Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last Chance at Colorado Junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by number6jr, Jul 29, 2011.

1. number6jr

number6jr

I searched and didn't find a topic on this yard.

1000 cars, some OT from the pictures, most not.

http://jalopnik.com/5825701/this-1000+vehicle-south-park-junkyard-is-headed-for-crusher

Quoting from the article.
    The owner has decided that enough is ENOUGH, and is conducting the Phooey Special! All vehicles, trucks, tractors, other items under 5 tons weight $1500 your choice. Some with titles, some without. CASH ON THE BARRELHEAD, no monkey business, no malarkey. Scrappers get lost, contract has been signed. HURRY! First come first served. As is where is. YOU LOAD YOU HAUL! Price goes DOWN to $1200 on August 15th, DOWN again to $900 on August 25th and bottoms out at $600 on September 4th. THE CRUSHER IS COMING and gets everything, that is EVERYTHING September 14th, including your favourite if you don't ACT NOW! You snooze, you lose. The cows want to eat GRASS, not iron!
    It will be all crushed after September 15

2. edited per the collection owner

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. And before anyone bitches about the price, realize he has to spend more time dealing with one guy who maybe wants one car, than he does the scrap guy who will buy all and haul away with no complaints about missing this, or rusted that, or whatever. Any convertible in there that's halfway complete is easily worth the $1500.

4. dave s

dave s

wow, i wish i still lived in the springs. i'd go find a few more projects...

5. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

Has anyone made it there yet? I'm packin up my trailer. I don't guess the lady has given her number ?

6. Where's the HAMB'S club buy out entity?

lets just buy the whole existing stock and redistribute among the member ship..
    how much could that possibly cost ..
    members could just line up with trailers and get er done
    hmmm semi rust free COLO. tin

sign me up for two-three of the 57-58 rancheros .. if there is any

I won't be greedy and ask for Deuces

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I and a friend are going to visit it next week I think. He made the appointment and I'm along for the ride. I honestly dont think much will be worthwhile at it. the photos are several years old and she has been selling for a while. But hell, better to go expecting crap and be surprised than go looking for gold and find turds.
    I'll let ya all know what we find if its decent.

8. D-n-Tyke

D-n-Tyke

Gearhead, please take a camera with you and get some updated photos.

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Yeah, camera and paper for a list of inventory will be going in my pocket.

10. Website is - bonanzacarcollection.zoomshare.com

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  11. jlouie

jlouie

well the website is down. either overloaded or something else.....:mad:

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Website only has a little bandwidth available, and runs for a little while each day

13. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

I just got off the phone with the lady, she seems very upset. She told she is almost embarrassed about the whole thing because of a certain website has been confusing people?? But it's not the hamb, I ask as a fellow Hamber that if you do call please be respectful, she is booked up until august 25 which is my day to go. I will take pics if she allows of course. She said also she wishes people would just go to the website mentioned earlier so they know what she really has. -Austin

15. mike bourg

mike bourg

I was there on the 25th and she does have a lot of cars left and other stuff also, but nothing that my skill level would work with, plus I just turned 70 and I am not sure that I want to do another complete rebuild, I`ll put the few pictures that I took up on my site in a few minutes, amanda is a good gal trying to get the cars to the people that will use them...

Mike B pictures at http://picasaweb.com/mikebourg1

the pictures are posted

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  16. StanSmith

StanSmith
    from AZ

Here is a link to an album of some photos that a buddy of mine took on a recent trip to Colorado. <O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

These are apparently from only 1 of the valleys that are full of cars. It looks like it worth a visit to me and I am trying to get an appointment set up for viewing of what is there. <O:p></O:p>
    My buddy hasn’t bought anything yet but is working on it.

Enjoy!
    SS
    https://picasaweb.google.com/106934...authkey=Gv1sRgCI7I3POBw-jp3gE&feat=directlink

17. StanSmith

StanSmith
    from AZ

FYI - Additional photos have been added for a total of 227. Enjoy guys!

SS