Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 60 Elcamino turned fenderless hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

[QUOTE=41 Dave;Doc, How about some progress/driving video's ? What ever ypu do bring us up to date. Dave, How Ya been? Mark aka Hip and I are looking forward to hitting some shows this year, We intend to get out to the Farmer Boys and hope to meet up with You there and hang out. Here is some progress stuff on the Sonic Needle, I got the carb finger'd out, but still may run the daul Carters and I'm about to polish the other blower and install it, that way I can install the plugs in the oil holes of the one that's on there now, since the show at Gene's I've been working on the cowl vent, I filled in the vents in the center, added a peak in the middle, and covered the windsheild wiper holes with tubbing and added bullets,( see photo) I've also been working on the rear suspension My plan is for air bags back there but for now I'm gonna run cut down coils till I can sort out the plumbing of the Ford bags and pump I've got, I have the car on the lift but will pull it out side in a couple days and take some pix, till then here is a shot from Gene's that I lifted out of WCK's newsletter, and pix of the Camino I got from Gene. Von Doc

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. Damn Mike.. As many times that I have walked past that El Camino at the shop , I never really looked at it.. Pretty damn cool.. Maybe it was all the stuff and still life covering it.. I dunno ..

Needle is looking sharp!! (No pun intended)

3. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Hey Leave Rancheros Out Of This! haha :D

4. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

slips quietly into the fracar.....

as a bodyman i can appreciate the amount of work that goes in to a build like this,,,

there seems to be alot of chat on nose jobs for this .. id just say let Doc do his thing ,, hes done this good so far , the the end is going to create a storm of its own...

there is vision in this project - amazing work Doc , and if lived in your town id be round to see whats next - often :D

5. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

kool, i actually like it.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Great! I love to see the progress on this, loved it since day one.
    The new Elco you got from Winfield is rad too. Do you have any history on it?
    I also never replied to the finned model A post. The rear end treatment is sick.
    Def. love your style.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Red wheels?: no.
    Poor construction?: no.
    No floor, or floor made from expanded metal?: no.
    No transmission tunnel?: no.
    Poor quality welds?: no.
    Horribly mis-matched parts?: no.
    Spider webs welded on everywhere?: no.
    Rubber rats?: no.
    Dangerous construction methods?: no.
    Questionable engineering?: no.
    Obscene chop?: no.
    Diesel engine?: no.
    Rat rod?: no.

Scooterville likes this.
  8. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

didn't know a diesel engine makes it a rat rod...thats a new one

9. The car looks excellent! I hadn't seen any activity for a while, so it's great to see it active again.

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Anybody callin this a rat rod has no clue whatsoever.
    Sure you cant please everyone, and who gives a crap, but the fact you dont like something doesnt automatically makes it a pile of crap.
    Keep up the good work Doc!

11. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Great to see that you got that El Camino Doc! Do you know what the story behind it is?

12. I was wondering about this build. Hey Doc, how's that gas station treating you out there?

13. Stone

Stone

This is such a great build. Any updates by chance? Any more pictures of the 60 that you picked up?

14. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Well, I took the Sonic Needle to the scales, DMV needed a weight cert to complete My reg, the first place I went was the truck stop up the road and the car was to light for them to get a weight on, so then it was off to Lancaster with help from My Buddy Mad Jack( thanks for going along with My crazy plans), the car weighs 2520, now I can finish the reg on this one and take the next one to the scales (Hey Jack what Ya do'in next weekend?), I already have had the Winfeild Camino fired up and it sounds great, My Son T.J. is helping Me with it and We are gonna share the car err truck We will call it the Solar Flare, T.J. is almost done strip'n and prime'n It and We have got it roll'n on wide whites and chrome reverse wheels,and it sits lower now, We will try and take more pix soon. Von Doc

15. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

....then.......where is your build thread?

16. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Would love to see some photos of the El Camino from Winfield's!

Thanks!

17. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I've been trying to post photo's, but the attachments box no longer has a box to click, before I would click that box then click manage attachments, but that is gone, what gives? I have been thinkin it was My computer but now I don't think it is, I made a neat set of skirts for the Winfeild Camino but can't post the photo's. what to do? Doc

18. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

WOW,....... I'd never have thought those would make a radical custom, when I had mine in '60 !!!!!! Keep us posted,...That is way cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

19. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Truly an original !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

20. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

wow. very roth/ 60s show car vibe.

21. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

What's up doc?

How bout some updated pics

Godspeed
    MrC.

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Reading the title of your post I thought...Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:
    But after looking at the pics...WOW...I really like it, and talk about out of the box...nice job !
    Cheers.....

23. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

OK My photo posting problem is My puter, I will try and post some new pix with My Daughters puter tomorrow. Von Doc

24. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

25. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Still subscribed and looking forward to updates. Love the car so far!

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sweeeet! Looking forward to updates also!

27. Hey Doc, i need an update. Its been far to long, and this is up there with my fav HAMB builds. I need a fix!
    Still got pic sharing issues? Go get a free photobucket account, and share em from there. Its real easy.
    Cant believe someone refered to this as a rr.

28. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

What ever happened to this car? am I the only one who wants to see it finished???

29. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Certainly Not! Thanks for bringing it to the top.

js

30. 75SSShovel

75SSShovel
    from Idaho