Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Garage(s)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 26, 2011.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

So, tonight I was working on my wifes treadmill out in the garage. I was a little irritated that this hundred dollar yard sale score had eaten the rear roller, aand we're now spending money on it. I stopped for a moment and looked around, and thought, "Damn, this is pretty cool. Why am I bitching about a twenty nine dollar replacement part?"

I'm not bragging, not trying to blow my horn, because I know that there are garages WAY cooler than mine, with WAY nicer cars in them, but I have to think I'm one of the more fortunate. Lot's of us, myself included, like to complain about the percieved problems with our lives, the economy, our country, and our lot in life, but really, if you're anything like me, and I know you are, because you're a HAMB'er, a Hot Rodder, you've got time and disposable income for WAY more cars than you need. you've got a lot to be thankful and grateful for.

Not to make this a contest, but post up pic's of your stuff. We're pretty lucky son's o'bitches, when it comes right down to it.

Attached Files:

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Well put Brian.
    I go back to when I built my 1st project in a cramped shed, hardly a garage.
    Yet today my garage is cramped but filled with good stuff. Cramped by my own doing.
    I feel lucky to have what I got.

3. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I just built this shop "Old school" with glass service station doors. Just starting to move my crap inside.

Attached Files:

• 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      119.2 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      124.5 KB
      Views:
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      125.2 KB
      Views:
  4. snelson57

snelson57

Love those glass doors...

5. X 2.........count my blessings every day!!:)

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Thats friggen' cool!!!

7. Nice shop way cool !!!!!!!

Frenchy

8. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

have you ever checked out the garages over on the ryans sister site the garagejournal.... there are some garagemajals over there...

nice garage man. one day i'll have one... one day.

9. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

10. von zipper

von zipper

Nothing like a cool garage!:)

11. oldsboy

oldsboy

Garage??? Just have to work with what you have...

[​IMG]

12. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Very nice! I like the doors. The only thing I keep thinking though is that everyone can see what is inside - including those you don't want inside. Sign of the times I suppose. I used to work in an old horse barn with a dirt/gravel floor out in the middle of nowhere and people would still stop by and ask what I was working on!! The worst case scenario came true when some guy got a local towing company to come out & tried to lift a friends vette out of the building.

13. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

my hats off to ya pal. keep up the good work!

14. Ricky B

Ricky B

Cool Thread..........

Nice Nova you have, & a cool collection of pinball games.

15. HopFrog

HopFrog
    from no where

my cool garage pics will be posted in about a year lol. right now i am suffering with workin outside in the heat. when we bought this place, the original owners had a greenware shop with a kiln in there and an insulated room. the old door doesnt open and there are two long rooms, side by side, with a wall down the middle. they put a house entry door in the side. the nice thing is that the shop is wired for 230VAC. my sanborne compressor is 230 and more is to come. i have a little ol' 1350 BTU AC to keep things cool on a overheated day. so i can move small projects into the workbench out of the driveway.

i am in the process of removing all but 5 ft. of the wall and send it to the left side so i end up with a little storage room for seasonal garb (Christmas & Camping etc). i want to open the ceiling in one side and the other side will be loft storage. the short side will be long enough to accommodate the t-bucket. it will be nice to have a real roll up door and pull a car in to work on it.

i have an old patio roof attached to the side i have put a corrugated steel roof on. it's being insulated and then walls are going up. i will then have a room 14X25 for a wood/machine shop. yeah i know, that's a recipe for gooey pulp all over everything lol. but at least it will be a full shop with machines on wheels to push around as needed and no cars aloud! to pull engines i have an I-beam for a hoist trolly that will go just outside the patio wall so i can trolly engines into the shop. finely i will have a retreat to sit in with friends having an evening brew and wrenchin on rides.

16. Nice thread Brian.
    Mine isnt as tidy as some, but its mine and im happy.

[​IMG]

17. aus50ford

aus50ford
    from land of oz

might not be cool (yet) but it's mine - except for the bit the good lady wife and daughter have taken over .......

[​IMG]

18. I love that picture. If you did some editing it would look just like it was taken in the '40's. That is real hot rodding man, I love it. I have never been fortunate enough to have a garage and every car I ever worked on was all done outside. I know exactly what it's like.

19. Garage???haha Im lucky that I have a shade!

20. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Nice Garage, Like the doors. Keep us posted with new pic's.

21. xlr8er

xlr8er

I'll throw my 2 cents in... Here's a picture of my garage circa about 2005. I too, feel blessed that I have been able to be a small part of the car hobby. This is about 2/3 of the garage. It measures 60 x 41....

Attached Files:

22. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

For twenty years I worked in an old cow milking barn with uneven floors and no heat but was happy as hell to have the room.

Now I bitch `cause I run out of room when doing a project.

Thanks Brian for reminding us how fortunate most of us are.

And Oldsboy. I remember when I was young and dumb changing starters on my Firebird in a snow drift out in the street to get to work.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      498.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      515.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      413.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      474.6 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      431 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      447.4 KB
      Views:
  23. 59Custom300

59Custom300

After 20 years of wanting one, I finally built my dream garage. I feel very fortunate that I was able to make the dream come true. She ain't much, a big o' pole building, but she's mine. Future improvements as money permits. The artwork is a lifelong collection of stuff and some of my own work. Here's a few views of it:

Attached Files:

24. Well, Kiwijeff is showin the growin, so I have to support this one. Just a fun pic in my shop.

[​IMG]

25. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

When I see threads like these I awlays wonder what the owners of the big buck garages do for a living. I see shops with more $$ in decorations than I make in a year.

26. RatRoy

RatRoy

I love mine....:):):)

Attached Files:

27. brokeassbuilder

brokeassbuilder
    from delta

when i went lookin fer a house two years back i said it had to fit a couple cars atleast which is quite rare in these parts but search and ye shall find !!! great thread cool to see im not the only crazy car guy outhere![​IMG]

28. 2002p51

2002p51

Here's ours a couple yeas ago, before we got the Mercury.

[​IMG]

Then things started to get a little cramped. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then over the winter, while I was working on the Falcon, the O/T Mustang had to live outside for a few weeks.

[​IMG]

It's not as nice as a lot of what others are posting, but better than some and I've got no complaints. :)

29. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Here's my little old pole barn garage where I spend a lot of my time hiding from the old lady....:p

Attached Files:

30. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Oh crap! Clicked on the wrong pic. Try again for inside...:(

Attached Files: