Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joe's Pinstriping Needs Your Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kreepy, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

Hey everybody! All you central Texas guys may or may not know me. Kreepy or Joe of Joe's Pinstriping. If you know me or my work you may have noticed I have been absent at shows as of late. Many of you also know that I have had Liver Cirrhosis for the last 6 years. As these illnesses do it has worsened with time and I am no longer able to spend the time I use to in the heat and sun of shows. I have however set up shop for striping and painting at my new office//shop/home.

This is the hard part for me, asking for help. I am looking down the barrel of a Shermen tank of already accumulating medical bills and living expenses. I have never been one to accept help freely with out giving something in return. So this is my offer:

I am offering 10 one day (up to 6 hrs of work) pinstriping sessions for $150 per day. I will do any job for the flat rate. Cars, Bikes, Phones, Trash cans, Computers, Wives, anything I can lay paint on I will stripe up for you. This is a first come first serve deal. I will set up 10 appointments for a 10 day period. All appointments will be scheduled over a two week period. Please PM me to sign up or for more details.

I hope that this will be beneficial for both y'all and for me. You get to help a brother hot rodder and I get to spread killer designs and kustomizations in town. If i am going about this in the wrong fashion please let me know. My intentions are not to cheat or to rip anyone off.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Joe "Kreepy" Riley
    Joe's Pinstriping
    Joe's Pinstriping.com

2. Good luck Kreepy! I wish I was closer....I'd let you lay some stripes just to learn from you.

Prayers for a complete recovery, both physically and fiscally!

3. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Wish I lived closer.

4. I'd come by if I were closer. I just had my truck striped and that is a bargain!

5. Nothin' at all wrong with what you're proposing. You're in a tight spot and you're offering your services at a generous rate, just like a sale at any store. If I were closer I'd take you up on it in a heartbeat.

Folks, here's an opportunity to help out a brother HAMBer and to get something cool at a damned good price!

6. Not only a damned good price but something that will appreciate with age. Old pin striping is like old wine it only gets better so what you purchase at a bargan today will be worth a fortune in time. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Kreppy
    I am damned sorry to hear of your condition. If there is anything that I can do let me know.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  7. cederholm

cederholm

Wish I was closer too.

8. Joey7319

Joey7319

I looked at your site Joe and you do some really nice work. I wish I was closer, I`d be all over this deal. I like the household containers you did, Might think about making something simular to sell on the bay or local.

Hope things look better for you soon.

9. C'mon central Texas! A HAMBer needs your help and you need some pinstriping! :)

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

11. oj

oj

Great idea, i have a model 'a' dash, some headlights, oil filter etc - ok if i send them for your touch?
    I'll need an address - shoot me a pm. Or my email [email protected]
    Thanks for offering, oj some hemi valve covers too, thats the shit right there!

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I too wish I lived closer....would definitely find something to stripe...
    You will be in my prayers.
    Bob

13. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

I am also going to be auctioning some finished work after this weekend. Be sure to keep an eye out. Thanks for the.support and the well wishes. My liver failure is caused by an IBD and wasnt caused by unhealthy living or drinking drugs or the like.

Joe

14. Fenders

Fenders

$150 for six hours of striping is a real steal !! Like others, wish I was closer.

Reminds me of the fellow who spent his money on women, booze and gambling -- the rest he wasted...

Good luck to you, hope it works out.

15. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I admire a man who's willing to work for what he needs instead of asking for a handout.
    Damn- I have an old front half of a pedal car here I'd love to get something on - it's the front half of what looks like a 55 chevy (sorta) in patina yellow.
    Do you do aibrush flames in minature?- a Ricklefs style like whats on my roadster? It's a garage wall display -you would have to rough up your work so it looks old & blends in w/ the rest. Let me know if this is do-able. I'd have to figure out the shipping.

Here's what it looks like now.

[​IMG]

Looks like your domain is expired.

16. slammed

slammed

I thought that ^^ was an auction item at 1st! I almost bid! It's neat, and a nice start to hep this fellow out.

17. does this rate include classes?:)

wish i lived closer.....id rub some nickles together and "find" 150 bucks. after 6 hrs im sure id at LEAST know how to thin the paint and hold the brush lol :p

all the luck to you, its an awesome deal...ill notify my fellow non hambers in teyhas.

18. jipp

jipp

i have nothing worthy of your work at this point, and live to far away. However, wanted to say what you are offering is win/win for everyone involved. great bargain for the customer, gets you some cash, and better yet.. keeps your mind busy. ill keep a eye out for you auction maybe something i can use.. have a great night. to the top/
    chris.

19. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I wish you were in NY, I'd keep you busy striping my truck for a few days, at least!

20. You do good work...I'd be there if I was closer.....Good luck with your health issues.....

21. You're not cheatin' anyone at $150 for that much pin striping work! I wish I was visiting Austin sooner! Good luck with everything

22. horace urrey

horace urrey

praying for your recovery. I will have some workfor you shortly pm me with contact info when you get to feeling like it

23. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

You guys really dont know how much of a huge push to keep me working your kind words are. Its just the encouragement i need right now. Thanks to all again.

24. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

25. Just in case someone doesn't see this.

26. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

I've got some stuff that needs a few lines... I've got your contact info from the website, and I'll call.

I'm really busy this weekend, but will be in touch next week.

27. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

Joe, My thoughts and prayers are with you man. If I was closer I'd bring everything I had to have you stripe it. That's a helluva deal you're offering so anyone who's close and doesn't take advantage of it, not to mention help out a fellow HAMBer, is crazy.

Was wondering though, for all of us who are too far away, is it possible to ship you some stuff, or better yet, could you do framed art? I'd def either ship some stuff or buy a couple pieces off ya for the house. Just a thought! Keep smilin' and stripin' man!

28. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

50Special It is possible to to ship stuff to me all I ask is that you cover all the shipping. I also do digital design, Custom Hand Painted Signs, and Art. I have my entire portfolio on my website. Feel free to contact me by email or phone to discuss further.

Guitarmook just give me call or contact me any time to discuss it.

Thanks for the interest and concern.

29. bumpity bump

30. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

Hey guys! Still have days to fill for striping. give a shout if you are interested.