to their facility. They will help all of us as much as possible to ensure we have a great event.

Thanks for all the interest in this new event. We will do all we can to make sure the HAMB-friendly atmosphere is alive and well at Rumble Fest.

Here are a few pix...

Lots of room on the wide front stretch on the racetrack...

[​IMG]

You can see three of the commercial buildings in this shot...
    [​IMG]

Another smaller view of the newest building with the beer stand on the left and the office on the right...
    [​IMG]

The grandstand and announcers booth on the front straight...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  14. skoh73

skoh73

15. Labor Day? Now your competing with Greaserama.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have a conflict also.

But I hope the show is a great success, despite those trying to badmouth Kroozer because he is no longer associated with the Symco Shakedown.

If you don't like the new show, don't go!

17. skoh73

skoh73

Sounds like sour grapes on behalf of those doing any badmouthing.

18. I know I'm super late but how was I the only to get this!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

leave uncle ed out of this.

20. just sayin haha.

21. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Well at least its not Aug 27th so no conflict with the 5th annual Bombs Away Bash in E. Peoria IL
    So if you don't have a conflict on that weekend come on down/over/up.
    Good luck with your show, we tried Labor Day weekend once.......:( not a good experience.

22. sololobo

sololobo

Throw a little prestige at it--Northern Nationals. Just a thought. Nothern Lights. Northern Rod & Custom Invitational. Northern Invitational. North Central Meet. Best wishes friends ~sololobo~

23. I hear you on the conflicting dates but finding a date that doesn't conflict with some other cool show is getting to be just about impossible these days.:( All in all more choices is better than less. As I said before, it wasn't long ago there were VERY few choices relating to traditional shows so lets be happy that more are springing up for us to enjoy.:cool:

24. I remember Ed.:D Geez, what a deal that was!!!:eek::eek::eek:

25. slammed

slammed

With the price of gas and such, ea. state having a show that week-end gives the option of saving a few dollars.

26. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

If my car is ready in time, i'll be hitting both this and the Messaround...........like MaxG says, at least we have choices. There was a time we had none. I just get more seat time, and its all about the ride for me and the crew!

27. krooser

krooser

Good dates are tough to find... you just have to make a good guess and go with it.

I had five weekends to choose from... although there were plenty of dates available in Jan/Feb.... Don't laugh I once hosted the first stock car race of the year at 141 Speedway at 12:01 AM January 1st... we had about 25 cars and about 300 spectators.

BTW.... we now have a 'temporary' website up and running... www.rumblefest.net.

If you are one of the guys who entered the contest go to the site and click on the 'contact' link... send me your mailing info so I can send out a weekend pass.... I won't have them for awhile but I will send them out when I get 'em.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  28. No bad mouthing here, just saying. I hope it does good also. We need more "old school" shows in the midwest. I had just stated that I hope they don't compete/copy each other. Tenetive plans are we will be there. Hope to see you there Bob if not before at another show.

29. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Kroozer you could do some really great tag lines with Rumble Fest. Give a new meaning to "Cheesehead" Do a flathead drawing made out of cheddar or swiss cheese!
    Good luck with your event! We are on our 11th year of GREASERAMA, and I am not sure that each year gets any easier. Get good people to help rather than the ones that show up the day of the show going "Ok what do you want me to do?" It takes months for proper execution.
    Prepare and learn from notes after the show as to "What works and what doesn't" and implement them for the next year. Otherwise you just have a cheesy car show.