Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods my new 34 chevy coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustycarr, Aug 2, 2011.

1. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

been looking for a while.(2 years) finally the stars aligned and i bought a 34 chevy 5 window. came with all new glass, 350/350 combo, 9" inch rear, cant wait to get started.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. 32Gnu

32Gnu

We need more pics!!

3. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

what a piece of ****** , please send it too me....Nice find!:D

4. Get started? looks like turn the key and go! Congratulations looks like a good find.

5. rawkie

rawkie

looks good, whats the plans?

6. sololobo

sololobo

Why do I like this coupe. Check my first car 33 Chevy sedan in avatar. Cool ride bro, congats on the find. ~sololobo~

7. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

well it does run and drive but it needs headlights and tail lights wired, glass installed, i will not be chopping it. ill probably add some lake headers, not crazy about the fenderwells.if anyone needs a set.. looking into options for filling in the top, previous owner replaced alot of wood with metal, needs a little more..fun fun..:cool:

Attached Files:

8. Nice looking project!! Looks like it will be on the road soon.

9. rawkie

rawkie

you have a good start, if you decide to chop it in the future im sure you wont regret it.

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Cool car. Welcome to the 34 Chevy owners club.

11. Um, me likum Chebby coops! Got any more pix you cud share? From what we can see, you'll be rockin' and a rollin' soon. Worth that 2yr wait, huh? Can't think of the name of the company right off the top of my head, but there's someone making a metal insert, with crown, to fit in the top opening. It's not exactly cheap at about $500.

12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

A friend of mine used a 55 - 57 Chevy sedan roof to fill his 33 Chevy Mercury coupe. Said it followed the roof crown very well.

13. Normbc9

Normbc9

Nice find! '34 Chevy coupe's as as nice as this are rare. Once you finish your project I'll bet it will be outstanding. Here is my '32 and it is has been in the family since new.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

14. I love 34 Chevys.

15. The guy who bought my '34 Master 5W used the roof from a '65 Mustang to fill the roof. Turned the Mustang roof backwards if I remember correctly. It was unchopped and in gray primer when I owned it.

Attached Files:

16. Nice. Congratulations.

17. Congrats, nice find! I love to see early 30's Chevys get back on the road. Keep us updated as you make progress. I hope to have mine on the road next spring.

18. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

thanks for all comments guys, ill have to look into the suggestions on the roof fill, ill get some more pics up when i aint doin the 9-5 :mad:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  19. Jims35

Jims35

I used a top off of a 57 ford sedan,profile was right on after turning it end for end . It's hard to see in this picture ,but there are grooves in it instead of ridges and all 57s don't have them. Mine is a sedan so it might not work on a coupe with out extra trimming and fitting .

Attached Files:

20. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

gonna hit the junkyard soon, ill be on the lookout for some donor roofs..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011