Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out my new project, what would you change?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Jul 24, 2011.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Thanks for all the response and ideas. I am going to do the skirts and lakes for sure. Will do fenton manifolds and dual carbs when the budget allows. I have a full pressure 235 from my 53 parts car. May go that route. Not sure yet, thinking definetely some subtle striping. Not much beyond those mods, I will leave it period correct, bias plys and all. I love the look and it really is a time capsule, so why mess with it, it is already the real deal. I guess leave well enough alone.

2. That sounds like a good idea to me too. Plus the pipes and skirts

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

3. ratfink56

ratfink56

get it out of the driveway and onto the highway

4. sgnova72

sgnova72

Leave it as is, and just drive the heck out of it. Looks great

5. ronk16

ronk16

I would change the title into my name.................I WANT THAT....

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

the title..ahh i see its already been said..:)

than I'll say , nice..leave it alone:cool:

7. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

send me that fugly visor!

8. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

What he said ,and then drive the shit out of it.:D

9. ravedodger

ravedodger

I'd fix the tail lights, then drive it.

10. PLEASE! Do Not Chop It! Everything else is fair game.....Unless you are a lemming...Chopping everything like everybody else is not original or Traditional...it's just doing what everyone else does...How interesting is that? You have a beautiful car...don't throw it away....If it was mine, I'd sell off the visor and get it a little closer to the ground (NO BAGS!).......Centurion9

11. GREASER815

GREASER815

I really like the stance as it is. Not sure if I am weird, or not. Alot of the Period cars I see sit no lower than mine does. It is stock in the front and down 4" in the rear. I will NEVER chop this car as it is too nice to ever be cut on. I also will never install bags. I do not believe in cutting a car to pieces just to get a look when it is parked. Never has made any sense to me. I may consider fenched headlights, thinking 49-50 Olds tail lights, and may nose, deck and shave it. I have a spare hood to play with, and you never know, could always go back to original. I am looking for a set of overlay merc style skirts, I love the look of them. Other than that just enjoying it right now the way it is.

12. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

id bag it with a nice stance (not layin frame) & add skirts

13. riskybiz

riskybiz

If it were mine I would put a gm visor on add a front bumper grille guard, Front and back bumper wing tips. Put the skirts on, lower the front. Add dual straight pipes, dual carbs. Install a t-5 to help the six cruise better on freeway. I do like the color combo, add some pin striping. Drive and enjoy it. Oh Man I just described the 50 fleetline parked in my garage.:D

14. ScottV

ScottV

Ummm .... the name on the title to MINE !!!!

15. slammed

slammed

Glaze the paint for 2 days, bury it in wax like 5 coats. Preserve the car. Chop/cut on a roach/rusty one.