Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jagman

Jagman

I think all this positive affirmation is wonderful, and it's true that for a lot of people cancer is no longer an automatic death sentence. My wife is a stage 4 breast cancer survivor for example. It was a tough road, and a lot of times she wanted to give up, but she's cancer free now for 7 years and we have hope that she'll live as long as anyone should - that is if a car accident, smoking or any of the other stupid things we do don't get her first.

That said, there are still some cancers that can't be fixed, only staved off for a while. If that's your situation, my only advice is to live the rest of the days you have well, spend quality time with those who are important to you and try to leave even a small legacy that wil make you and your decendants proud. Best of luck to you, and get started NOW!

2. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

You Guys Are the Greatest,,,Bought another 48 F1 possibly F2. The bed is full of extra parts. I am Stoaked..A much better start for me...I Cook for the Moose Lodge today..Will be up there for about 8 hrs..Life Goes On...No since in taking it on the chin...Not bad for a guy that is Never going to (Quit)...Love All Of Ya

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Two non-medical things that not only helped me with my cancer, but made winning possible: All the love and support I got on the HAMB, and reading Lance Armstrong's book "Its not About the Bike".

Lets see some pics of your trucks!

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

As others have said; i'm am very sorry to hear the news. Keep your head up and stay strong. Cancer is beatable and there are plenty of survivors here to tell the story. My advice to you; and im sure that plenty of others have said this too is to surround yourself with the ones you love and care for and dont be afraid to "savor" those small moments, spend each and everyday doing something that you love or havent had the chance to do, don't be afraid to vent and seek assistance when needed :we all need help on our our two feet sometimes, and lastly: dont ever, ever give up. Cancer is beatable and sadly sometimes its not but don't let the contrary get you down. A strong mind makes for a strong body so believe in yourself. may god bless xoxo- farmergal

5. Congratulations on the 'new' truck. I went to your profile and stole your photos. I'm sure many other HAMB'ers are wanting to see too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the 'old' F1 the blue truck is replacing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

just remember you have cancer, cancer doesn't have you!
    fight it! and try to keep a good attitude!
    the more you bring your self down the harder it for your body to fight back.....
    get on the web. do own research get lot's of 2nd opinions!

7. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Sorry to hear the bad news, cancer does suck. I have lost loved ones to this and my mother is recovering from it right now. We all have cancer but it sucks when it desides to attack.

8. Mike6Kerns

Mike6Kerns

I JUST lost my Dad to cancer and it's been the hardest thing for me to go through. I've seen war close up and watched friends pass from this. But to watch my Dad leave was the hardest. We worked on my old truck together for years and it was the best time I spent with him. Even if he had the "get it done in 10 minutes" thinking...lol!!
    The old truck you have is the same model he had when he was 18.
    Keep doing the things you Love and take things day by day. Spend the most time you can with the ones you Love and tell them that everyday. I know I am new here and I don't know you. Just be you and do your best at what you Love to do.

9. jipp

jipp

keep positive. iv been through hell and back.. from a accident died for 2 mins etc chronic pain patient now and the meds are killing me off one day at a time.. staying positive has help me the most. but i have my bad days.. and just want to throw the towl in.. i just keep <iframe style="border: 2px inset; width: 100%; height: 100px;" tabindex="1" id="vB_Editor_QR_iframe"></iframe>thinking tomorrow will be better. wish i could help more.. need someone to talk to, hit me up.. im easy to get along with :)
    chris.

10. customcory

customcory

I bet the cancer was off your mind a little when you was loading up them trucks and rolling your new in the driveway.:D

11. Another survivor here.

Just wanted to add that the odds are just that. I have an uncle that was given a 5% chance of survival, and that was after some pretty intense surgery. That was 15 years ago and he's still lovin' life. A positive attitude is your best weapon.

Looking foward to updates on your truck.

12. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I am still getting tests, but I may be in the same boat as you. All I can say is be thankful for the time you have had, and don't waste whatever days/months/years you have left.

13. Goodlife

Goodlife

I am six years out on lymph node and cancerous prostate removal. Keep your chin up and enjoy everyday, they say it's not what happens to you but how you deal with it that matters. My best wishes for you as you face this difficult challenge.

14. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

Remember what jipp said we have our bad days. to any of you if you need a friend don't hesitate i will be back at you!

15. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

It's struck in my family many times over including both grandfathers and my mother. As it's been said, live each day like it's your last and try to enter each one you have with the best attitude you can muster.

16. Joe Bassett

Joe Bassett
    from usa

i had prostrate cancer 8 years ago had it removed saved nerves all things work just keep doing all the things you love hope and pray for you

17. thaugen

thaugen

Melanoma survivor for 25 years. I’ve also had other types of skin cancers probably due to a life of sailing, skiing, etc. so I’ve spent an enormous amount of time researching cancer treatments. Here in a nutshell is what most people need to know about cancer and how to control it. None of this is snake oil.

Healthy cells mutate and become cancer cells all the time. In healthy people their immune systems attack each mutated cell and kill it. Most cancers occur because your immune system is overwhelmed or depressed and cannot kill all the mutated cells which then proliferate and become a tumor or other cancer. This process can be reversed if you do the right things and activate your immune system.

If you go the conventional medicine route of cut (surgery), burn (radiation), or poison (chemo), all of them will wreak havoc on your immune system. I’m not suggesting you avoid them, but simply be aware that afterwards you will need to rebuild your immune system. OK, so what should you do now? Do what Mom always said: eat your vegetables, don’t smoke (or be around any other chemicals), keep your weight down, stop eating fast food, and keep a positive attitude. Others here have already offered some advice such as, “Watch your diet, look into DCA (I took it, it helped), get rest, work with your doctors and keep a positive attitude! Diet is crucial! Cut out sugar and carbs! And stop all high fructose corn syrup! Avoid aspartame.”

In addition to eating healthy, you need to be taking vitamins and supplements to optimize your immune system. Also, I strongly recommend a natural substance called Astaxanthin, which has killed a bunch of my skin cancers.

Look after yourself, get enough sleep, take a list of ideas to your doctor so you are actively participating in your treatment rather than passively allowing things to happen, and you’ll have that positive attitude that is indispensable to getting your cancer under control. I wish you the best.

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

hang in there, cancer sucks the big one

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Lost my mom to stomach cancer, my father-in-law to throat cancer, my mom found out in November died the following January. My father in law had all the normal steps, cut out the tumor, chemo and stuff.. He told me before he died, Never let them cut on you,,
    the pain isnt worth it. I know there are better options the Govment doesnt want you to know about,, If I had it, I would look into other treatment options. Get into a support group, and live life to the fullest each day. Live like you were dying as Tim McGraw would
    say. My prayers and good thoughts go out to you...

20. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

My mon is a survivor, 15 years this summer. My dad told her if she beat the cancer, he'd pay for her to go back to school and get her college degree. She's now a teacher, going for her masters, and living her dream.

Don't ever give up.

21. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

From another of your posts I see that your dad died of prostate cancer at 77. Well, that makes two of us! My dad also died of it at 77, and I too was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer 10 years ago.

Just let me say this, "prostate cancer ain't gonna kill you!" Get the right doctor, explore all treatment options and educate yourself. Now get busy on that F1 and PM me if you need any info.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  22. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I had 2 friends that were diagnosed with Cancer about the same time last Winter. One gave up the other fought it. One is still with us, one isn't. Don't give up, I worked with a guy that had been given 6 months to live. He decided to fight it and 10 years later he's still kickin' and enjoying his life, family and friends a lot more than he did 10 years and one day ago.

23. oj

oj

Holy shit, 48fithdf1, look at what you started! The stories of courage and strength i have read here and nothing short of incredible - i am truely humbled and honored to know and call you guys my friends. Thanks oj

24. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

I'm a survivor of 3 yrs & agree with thaugen,watch your diet & no processed foods,even hot dogs,sausage,nitrates are bad,sweet potatoes have something in them that stops c.
    I don't smoke,drink,and a good nights sleep every nite,take some vitamins & did alot of research(my lovly wife did ) excercise,drink alot of green tea.NO SWEETS CANCER FEEDS OFF SUGAR!!
    My prayers got out to you & yours.
    It CAN be BEAT!!

25. sun down

sun down
    from tx

cancer sucks for sure, found out in Nov 09, went thru 2 surgeries and chemo, I now feel better then I did at 40 and I just turned 70, back to playing senior softball and doing great......took a lot of work, was not going to give in or dwell on it, with the help of prayers and the kind wishes here from folks helped a lot, most of the cancer is gone... just doing check ups and keeping an eye on it..

I too wish you the best

26. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Lost my Dad to Cancer in 1999 (He was 70 years old). I just said a prayer for you. Your HAMB brothers are here for you buddy! SC

27. voodoo1

voodoo1

We lived in Bonney Lake for awhile back in '04. Love the area. I lost my dad to cancer in '06, he was 71. I wish you the best. Don't give up, there's too much work to do! mike

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  28. toolman1967

toolman1967

Never give up. My dad had half of his lung removed and the following year he had a tumor removed from his brain and was given 5 years, that was 12 years ago. My brother -in-law was counted out with stage 4 skin cancer, now he is cancer free.

Nothing is ever set in stone, Do NOT give up Brother! Prayers heading your way!
    TIM the Toolman

29. Think positive and consider some of the alternative treatments and diets as others have suggested. I wish you the best and my prayers are with you!!

30. HopFrog

HopFrog
    from no where

May the Blessings BE