Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac '49 driveshaft to TH200-4R adapter u-joint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lohari, Jul 21, 2011.

1. lohari

lohari
    from Finland

Is there a company making adapter u-joints that would adapt GM Yoke to a '49 Pontiac driveshaft?

Just trying to avoid butchering & welding GM driveshaft & Pontiac driveshaft together. I will propably change to 10-bolt later but first i'll use the stock rear.

I am just installing the 292+th200-4R and the original driveshaft seems to be about the correct length.

2. Best bet is to take the specs from both and search via a manufacturer's website or Napa or similar, then see what you have to do to get one to Finland.

3. lohari

lohari
    from Finland

Thanks for the tip.

I have tried that and seems to be that I'll have to go the butchering route.

Pontiac u-joint measures 2.339 " between the yoke ears and the bearing outside diameter is 1". I have a spare yoke already for the 200-4R and it measures 2.563" between the ears and the bearing diameter is 1.125 ".

No luck this far to find such a conversion u-joint so I think I'll just order a weld yoke for the Pontiac driveshaft.