Register now to get rid of these ads!

Englishtown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelsup56, Jul 14, 2011.

1. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

Lots of gassers and funny cars, hot rods!

Attached Files:

2. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Well that sure was fun !!! Tons of very cool cars and I met Jungle Pam !!! Funny Cars, Altereds, Gassers, Super Stocks. A car show and a cool bar with bands. Nice day for sure

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

I just got back. This was the best event they put on in the last 5 years. The weather was tolerable for once and only about 10 minutes of rain near the end of the day. Hundreds of great race cars. Very few delays with oil and parts on the track.

Our gang won the "best back-up girl" for funny cars and the "Jungle Jim Showmanship award" for doing what we do best, long burnouts, good laps and consistancy.

Congrats to Walter Fry for putting this event together and getting it done.

5. brewster55

brewster55

crap.

i always find out about these too late.

6. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I was there with our 63-1/2 Galaxie and WON ECNSSA class!!..As usual an awesome event put on by the whole Racewaypark Staff..

Attached Files:

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does anyone have pictures??
    Did they run this event on Saturday? Heard that it was cancelled because of the heat.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  8. Great event and gets better each year. Hats off to the flopper guys and girls, gasser guys and Nostalgia Super Stockers and all that braved the heat and ran the asses off their cars.

9. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

You go George, sorry I missed this one!!!

10. It was a great day at the track yesterday. The weather was "tolerable" as frank said. Plenty, plenty of great cars and lots of action all day. There was very minimal down-time from oil/debris on the track. 'Sorry my friend Percy injured the motor in his SS/AH 'Cuda and couldn't continue (lost oil pressure) after running a 9.18, that car flies. The gassers, altereds, nostalgia SS cars are a real treat. On the down side, each year the turn-out at the car show gets smaller, tho the real car show is in the pits. Like I said, it was a great day at E-town, except for the $20 spectator admission charge.

11. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Saturday's racing activities had to be cancelled due to the oppressive heat... However, come Sunday, the weather was still hot, but not as crazy as Saturday, so the event was able to happen... I had a good time... And yes, congrats are definitely in order for Walter Frey and the entire E-Town staff for making it all work so well... The "422 All Stars" S/S circuit were a big hit, as were the East Coast Gassers, Funny Cars, and N.E.T.O. car club... It really was a great time for all... I give my take of the event in today's and yesterday's blog-- I put a link to it below...

Read about it in my blog... Here's the link...
    http://www.dragracingunderground.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=27

12. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Hey wheelsup, I saw your car yesterday! I got to get a close look in pit lane, it's really nice! I had my 56 there too, in the parking lot :(

13. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

14. well deserved!!

15. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Also worth noting, a fact I forgot to mention in my previous post, while I was sitting in the Drag Racing Underground tent, I saw some feller walk by wearing a H.A.M.B. shirt...

my daily blog... E-TOWN NOSTALGIA SUMMERNATIONALS...
    http://www.dragracingunderground.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=27

Thanks to all the racers who braved the heat...
    [​IMG]
    ... and suited-up in their hot firesuits for the E-TOWN NOSTALGIA SUMMERNATIONALS

16. onelowc10

onelowc10

I raced the opel there yesterday,black car,fire jacket,helmet,gloves and no window to roll down but still had a good time and now understand why i dont race in the summer!

17. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

That was me wearing the Shirt !!

18. this show and the jalopy show down and show down drags are my must go to shows I had a blast!!! -it was good bumping into gaspumper -he is one of those (for give the phrase frank) old timers you can talk to for hours!!

19. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Oh, that was you... O.K... Glad you had the opportunity to meet "Jungle" Pam, shes' a classy gal-- She's a nice person and very approachable, she definitely appreciates the fans... The bar and bands didn't receive that much attention from the crowd, but from what I could hear from sitting at the Drag Racing Underground tent, the bands were pretty good-- More folks should have checked 'em out...

20. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks D..More pics

Attached Files:

21. gas pumper

gas pumper

Attached Files:

22. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Found this by the vendors:

[​IMG]

23. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Yeah, that beauty was parked right next to my Drag Racing Underground pit tent... I had an up close and personal view of it... The tastefully tinted glass and overall appearance got the attention of many folks throughout the day... Probably the sharpest ride on the property of its genre...

my daily blog... Discusses the NOSTALGIA SUMMERNATIONALS event...
    http://www.dragracingunderground.com/~dragrac/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=27

24. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Nice chatting with you Charlie .....Geoff

25. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.