Register now to get rid of these ads!

draw backs on building a 1929 4dr leather back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silversink, Jul 25, 2011.

1. silversink

silversink

Give me the works--I have found a leatheback 29 that has been in storeage since the 40s. The guy says( I haven't seen it yet in person only pictures) its in great shape and wants a deposit to hold it as it is 350 miles away and I'm not able to get away for a week.
    Has anyone done one, and how did it turn out? I'm just sick I can't get away any sooner to see the car.
    Oh by the way he wants 1000.00 deposit half refundable.:eek:

2. F&J

F&J

ok, no way I would do that deposit, unless tthere were lots of pics to prove it is as nice as YOU think it should be for whatever final price it is.

So, if it looks unreal condition for the money, and you can't get there, then you take a gamble either way.

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I would pass if you want to make a hot rod out of it.. Might be OK to restore but don't see many rodded........

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. millersgarage

millersgarage

do it!

the leatherback will just give it even more distinction from the crowd. Take it from me, I have a Special Coupe (aka leatherback coupe)

nothing to be afraid of

5. REM/Mo

REM/Mo
    from Missouri

Totaly wood frame structure including the sub frame rails.
    Really unusual to find one with any kind of decent wood in it and a huge job to replace it all as well as big $$$.
    You could replace it all with tubing but still a huge undertaking.