Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How do you install (wire) a preasure switch on a air bag suspension system

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55kustomzombie, Jul 26, 2011.

1. 55kustomzombie

55kustomzombie

Hi guys and gals,

Im trying to find a write up or info on how to wire a preassure switch on a air bag suspension. I know switch goes on tank and then wired to compressors. But i dont know how.

Can someone tell me in detail how to do this, or direct me somewhere.

thanks a million

2. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Install the switch in to the tank, then hook up the hot wire to one side of the switch, the other side goes to the motor hot side. I would put a switch in line also so you can turn it off if setting for a while. They all bleed down and it would run the battery down

3. 55kustomzombie

55kustomzombie

Now would one switch work for 2 compressors, or do i need to run a switch per compressor.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but im new to this.

thanks

4. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

single switch will work 2 compressors as long as they are plumbed into the same tank.

also the switch doesnt have to go into the tank, as long as its plumbed iinto the system on the high side.

[​IMG]

6. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

This will help you out. Note that this is for Air Zenith compressors that pull a lot of amps.
    Yours may not pull that much but it never hurts to go larger than whats needed.

Attached Files:

7. 55kustomzombie

55kustomzombie

thanks a lot guys!!!