Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How has the HAMB made an impact ...share your story???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Came here for the Thunderbolt and Comet drag car threads....now I want an A Model roadster. :confused:

2. erlomd

erlomd

Makes me feel I'm not the only overly obsessed, sick, perverted and demented person out there....about hot rods of course!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  3. genosslk

genosslk

I've made some great friends from HAMB, some I may never see and some I've met and will be friends for the rest of my life or theirs!!!!
    Great folks here! thanks HAMB....

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

I now gather hot rod parts for future builds, that makes my shop look more like a museum than anything else. But it's all good and I like it that way...John

5. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

other than getting to see some great cars..and learn some history..i met awesome people...by best friends are on the hamb..

6. zep058

zep058

It's given me an education of what truly is a traditional rod and custom.

Thanks Ryan and all you folks on the HAMB

7. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

I haven't been on this forum very long, but I must say the level of knowledge here is over-whelming almost. Its incredible how much some (or shall I say most) people know here. I dont post much, just read since there isn't much I can say to help the majority of the members on here.
    There is a guy here from Texas (wants to remain un-named) that offered to make a part that i needed for free, and ship it out to me even. I was floored by that... wow! To do that to a guy he'll likely never meet is pretty surreal.

8. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

As a vendor it helps us immensely to build a better product; with 100k+ guys adequate feedback is not an issue even with the most arcane item.

9. I have some of the best friends in my life because of it !!! Also I love the fact that I can go anywhere in the U.S. and know someone, its made the world a smaller place !

10. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hey Omar,

Not trying to complain about Hawaii, but man, doing the Trad thing here would be really difficult without the input, info, opinions and community that the H.A.M.B. provides!

The H.A.M.B. is a fucken cooool place!!!

11. I've enjoyed the HAMB from the first day I checked it out. I enjoy it even more today. Great people doing things I dream of doing, plus I get a front row seat to the madness, BITCHIN!!!!!:D Couldn't happen if it wasn't for Ryan and ALL the HAMB'ers. Thank you all, Thank you Bone Daddy for letting me share on your thread. Adam

12. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

this place has made so many positive changes in my life that if I listed them all here I would be typing for hours, and you would think I was full of shit when I was finished.

Fuck the nay sayers, this is the place to be and in my not so humble opinion, the single greatest asset to hotrodding EVER. The technical info contained here places it far above any printed media or ego filled tv show. If the technical info you seek isnt here, ask and it will be provided for you by bonafide experts and professionals.

13. And so far, no one mentioned the humor? Some of you are funny!

Oh, the car stuff is alright too..

14. Mercchev

Mercchev

X2! Well said...

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

what Jaz said, plus so much more that I can't even find words for. Before the hamb I was a hermit quadriplegic with a soulless wheelchair adapted late-model Euro box that I hated. The hamb gave me the inspiration and idea to build the Kripple Kart, and my Kustom has changed my life. The encouragement and support and knowledge that I have gained here could not be found anywhere else in the world (particularly not England where the Kustom scene is so small and in my opinion not properly understood). I am privileged in that I have so many real deal Kustom guys on here that although I will never probably meet face-to-face, I can regard as friends and I regard this is my second home. I check in here first thing in the morning, and if I'm not out in the kart, I'm usually on here. It is not an exaggeration to say that without this place I would probably have checked in to an assisted suicide clinic somewhere in Switzerland by now.
    The HAMB gives me a place to hang out with some very cool like-minded people and honestly helps me make it through another day.
    I am not generally a kiss ass, but I have to say Ryan has given us all something truly special if we choose to view it that way. The last bastion of American automotive sanity.
    Paul

16. I dig, Kripfink..
    This place gives me a place to put my art. Some here dig my art, the rest of the world don't get it.

Attached Files:

17. yes. Yes. & yes!

18. Before I found this site I thought I was just a weird kid. The last left of people who appreciated the early style hot rods when all sanity had gone to hell in the form of Boyd and Billet, tweed and crate motors. I was blown away when I found a HUGE forum devoted to it.

The craftsmanship here is amazing and so is the knowledge. Where I once had limitations I now have the desire to do better, and be better at this thing.

19. Big Jon

Big Jon

Try following the traditional or Kustom car scene from the bottom of the world , I lurk a lot , I learn alot , i get to see car shows really cool cars every day , through the eyes of others . the next best thing to being there. thank you for posting pictures and info . and it even seems you are a pack of good bastards.

Thanks Ryan from the deep south

Big Jon

20. 32Gnu

32Gnu

The only impact made on me is realizing a porknbeaner isn't a sex toy it's actually a real person... :)

Naahh y'all are great bunch of guys and I appreciate all your help!!! This is the place to be at!

21. Big Jon

Big Jon

Hey and i just turned into a grenade Inspector , its taken a while, but as my old man used to say. 2 ears 1 mouth .... listen twice as much as talk.

Big Jon

Gold Chainers CC
    New Zealand Chapter

22. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

I forget how I found this site, but during my last deployment I got the bug, and spent it trying to learn as much about old cars as I could without touching one. When I got back I ended-up buying a '71 F-100 because it was a steal. Now I'm deployed again and looking to buy my wife a classic of her own, so now I'm back to spending alot of time here.

23. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Opened flood gates of memories I had lost 40 years past.

24. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard

Yes, with this place and '50's music on the radio one can spend some time in a world that makes sense.

25. ussrjeppi

ussrjeppi
    from Iceland

hase helpet me a lot made things easy and saved me from giving upp on my car . , when i got the arthritis it was nice to met people that allso had it , and the hamb opened my eyes that there are a bunch of car nuts like me all ower the world so it is an universial disease to be into old cars .

26. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Before the HAMB I would have never had the confidence to do metal fabrication, but watching the builds, Tech weeks, and the words of encouragement I am building a custom out of a 54F100 ( Miss Fortune build ).
    My only problem now is time, being self employed does not let me get into the shop as much as I like.
    thank you Ryan and moderators for this site and the great job you do.

27. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

For me its another tool in my tool box and a place to talk shop, with other shop people.

MrC.

28. darkk

darkk

Well, I learned there are some haters here, can't say the *RR* word! Even though some of the rides really look close...this is not a discussion oportunity about the differences. Some of the people here are very sensitive about their rides....sheesh! Otherwise not a bad site, lots to see, lots to learn. Some very cool rides and ideas...

29. It's helped me learn more about traditional hot rods and custom cars. Different ways of going about things with my car. After searching on here for awhile I now have a full plan for my car.

30. Logging on is kinda like walking into your garage with all your friends waiting for you..some of them are super talented, some are a little sensitive, some are jubilant and ......well, it's a cross section of all kinds of like-minded people. Not too unlike belonging to a car club that meets every day. Gives me great pleasure to be a part of this group.
    Here is a nice photo of a pig.

Attached Files:

• pig.jpg
      pig.jpg
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views: