Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I've been dying for 6+ years, hang in there it only wins if you allow it to win.

2. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Aspertame (artifical sweetener) in 2 molecules short of being milk carton plastic! get it out of your diet!!

3. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

I agree......positive mind and attitude works miracles

Grommet

4. brady1929

brady1929

May god bless you and your family

5. Forgot to tell ya about my grandma. She's fought cancer for 40+ years. Thyroid, throat, skin and breast. Her last bout was 3 years ago. She'll be 93 in August. Still full of fire, has a veggie garden she takes care of, donates time at the church, plays Bingo every Friday night and drives (only during daylight) her cherry '77 Caprice around she bought new.

48flthdf1.. I went to your profile hoping to see a photo of your F1. Looks like it's a pretty complete and solid truck with the exception of the passenger headlight thing.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6789198", true); </SCRIPT>

6. vein

vein

its okay to let of some frustration! we are listening!

7. Woodildo

Woodildo
    from Mn.

Six years ago, it was found that I have two forms of cancer. So far all is well. I finished the honey-do-list and and about half done with my '51 truck. The first year is hell, you don't know whats up next.

8. Butch M

Butch M

Stay positive you are in our prayers hang in there ......

9. ravedodger

ravedodger

I'm sorry to read about your news. I can't say much that hasn't already been said except you have a lot of support here in the HAMB. You guys all rock.

10. Cancer is sometimes the tool that produces perseverance, character, and hope in the Lord&#8230; if your already a child of His hope in Him and let your buddies on here pray to our Father alongside you&#8230;God Bless you my friend

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Do just what "Hozem" said to do. Don't be negative, keep it only positive and try to enjoy each and every day you are given as a true and valuable gift.

Dave and Bernice Austin
    :)

12. bobbyb

bobbyb
    from ohio

I am recovering from eye socket cancer. Last surgery was 9 weeks ago. Been fighting it since Dec. 2009. I am finishing my rod and things are looking good so far. Bottom line is build your car, it will be the best theropy you can have. You have to do something to keep your mind busy. If I would not have had my car to work on, I would have worried myself to death. Be positive and pray....it works....I know!!! Good luck my friend.

13. <SUP id=en-NIV-25466 class=versenum>Luke 12: 6-8 </SUP>
    <SUP class=versenum>6</SUP> Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. <SUP id=en-NIV-25467 class=versenum>7</SUP> Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don&#8217;t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. <SUP id=en-NIV-25468 class=versenum>8</SUP> &#8220;I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.

Everyone has a time bro. Take your medicines, be respectful of the doctors opinions but know that's all they are.

Do what you can. Enjoy what you can. You may have more time than you realize.

God bless...

14. I am a suvivor you can be one too. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!

15. banditomerc

banditomerc

You never know what life will throw at you.live everyday to the fullest.

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God Bless ya Bro,

Keep the faith ..

Prayers to ya !

17. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

sorry to hear that. keeping you in our thoughts and prayers

18. 117harv

117harv

I have never really been a fan of the sun, and especially not now. It took my brother almost ten years ago. He lived 8 years with it, and his diet was a major part of his living longer, that and attitude....never give up.

We have all seen what the sun does to everything around us, PLEASE, everyone cover up, and if you can't, use sunscreen. Prayers sent.

19. customcory

customcory

Cancer can light a fire under your ass. I survived so far , cancer free right now, and I am doing my cars with no money and a lot of help from my family. I felt the same way you did, but I didn't give up, even though I wanted too many times. I'm glad I made it through to the other side, because some good stuff was waiting there for me, and you people on HAMB made it a lot better. You've got some friends on here.:D

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

WELL SAID....
    My wife is a cancer survivor....it is not easy , but as stated in these modern times, it CAN be beat...and is many time.
    Don't be afraid to lean on your friends either...
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hang in there man.
    Bob

21. This is where I'm at....Consider all the times and people who wanted to talk to you about Jesus in your past, and maybe you weren't that interested. It's amazing what a little cancer can accomplish when you realize that your next breath is dependent upon the One who gave you the last one. There are many of us here who can walk you through the real issues of life and death if you have a mind to listen. May God show you much grace (undeserved favor), like He has in many of us....Centurion9

22. chubbie

chubbie

2 years cancer free. hang in there none of us know whats ahead.

I started a thread 2 years ago asking HAMBers over 50 to get checked for prostate cancer. If you live long enofe you will get it! IT GOT DELETED!

23. druids62

druids62

I read through this complete post and didn't think I could add anything more positive than anything that hasn't been already said, so I moved on. I returned only to say that i lost my father in 1993. He wasn't an overly religous person but he told me that he found the words on a poster I had left behind when I moved out a strong drive in his fight. He recited the words to himself every morning. Isaiah 40:31. I wish you all the best and please keep us up to date.

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is not much I can add to the words already written here, except to say I can understand how you are feeling pretty low and scared right now. I had a couple of heart attacks 23 years ago and although I survived it I felt my life was over, like I was a dying old man. But here I am, all these years later and I now take every day as a gift. It is a real wakeup call when you are lying on the operating table and the Dr says he will "do his best to save you !"

Please do all you can to fight this terrible disease. If you haven't gotten one, get a second opinion. I keep seeing good things about the Cancer Treatment Centers of America having a very good success rate when others have given up. Every day more and more people are beating it, please be one of them.

It is ok and perfectly normal to feel bad about yourself right now, but make some calls and do some research and keep your spirits as high as possible. You see from the outpouring from your friends on here that we do care and want to know how you are doing. Please keep us posted.

Don

25. forty1

forty1

sorry to read your post,..- but never give in, try as you might.
    Everyone has their own story,
    Myself ,Prostate cancer & the seed treatment--now one year, 'cancer free' what ever that can mean. BUT I'll Take it.. selling my 41 chevy 1/2 ton to slow down those Dr. bill$ some.
    as others have said,..Speak with your Oncologist and determine a plan of attack.
    I'll donate some finished photography or art to help with your expenses if needed.
    -41-

26. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

I am a PC survivor, 36 mo checkup in sept. As was mentioned before by other survivors if you want to talk vent etc. I am here! I believe I can speak for all us and say the announcement of YOU HAVE CANCER will buckle all but the hearing impaired. After we get beyond that initial jab you declare war on it and win! Depending on the type, the next best thing you do is to try to learn as much as you can about it so you can make informed decisions. Don't be afraid to ASK questions , voice concerns and fears. Talk w/ survivors call ACS(American Cancer Society) to get info,arm yourself with as much info as you can get. War is hell you can cower in your foxhole or fit the enemy, your choice! We are here if you need us!

27. Puddin Head

Puddin Head
    from Mason, Oh

I only had a 30% chance of surviving 5 years. Well its been 12 years now. It's been said stay positive. When I walked out of the Docs office I yelled fuck at the top of my lungs and almost cried, but then I decided I was going to beat this and have been clean all this time. The worst part was trying to get everyone to treat you normal again, but you will never be normal again. I don't let shit bother me anymore and I sure as hell enjoy everything more. Hang in there and talk about it to anyone if you need to.

28. My wife Jeanne (Kellys Hot Rod parts) beat ovarian cancer 15 years ago. She now has a non cancerious tumor on her brain stem and it has been a real challenge to overcome costing here her career and her ability to drive etc. yet daily she amazes me with her alility to cope with these problems... All I can say is fight the fight !never give up you may be surprized at what your body can accomplish!! Cancer is no longer a death sentence..............

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  29. fbama73

fbama73

Count me in the 90% that prayed for you before responding.

And don't apologize about venting- if you can't vent to us, we're not much good as friends, are we?

Keep the attitude up and fight, fight, fight.

30. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Prayers and well wishes from Ks. I am proud to be a member here. Lippy