Register now to get rid of these ads!

were to buy a 32 grill shell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terry bosman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. terry bosman

terry bosman

were does one buy a 32 grill and shell. I read about rodparts warehouse and gear head. does not sound so good. so were is a good place to buy one and what is a fair price to pay. It will be going on my 28 tudor sedan. using sbf so I thing it will give me a little more room. I don't need the real thing just fair sevice and good for a daily driver. thanks for any help terry

2. pecker head

pecker head

Speedway has some !

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I plucked a repop version of one off that auction site. It's nice, for a driver.

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I had one of the repops too and it was really nice. I've recently been buying up all the originals I can find (Beat up ones that people think are too far gone), trying to put together one perfect shell, and probably sell the remaining parts.

You can get a repop and insert for around $400 maybe cheaper if you shop wisely on ebay.

Good luck!

5. racemad55

racemad55

What's the matter with the looks of a 28-29 shell ? Deuce shell on an "a" has been done to death!

6. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Try The Early Ford Store in San Dimas Cal. 909-305-1955 or www.earlyfordstore.com
    They have what your looking for and them some.

7. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

On the auction site I bought a brand new Vintiques Inc. steel shell and stainless insert for about the same money as they're asking for the "buy it now" made in China repops... C.W. Moss and others usually have one at auction at all times... Set your bidding limit and be patient, you'll eventually get one...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

not as much as "a" shell on a "a":D

9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

bob drake. get a steel one with ALLLLL the hardware

10. terry bosman

terry bosman

thanks for the help. will look in to all of them. as for the 28 shell had that been there. thanks for the help terry.

11. 5window

5window

Got my Vintiques one from Sullivan's garage. Nice folks to deal with.

12. slepe67

slepe67

Well said!!!!

13. metalman

metalman

One of my customers ordered one from Gearheads for the 27 RPU I'm building for him despite my warning him of their reputation on here ($$$ is all that matter to him). It actually came just one week after promised and I must admit it looked better then I expected for a cheap import + it didn't bother me a bit to cut it up to section it. That said I personally wouldn't buy one as long as we can still buy USA made.