Register now to get rid of these ads!

guess it was my turn to get burned by a guy on craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bungle, Jul 25, 2011.

1. billthx138

billthx138

So....were you happy with the trade???

2. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

You ever watch the movie "A Bronx Tale"? There is a great scene that explains how fortunate you are.

3. Probably is his house phone. The one you have is a cell phone number

4. big creep

big creep

it was also good for finding horny married and single woman too;), in the early days of craigslist was awesome! now its a huge pile of caca! awww the good old days!

5. RPM

RPM

Post his phone # here so we can all give him a call.

6. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I personaly would pay $50 bucks just to keep an asshole like that away from me. Considerate a good investment ...........

7. Its the principle of the $50, I'd do the same, it's sort of fun screwing with people that think they screwed you. I had an ebayer that screwed me for $70. Lets just say, I finally got my item but she dealt with the wrath of the Rabid Whippet!!! Even the cops got involved in my little " fuck with me and I'll fuck with you " game. I spent a bit of time doing it but after I was done, I gave her 48 hours to have my cash or my item on my door or I am pulling the trigger and letting the dogs loose. I got my item in 48 hours and it cost her $50 in shipping instead of like $15 because of the 2 day guaranteed delivery fee. I told her I would spend $1,000s to teach her a lesson if I had to. It was all bluffing but after I was done, she was gone from ebay, pay pal, and the others that she ripped off all got their stuff after I told them what I did. I would still be screwing with her to this day if she didn't pony up. Google was my friend for 3 weeks, I knew her friends, family, where she graduated, when she graduated, the color of her house, where she was born, when she was married, when she was divorced, her employment, what car she drove, the chief of police a block from her house, the mayor and his fraud department that I actually made up, but how would she ever know, etc. LOL!! I had alot of fun. I wish I'd have kept the emails between us with my fake Lawyers and all the other made up game player!! LOL!! She must have thought she was going to be hung or jailed for life!! . Oh what fun!!!
    Again, it was just the principle

8. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Loose cannons fire at anytime...walk away and consider it a hard but cheap lesson!:(

9. Ebert

Ebert

I guess since the deal was bungled, you are changing your HAMB handle???? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

PS I would chase his ass, too. I personally can't take getting screwed by someone who deliberately screws me and thinks I don't give a crap.

10. I'd rather be the cannon than the target.
    Go get em tiger!!

11. Exactly! And this is why there are so many scammers. People just give in too easy.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  12. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Walk away. You're richer without the stress.

dka

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Considering people have been killed answering craigslist adds.... You got off lightly.

14. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

right-on brother
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

15. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i would put your ad up on craigslist warning others.

16. Amy Whinehouse died, maybe it's time for this thread to join her. Sue the guy or move on, but if your time is money I would imagine you'll have more than $50 involved in suing him even if you only figure your time is worth minimum wage.

17. And then those people screw people like you because you are all lemmings and just follow the herd. Even if it takes some of your time, at least you get the satisfaction that he didn't screw you. If everyone did it instead of letting these guys just take $50 from you, then maybe they would find a harder way to get $50 like maybe actually working for a living. Just my opinion.

18. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

At least fifty dollars worth of internet time has been used up in this thread. Move on, lesson learned.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I was going to mention exactly that yesterday, a kid in Michigan was just selling a phone on CL..the "buyer" came to his house and gunned him down on his own front porch last winter..Fuck Craigslist
    Pretty bad when you have to have back up to sell something to the public

20. Craig's list isn't the problem just as firearms aren't the problem. The people (turds) that miss use them are! I'd hound the sons a bitch 'till he changes his name and moves to a different country or gives me the 50 back!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  21. Redbeard101

Redbeard101

It doesn't matter if its 50.00 or 500.00..The kid is a rip off..Its the princple..Now if he rips off 10 people a week for 50 bucks..thats nice payday..I would personally take him to court,place my own ads on Craigslist warning people..make his life miserable..Get a Friend to call him on his phone so he will answer..Just worry him like a dog with a bone...But then most people think I'm an azzhole anyway..A Mans word still means everything to me..

22. greazy john

greazy john

why is there 5 pages on this?????

23. 'Cause people like you read it and quote or reply.

24. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Not worth the band width.

25. 95stepside

95stepside
    from iowa

im going to be in a wheelcair for the rest of my life, and im still pissed that this asshole took him for $50...

26. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Sucks, man. But at least it was just $50....less than a parking ticket. Look at it this way, I just got screwed out of $650 on a bad frame by a FELLOW HAMB'er and there's not jack squat that can be done....apparently he has a history, unbeknownst but to the masses on here he's screwed.

Take heart, the anger will pass. Perhaps someday you'll see him get what he deserves.

27. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Out Him! We'll tie his shoe laces together and send him a swimmin.

28. Let's see... The thread I read just before this one, the gentleman there has just learned he has cancer. Kind of puts this $50 incident in perspective, doesn't it? Ravenhead ........................................................................................................................... Talk about comparing apples and oranges! Hundreds or thousands of people are gonna die of starvation today, that kinda puts one person having cancer( that may or may not be treatable)in perspective,doesn't it?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  29. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

tuition to the school of hard knocks! we've all been f---ed over at least once! for some of us that was enough! are you a quick learner or slow?

30. sololobo

sololobo

Well bro, time to quit crying in your beer and move on. You are not the first or last. $50.00 lesson man. ~sololobo~