Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Info On This '33-34 Please...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mosconiac, Jul 27, 2011.

1. mosconiac

mosconiac

Does anyone have any info on this car? Thanks in advance. :D

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a Speedstar kit car to me,,kinda homely IMHO. HRP

3. Badfella

Badfella

4. mosconiac

mosconiac

OK, this is obviously the wrong forum for this inquiry. Just thought an audience this large would lead to a quick answer. Please let this thread die...unless I can figure out how to delete it entirely.

5. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I kinda like it.... sweet ride in my opinion

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can't provide any hard fast info for you on this one, but I do remember it featured in I believe Street Rodder at some point in the last five years or so. Hope that helps.

8. What the heck is wrong with my replay,,I told you excatly what I think it is and excatly how I feel about the style,,as Steve Martin use to say,,,HRP

Excuse Me!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. mosconiac

mosconiac

My only goal was to find out more about the car (I agree with you that it's a speedstar)...maybe the owner is on the HAMB or someone knows him. I feel bad because IF he is on here, I've put his car out there (in front of a crowd that prefers traditionals) and subjected him/it to potential ridicule.

Further, now you've misinterpreted this as some sort of attack on you. Sorry.

10. If I remember correctly it belonged to Gil Losi of southern California and I believe was built by Boyd Coddington.

Mick

11. Most Hamber's that have been here for any extended period of time grow accustom to cars that are not what we refer as not politically correct for our liking,this doesn't mean we can all agree on anything.

Any given day someone is gonna get their feelings stepped on so a strong skin is advised,,honestly a lot of us own different styled cars but we know what to post and what not to post.

As far as me taking offense,,you gotta be kidding,,I'm just one of the hundreds of curmudgeons here so that's just the way I am.:D HRP

12. mosconiac

mosconiac

That got me there....boydster (not speedstar) called the "ratster". Thanks for the clue!!!

13. You are right Mick.

14. Weasel

Weasel

Yuck - living proof that Coddington missed the mark entirely when he tried to jump on the nostalgia bandwagon - talk about mixed metaphors. Blown LS6 crate, IFS, IRS, bags Big Billet hoops - yeah as traditional as hell....:rolleyes:

15. Be that as it may (and I'm not disagreeing) to this day it draws huge crowds at every show I see it at!

16. Weasel

Weasel

As do many tacky, tasteless and truly awful 'shock rods'....