Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motorama *news*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trace Edwards, Jul 6, 2011.

1. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Very excited!!!!!!!

2. mcisneros

mcisneros

i will be there with my homie "teer" and with my 60 and this time NOTHINGS FOR SALE"!!!!!

3. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Wow, this is going to be flat out impressive.

4. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

these will be in attendance as well !! including the lockhart car being built at an undisclosed location!

Attached Files:

5. april may

april may

I'll be making the trip down, can't wait.

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Keep up the good work Trace and co! Sounds like this is gonna be a killer show!!

7. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

So I have been reaching out to car clubs to get a feel for who will be showing in the outdoor Motorama area. I am so stoked to report the following clubs will be with us and each will present a club pick trophy.

Autobutchers-Beatniks-Callejeros-Cavaliers-Crusaders-Dead Sleds-Loco Banditos-Mercifuls-Scrapers-Sultans-Turks and Venice Devils

We have confirmed that the Loco Banditos Car Club out of Bakersfield-Ca will be doing a 4 car club display on the arena floor. 3 of the 4 cars will be debuting to the public, in their words "they are bringn' the paint". One other club will be doing a club presentation on the arena floor, just waiting on the confirmed number of cars, I will announce shortly the club and their cars.

I want to thank all the clubs and individuals who are constantly inspiring me to continue and grow this event.

THANK YOU!

More announcements will follow.

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

9. I think this will be "The Show" to go to....

10. Von Franco

Von Franco

This show is gonna be off the hook... So be there or be square.......

11. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I loved the show last year, especially the AC in the arena:D. I am looking forward to this year. I hope it will not be as hot as it was last year. I will not miss this show and will be there all three days.

Trace:
    Any word on if there will be a cruise this year and will it be bigger than last year?

For any one interested in great BBQ and good beer be sure to check out Beachwood BBQ on the Promenade off 4th street in LBC. Just 1/2 mile form the Arena.

12. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Y'all vs. Them!

I'm so gonna write an article about it.

:)

14. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

YES!!! The cruise is on Saturday night, we will be handing out the route map upon check-in arrival.

Thank You and Spread the Word!!

15. Sounds like another great show!!!!

16. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

I met up with Bad Bob at the Long Beach Arena Saturday morning. I asked him to bring the Merc,so we could go over the new car entrance to the Outside Show parking. Last year Bob caught the power colds and unplugged everything,haha!

This year,the cars will enter at Shoreline Drive and Pine Ave,and drive up the handicap ramp on the corner (in front of the Hyatt. Then you will follow the concrete pathway along the water and we will park you along the edge of the grass,surrounding the water. When you exit,you will follow the walkway to the ramp through the main pedestrian entrance across from where the registration booth is, East end and right onto Shoreline for the cruise. The test run worked just fine.

Then we drove the Cruise Route. This year it will be on Shoreline Drive only,and the street will be closed off. NO BUSES OR TAXIS getting in the fucking way!!!
    It will go from the south corner (Shoreline Dr. & Shoreline Village Dr. all the way to east to the hairpin,where the Indycars turn around in the Grand Prix. Lots of room for "gear bangin" and "ROOMA-ZOOM ZOOMIN"!!!

The Cruise will open to any car, pre-1969,that is registered in the outdoor show, grass area. Obviously,the cars inside the Arena will not be able to cruise.

@@@ Motorama, Shoreline Drive Cruise @@@
    It will Saturday night,Oct 1st,from 6PM to 9PM.
    Open headers are OK
    Pre-1969 cars
    There's plenty of grass across the street,and on the show side, to set up chairs and watch the cruise.

I'm looking forward to it! Should be much better than last years,cause it's closed to traffic.

More info available at www.LBMOTORAMA.COM

17. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

Ron Guidry called today to let me know the "Original" Renegades will be on hand all weekend alongside all the attending legends from the wall. We will have them set up on the outer wall of the arena floor. They will also be doing a club pick in the outside car show area on Saturday.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Excellent news dude!!

19. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

Trace we cannot wait for this show again! After talking with you in
    Salina , i got my ass back and started turning and burning on a
    model a truck we where trying to get ready for this years roundup in
    Austin , but the show sounds so killer that i am putting it in high gear
    and hope to debut it in Long Beach! I love this show what else can i say.
    I'll be sending in our registration next week , see you guys in the arena!

20. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

Thank you for your tenacious work ethic. It is our honor to host all the talented builders that are putting in the extra effort to finish for the show.

See you September 29th.

Other announcements:
    Bill Hines is currently working on completing his 51 Merc to debut as well, it's down to interior and the candy red is so fine!

The Big Daddy-Ed Roth Crazy Painting Shop display will host the Beatnik Bandit-Tweedy Pie-Rotar-Mysterion and Outlaw. Stay Tuned for more confirmations of his creations.

The Lions Drag Strip display has become more then I could have ever imagined. Last Friday I had lunch with a gentleman who's uncle had belonged to the Road Kings (formed in Long Beach-1947) as well was a timing assistant and then became the Official Starter at Lions (55-65). The man Danny Lares had a "41" Ford built by Barris in 1952 he eventually sold the car in the 60's for $500 to Stan Crabtree who then wraps the car around a tree.

We are able to showcase his Original club plaque-Barris business cards-photos of the RK activities, and other items of the clubs past. As well as a full exhibition on the starting line wall display portion of the Lions Drag Strip diorama. We have both his LADS Timing Assn. and Official Starters jacket in glass cases. His personnel photo library will be up for view on the historical wall in the lobby.

Met with the individual who owns the Bowers & Paris AA/FA, a Lions regular. We will showcasing the car in the same position as it was in the 1962 Long Beach Motorama in the arena. As well as a complete presentation of the car throughout it's history with drivers portrait and winning trophy.

The Barris Kustom City structure is off at the powder coater.

Trophies are just about done and ready for assemble.

More will follow.

21. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

This show is going to kick ass!!! I can't wait...

Rob

22. Rikster

Rikster

Sounds like an amazing show. So good to hear that so much efforts are put into a Custom Car show which is not only about the cars, but also about the history.
    It sounds like this one will be a real experience and filled with historical Custom Cars, loads of memorabilia and many old time Custom Car enthusiast to be talking to that weekend... I sure wish California was a bit closer to me...

23. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

24. 562roadster

562roadster

25. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

im happy and pleasede to be a member of the northern calif advisory board of the motor rama so basicly im at your service nay way i can help anybody dont hesatate to pm me

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Alex I'm glad that you are now part of our LBM family!! You represent all that our culture has.. You live and breath this stuff like all of us on the board of advisors..look forward to hanging soon my brother!

27. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

Hey Trace.... looking forward to it. Any rules about cameras?

28. Thanks for the update
    We will be there.
    La Mesa King Pins

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs
    big homie

30. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

looking forward to it.