Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 24th ANNUAL GUNNISON CAR SHOW, GUNNISON COLORADO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Jun 19, 2011.

1. mad-cad

mad-cad

Does that mean no Desert Eagles too!:D how about on paper plates?:D

2. Tim,

If you bring a Desert Eagle, I'll find a couple cardboard IPSC Torso targets for ya ! Or, fix you up with something apropo................

Johnnie.

3. Can't wait for the show!! About the most perfect spot in the Rockies to hold a show...Cool in August with gorgeous views (and I don't mean just the cars)!
    Note to Johnnie: Heck, yeah, I wanna shoot! Too hungover last year to get up that early and shoot some clays. Won't make that same mistake this year (I wanna see if I can outshoot Axle if he's comin'). If we're doin' some handguns for sure, let me know, and I'd love to bring a couple with me.

Attached Files:

4. Chris,

You are correct sir, Gunnison is hard to beat in the summer, a perfect setting. Plus, I think we put on a hell of a show. Three days of fun activities, very family oriented, do as much, or little as you like.

As far as all you Pistoleros go, bring 'em, we are setting up some action pistol stages for sure.

Johnnie.

5. arbs1976

arbs1976

I can't wait for this show!!!! One of the highlights of my summer for sure! Definitely not to be missed! Now just to survive my big motorcycle trip to india. I'm bringing my model A!

6. Six weeks from this weekend ! Things are shaping up nicely for a great event........

7. choptvan

choptvan

Looks like I will be able to make it again this year. With no kids attached this time. Bringing a 36 ford. Still cool to place a tent out there?

8. Shannon,

No problem, bring your tent.........

Johnnie.

9. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

We had a blast there last year hope to be there this year ,what a great show.

10. Eddie,

Would love to host you Two again just make sure your girl brings her "Pasties". We'll let her take a few swings at the pinata.

Johnnie.

11. FIVE WEEKS BOYS ! !

Lonely Knight Chris Larson (3Deuce40 here on the HAMB), was just up here delivering a bunch of stuff he donated for the show "goody bags". Thank you Chris.

Johnnie.

12. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Gonna be a great show. Lustre Kings are going rock!

13. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Break out that 28 gauge again and we'll see if April can hit 3 out of 50. I'm going to have to go get a load of skeets if she's shooting!

14. Well, we are lucky this year fellas. Looks like Tom Meyers, (1931av8 here on the HAMB) will be doing a "Tech Talk" about Carburetors. Knowing Tom, it will be interesting AND useful ! It will be at the Gazebo, just as the Flathead seminar was, probably around 11:00 AM.

Johnnie.

15. The Nickles family is attending this year for the first time. We've never spent much time in Gunnison, and the Mrs. and twins are looking forward to it. Looking as if we will drive the 57, the coupe's way to small for the family and the flat motor 40 probably isn't up to all of those miles. I'm lobbying hard for more of our usual group to make the show for the first time too.

16. Dave,

Keep lobbying, your crew will not be disappointed ! Post # 2 of this thread has lodging info, get a room now, the town will sell out. Always does.........

Let me know how many are coming, maybe you guys would enjoy a little "after show" get-together ?

Johnnie

17. 1931av8

1931av8

I will do my best to do this topic justice, especially following Dave Crouse's great talk on flatheads last year.

The carb tech talk will be information packed. I will give a brief discussion on carburetor theory, where and how to buy the right carb, tips on cleaning in an EPA friendly world, rebuilding the right way, how to deal with ethanol, and thoughts on multi-carburetor set-ups. That should fill my hour!

See you all in Gunnison.

Tom

18. Mercchev

Mercchev

Gonna bring the roadster I think...Can't wait. see you there...

19. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Bring it. Cant wait to see it! Might not like those cool Gunnison's mornings tho!

20. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Lindsay and I have had the absolute best time every year we've gone, and regret we can't make it this year because we have a brand new baby girl -- Lorelei Scarlett -- and want to give her a little time to get used to this world before we expose her to too many shenanigans! If you can make it up to Gunnison for this show and to experience the endless hospitality of the Walkers, you should not miss it. Gunnison is beautiful any time, but especially this time of year. The same is true for Johnny... Give my regards!

21. HopFrog

HopFrog
    from no where

Dang :/

I wish I had the money to go. This is one of my fav drives in the US. My ex and kids (28&30) are in Canon City and I drive thru on US 50 every time. I love Lake Gunnison and Blue Ridge Mesa! I stop and take pics every time even though it never looks any different! lol... Anyone having second thoughts of going better find the money some where and get your tush out there. The big clear sky's in Colorado leave you speechless! Gunnison is rich in railroad/mining/frontier history.

I have been trying to get my Ford loving brother in Denver to get himself on the HAMB and I have forwarded all this info to him about this car show. Ya'll would love his restored, but hopped up '65 Mustang.

Here's some sites I found with some photos of the area. I'm not endorsing anything here. Just sharing...

Trip Advisor (Gunnison Nat'l Park) ~ Trip Advisor (City of Gunnison, CO)

Mesa RV Resort Newsletter <--cool photos

USA Today Travel <--- Cheap Motels

22. Hey, Johnnie! Woo Hoo! Just made my motel reservations for that weekend. Close to downtown and within walkin' distance to the "W" for breakfast, and close to the range for Sunday morning after the Saturday night get together. Can't wait!!

23. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

The closer we get to the date of the 2011 Gunnison Car Show, the more I wish it were practical for us to attend this year. From our very first time, this instantly became one of Lindsay's and my favorite car shows in Colorado, and definitely one of the best times we have ever spent with friends, both old and new. We plan to bring little Lorelei Scarlett next year when she's just a smidgen over 13 months old. We're definitely looking forward to it! Under normal circumstances we never have to think of reasons to not go. There are nothing but great reasons TO go, especially with the Lustre Kings playing there this year. Don't miss Gunnison if at all possible!

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bringing this on top for the Lonely Knights

25. Three weeks from today boys.......... Actually, the Cruise-In is three weeks from last night. Things are looking grood, lots of cars pre-registered, all we need now is some great weather !

Johnnie.

26. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Hey Johnnie, looks like fun, I wish I could make it!

27. There is going to be a whiskey tasting event, combined with the showing of "Thunder Road", Saturday evening after the Gunnison Car Show. Sounds like fun for anybody looking for something to do that evening. Apparently I am not smart enough to paste the flyer, but the link below works just fine. If somebody can put it up, with the Robert Mitchum poster, please do so.

Thanks, Johnnie.

Just received this from our club president:

Members:

The Gunnison Arts Center and the Brick Cellar have gotten together to offer a very interesting car show Saturday evening. If you have friends coming into town for the car show and they’re not sure what to do or where to eat that Saturday night.

Here’s one option: http://www.gunnisonartscenter.org/events/a-night-on-thunder-road.

There are only 70 seats available so they’d better hurry!

Mike C

28. 1931av8

1931av8

Doing some custom work on the wood on the bed of the Model A. Breaking convention and trying to get some early 60's atomic design imagary involved. Haven't seen anything like it around here, so might have a trendsetter...

Will that work be unveiled in Gunnison? Will Michelle convince me that her OT '67 Mustang GTA ragtop with the 390 FE will show up instead? Come to Gunnison and find out! :)

PS - Great prizes await those lucky enough to take a swing at the Walker pinata!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  29. This should be a good time as always!