Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. True till Death

True till Death

153 in my buddys subaru legacy gt limited wagon. 160 speedo

2. My son did 198.6 in the salt and got ejected for going past 150 as a first time driver. He said it was worth getting banned for the rest of the year since he'll most likely never get the chance again .

3. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

193 as the motor beat itself to death in our bellytank, vibration was so bad I couldn't see too well and had the steering quartered just to keep it straight.......woeful, it was the best fun I've ever had.

4. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

I wasn't at the yoke of the B737. BUT I was at the yoke of a Piper Twin Comanche doin 165mph at 7500 feet. Not quite the same as doin' it on the ground.

5. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

158 mph on a 1985 GPX900 "Ninja" motorcycle, far from stock. The bike started shaking pretty bad so I back out of it. Somewhere over 130 mph in a 87' Fiero GT, 2.8 MPI, 5 speed. The officer was kind of cool about it after he ripped me a new a**! He asked if I knew how fast I was going and I replied that the speedo stopped at 120 and then I shifted to 5th gear. He clocked me at 127mph and then at 83mph 2 seconds later.(yep, I was already on the brakes when he clocked me the first time!) Who knew that a radar detector was no good at that speed!
    Over 130 in Dad's Corvette, I hope he don't read this post! (It was 18 years ago!)
    I try not to do excessive speed anymore. I could have built a nice 32' with all the money I spent in tickets and lawyers fees!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. It was in my old 95 Mustang GT when I was younger. Heads/Cam/Intake/Nitrous, full suspension, all the goodies. I put a set of 96 tail lights on it just to mess with people. 96 was the first year for the 4.6, and it was known to be a dog of a pig and there really were not any quick ones around. So the uninitiated, it looked like a shit slow 96 GT.
    It was when the little SRT-4 Neon first came out. Some older guy with what had to be his grandson (!) in the car went out of his way to turn around on a 4 lane road to come get some. Well it was a dead straight patch of road for a couple miles, so I let him get around and catch up to me. I hit the remote opener on the bottle and waited on him. We're rolling, and as soon as he got next to me, I nailed it in 3rd at about 40mph, spun the drag radials, kicked the ass end out a little, gently brought it back and proceeded to lay one of the most epic ass-whippings of all time on this hapless guy. I pulled this guy like he got yanked backwards. When I finally looked down at the speedo, it was buried past 150 (speedo went to 150), so I have no idea how fast I was going. I was actually shocked I was going that fast and let out of it. I looked in the rearview and the Neon was at least a football field back. When we finally caught a light, he looked over and said "Jesus, what do you have in that thing?" I said "Not enough." He laughed and when the light went green, he eased out like he was going to church.

This very same car I used to loan to a buddy who had a built GSXR750. It would do 10.0 with a 250 pound rider, so it was quick. He'd take my car, I'd take his bike. We had a mutual understanding: Have fun, but if you break it, you fix it. Well I had his bike up to 155 on a lonely stretch, laying down on the tank. I started to feel "the shake", and got out of it. I knew full well what would happen if I lost it at that speed, but I did it anyway. Being a stupid kid makes you think you need to do things like that for whatever reason.

Neither instances were smart and I definitely wouldn't attempt them now on a public road or without the proper safety gear. We were all young and dumb once. I learned to slow down when I wrecked that Mustang racing on a backroad. I totaled the car, but my to-be wife and I walked away without a scratch. I got the message.

7. TatMatt

TatMatt

162.202mph on my race bike at El Mirage on Sat, my personal best.
    125mph in a Camaro Z28 on the way to Palm Springs in the mid '80's.
    93mph on a 1948 BSA 500 with a sidecar, also at El Mirage.

8. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

105 in my cousin's 1981 Trans Am. Thats the only thing I've driven thats got the grapes to go that fast.

9. Kramer

Kramer

120 and still climbing in my 66 mustang when I had to back out of it for a corner coming up. It was on OR26 somewhere south of Mt Hood. Can't remember if the 302 or the 289 was in it at the time. The 302 was stock except for the Holley four and headers. The 289 had a moderate cam in it with same Holley and headers. Would love to have that car again.

10. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

150 in the wifes 07 vette.
    It still had plenty more but the road was not smooth enough to push it any farther.

11. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

125 in my moms honda when I was in high school.

Don't tell her that, she would be pissed.

12. blt4spd

blt4spd

110+ Mph with my 67 Camaro. Reached scary speed with my 64 Galaxie. It had a out-of-tune 390, shitty suspension and non-working speedo. It was hard to keep her on one lane. Almost reached 70 mph, I guess.

This reminds me one night for about 20 years ago. I was a designated driver in my friend´s 60 Buick. We were along with the other guys in a cruising night in town nearby our home. Me driving the Buick and other guys were riding with 57 Chevy and 65 Chevy 2 and were heading our hometown. As you might know, my country is located so north, that sun doesn´t exactly set at all during the summer, so it was warm and light night. And a quiet open highway ahead of us, after all it was weekend and very much after the bars´ closing time.
    We were driving like hell chasing each other. The Buick´s speedo showed only red tape all the way. When we were approaching our home town, we knew the area, where local highway patrol units usually sets their speed traps, so we slowed down long before the 100 kph(60mph) speed limit was turning to 80kph and finally to 60kph( 37mph) speedlimit zone. Right after that we were passed by a young guy with a BMW at very high speed. We realized that he must have been following us all the way and now he had a chance to pass us by. It was not suprising to see blue lights flashing on a top of the patrol unit at the next intersection. I always remember that Bimmer-guy´s face when we drove by.<label for="rb_iconid_6">[​IMG]</label>

13. 41GASSER

41GASSER

I was in my friends 68 camaro in high school. It had a big block, crazy compression, solid lifters and gears that allowed seemingly endless speed. He was a terrible driver and wanted to scare me by doing about 105 mph in the 25 mph zone street in front of our high school during lunch. I felt the blood leave my face, panic set in and I dug my fingers into the seat and screamed slow the &%@ down repeatedly . Thought I was gonna die for sure. Been faster in later years but never so fast in such a crazy unsafe enviorment. I got even with him. Nuff said

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I did 5 MPH on my John Deere 318 tonight, cut that grass like a bad ass! :D

15. Update! The kid sold off the porsche and bought a blown, 6 speed ZO-6..We took it to the Texas mile last March and I stabbed it to a 179.000 flat standing mile...fun part was getting whoed down to make the return road turn-off.
    He ran a 179.6...we just couldn't get it to go 180.

Attached Files:

16. About 120 in a alcohol injected LS7 454 Vega I near crapped my pants and I could see a thing from the fumes, oh ya I was the Passenger !! Rob

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We had this exact topic brought up on another forum I am on a few years ago and we were posting things like "I've gone 120" or "I've gone 150", etc. Then one of the members who makes a very good living put it into perspective that there will always be someone faster than you. He said "The fastest I have ever been was 220 in Spain in my Mc Laren with the air conditioning on." :eek::D And here I thought I was big s*** that I had once driven my GTO past the 120 mark on the speedometer. :eek:

Don

18. wisdonm

wisdonm

M1.2 in the air
    190 mph on the track
    160 mph on the road
    80 mph on water
    70 on snow

19. GH

GH

I drove my #787 Studebaker 248 MPH in 2009, still hold the record in AA/BGALT @ 240.9 MPH, what a hoot.

20. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Barstool to bed in less than an hour. I charmed the heck out of her......

21. Went 68mph on a motorised barstool met a semi n got caught in his wind n barrel rolled it n broke my shoulder! Aint life a bitch woulda made a great video!

22. el shad

el shad

This reads like a 12 year old girl texting. I would razz you a little more but the truth is I love nothing more in this world than a fast camel toe.

23. Greasyman

Greasyman

Driving my 2002 bugeye WRX wagon across the desert, I was doing about 127 and slowly gaining speed, when it began to make to make a loud screeching sound. I couldn't tell where the sound was coming from, but I imagined a dry front wheel bearing beginning to glow red before flaming and breaking, the front wheel bouncing off towards the horizon, immediately followed by the car digging the spindle into the ground, which would cause the car to flip and tumble across the desert in a grotesque dance of death. I backed off, and found out later the sound was normal, caused by the side view mirrors. I thought 127 was pretty good for a stock station wagon though, did it really smooth too.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  24. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

118 in a pont grand am v-6 at bonneville salt flats till the govenor kicked off the ignition . also did the same on return run. So , the question is does that make it an official record (for a rental car right ofF the lot) back in 97 ??

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  25. nexxussian

nexxussian

Sadly no, Freud has that beat, in a Northstar powered Caddy rental, in reverse. :eek:

Don't know Freud?

He's the guy that made a run in the 70s on a bike, naked, because he claimed the leathers were too bulky and caused too much drag, got the record as I understand it.

Don't feel bad, you didn't have a chance. ;)

26. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

164 = 71 camaro 454 that's 1/4 mile speed
    172 = 2004 z06 vette
    160 = 1966 427425 corvette

27. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

I had a '93 dodge stealth with a 4-banger and twin turbos when I was in college and the speedo wentt to 165....I hit 163 in it one night with a buddy in the passenger seat and a nearly empty 18 pack of beer on his floorboard on our way out to the farm! Theres a straight stretch of road about 10 miles long on the way out there with small hills and it took almost all 10 miles to get it that fast. I just kept my foot in it the whole way and every time we'd come down the backside of one of them little hills it would go a few more mph faster and I think if there woulda been one more little hill before i had to start shutting 'er down, i'd a buried it. Thank heavens a daggone deer didn't decide to jump out of the ditch or we'd have ate it, literally....

The stupid shit we do when we're young eh? That summer I managed to rack up 28 points on my driving record, and at 30 points they take away your license for a few years around here. I actually got the ticket that would have put me at 31 points, but wouldn't ya know it happened 1/4 mile inside the Golden Valley County line, and I HAPPENED to go to school with the Justice of the Peace's son, and the night I got that ticket I called her at home and begged and pleaded with her to help me outta my mess. I just about cried tears of relief when she said "well Chris, i'll tell you what....i'll coincidentally "lose" the paperwork on this ticket, but if I EVER hear about you speeding again, i'm gonna give you this ticket and give you the maximum penalty I can give you." If it woulda happened on the other side of the county line in Yellowstone County, i'd have been thumbin' it for a looong time!

I was a scared little man, and she knew it! So I drove like a civilized human being from then on. I've only had 1 other speeding since then. (knock on wood)

28. doncarson

doncarson

140mph Friday night driving over to a cruise night in my 09 Challenger w/ a Techco supercharger.... I keep running out of road...and have to back off....
    Yeah, I'm crazy.... Oh and 61 yrs old..
    I love going fast! ( The chally does have a 5pt harness..

Attached Files:

29. 38Fish

38Fish

155ish @ Willowsrings big track on a 98 VTR1000 Superhawk. Car....120 or so in a 72 Buick Skylark.

30. Lets see I just did a 13.50 at 102 in my Sunbeam Tiger