Register now to get rid of these ads!

gas pump worth and date?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vividlyvintage, Jul 28, 2011.

1. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

anyone know of what year this is from? and the value?

There is 2 one red one blue, the blue is shown. They are at my work. My boss wants to get rid of them. I thought about cleaning them up and selling them.

Attached Files:

2. They are probably only worth about $150 max. They arn't that old, I'd guess late 60's.
    Might be worth more to a guy named Robbie.
    But if the boss is giving them to you.....pressure wash them, maybe give them a coat of wax and list them online for sale.

3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

E-bay is your friend :)

4. Looks like the pumps from the 1980's & to the mid 1990's..price? maybe see what similar ones are bringing on that auction site that starts with an E :D

5. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

6. They're muscle-car era, likely used to the end of the analog pumps in the 90s. But they should have stickers on them with a date of their last inspection and seal.

As to worth, I got a similar one at an auction when a defunct local gas company decided to clean out the warehouse and a lot of them went stupid cheap to scrap guys - mine I put on eBay in a "good until cancelled" listing, and sold it six months later for $100. Mine was a tad newer than those.

Personally, what I would do is take the pumps out, scrap them, and keep the rest to sell the same way on eBay and try and get $100 a shot on them. It'll take some time, but they should sell eventually. The pumps are really no use to anyone and they're a hell of a lot easier to move without them.

7. They are definitely alot heavier with the pumps in them. For display purposes the pumps aren't needed. However, instead of tossing them out, check with a local farmer (maybe one that has that certain car you've been trying to aquire), and give the farmer the pumps. They can use them for fuel transfer at home or in the field, and the act of kindness wins points for the future.

8. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Worth about 100 bucks each at most. When you list them for sale be sure to list the manufacturer and model number.
    Too new for most petroliana collectors. I agree, scrap the guts.

9. When I was working at the Esso station in the early 70's, they had pumps just like this one, so my guess would be a late 60's pump too.

[​IMG]

10. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

^^^ those pumps are damn heavy.

11. The one I had only had one calculator in the top and it was about my limit to load it in the back of my Suburban to bring home.

12. Did they have unleaded in the late 60's? I was taking mechanics in 1976 and I thought unleaded was a pretty new thing then.

13. backroads

backroads

I would say clean em up and craigslist em

15. mow too much

mow too much

I pumped many a gallon in the late 60's from pumps like them.;)

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

the unleaded label could have been inserted any time after year of manufacture. I'm in agreement with the very late 60s and on into the 70s. Hard to believe there's much collector value in those - at least right now. Maybe in a hundred years?

dj

17. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Who made them, and what model? Plate should be on lower side with this info. Pumps like this are still in use some places, the pump itself can be rebuilt. It may have commercial, not collectible value, as is.

There are two main types, one takes a submersible pump in the tank, one is a suction pump in the pump itself. That affects value, depending on what's common in the area.

18. seatex

seatex

Gut it, put in a flat screen tv and dvd player, and enjoy vintage drag racing in your shop!

19. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

AMOCO sold unleaded gas as far back as 1915.

20. mow too much

mow too much

Saw one that was used as a mail box..........pretty neat.

21. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Looks like it could be a Tokheim 1052. That could date it as early as 1962. Your market is going to be the muscle car guys.

22. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Or guys that dont wanna shell out 2G plus for a older style pump .

23. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thsnks all for the info. I will check for stickers of the last inspection date. I do plan to bring then home and restore them. The ladt cost of gas on one of the pumps is displayed at 49c a gallon. Maybe that will help date it also. The pumps are sitting behind the airplane hanger I work at. I think they were once pumps for the airport. I am not sure if the other pump is leaded gss or not. These pumps are in a hard to get to place behind our oil shed. I will for sure rescue them and clean them up. I love the idea of putting a flat screen in it for watching tv and or dvds while working inside the garage. So everyone seems to agree that they are worth about 100-150. Is that as a set or individually? My boss wants to just get rid of them. I said no way. They are worth something.

Thanks guys so much for the info. Keep it coming and when I get the chance I will post more photos of the pumps.

There is also an old retro looking floor jack that I want too but not sure if its for sale or not.

Thanks,
    Skrach
    www.VividlyVintage.com

24. Individually, $100-$150. Plus the pumps should scrap out at 500-750 lbs, that's another $100 or better.

49 cents a gallon? Sounds like they haven't been used since before Carter was president.

25. scrubba

scrubba

Folks , the pump I saw at the first picture was of a Tokeim Explorer . They were made from 1970 to 1986. What he has is one of the illuminated versions and is a Dual brand one too. yes , they're kinda collectable . scrubba

26. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

looks like a bennett 3024 circa 1962 50 bucks ea if your lucky worth more as scrap ...

27. von zipper

von zipper

49 cents was in the early 70s! TV em!

28. derbydad276

derbydad276

looks like the ones I used to pump gas out of in the late 70's

29. Mudgy

Mudgy

I saw a petrol pump turned into a beer fridge...now there's a good use for 'em:)

Attached Files:

30. oldschoolgasser55

oldschoolgasser55

i just got these 50.00 each i grabed them i thought it was a good deal.

hope this helps good luck ,,,,

Attached Files: