Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know what year this heater is?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GothInA28Tudor, Jul 18, 2011.

1. It's a Eureka, and has a honeycomb core....
    It's style is reminiscent of other models I have seen from mid '30's to early '40's, but I was hoping one of the guru's on here might be able to narrow it down a little...
    I couldn't find any info on the interwebs on it, or Eureka car heaters in general.
    Thanks!!

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      7.5 KB
      Views:
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
  2. The reason I ask is my project is a pre-war banger...
    would this heater fall into that era?
    I suspect that it does, but would like some confirmation on that.

3. It is certainly pre war. Post war heaters were typically just a box with a door or two. Yours has a little more shape, style, and detail.

JH

4. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

kinda remind me of a ADD-ON for 40's farm equipment,i had one for a 40's international it was little different than yours, killer either way.

5. Thank's for the response guys...
    After the little bit of research I did on the subject, I found that there were possibly dozens of different makes of heaters available in those days as aftermarket add-ons and the documentation (or pics even) were nigh-on non existent....

My hope was the off chance someone on here owns/ed one, or seen one, and could inform me a little bit about it.

Realistically, all I needed to know (and already suspected) was if it is somewhat period correct, which apparently it is.
    I will remain interested in any further info anyone can offer up.
    Thank's again friends!

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I fell in love with these type of aftermarket heaters about 40 years ago when every flea market had several to choose from. I bought one just because I found a small hand written invoice wrapped around one of the tubes and slid down inside. I pulled it out and it said... repair core leaks and replace fan motor...$9.50 ttl.

[​IMG]

My favorite.

7. janbuick

janbuick

I have one too
    airflow de luxe
    I also like to know what year

[​IMG]

8. Those are definitely cool....that one looks like a ufo, and the Airflow looks like a kitchen appliance from the '50's, lol.
    Doubt very much I will be so lucky to repair any leaks and the fan motor for 10 bux though, haha.

I'm thinking that I might try and contact Eureka (I think it's currently Electrolux) with the serial no. etc., and see if they can fill in the blanks, just for curiosity sake.
    Maybe that, or those guy's from American Pickers, or American Restoration's.
    Those guys seem to know what anything covered in rust is....

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There were dozens of manufacturers of aftermarket automotive hot water heaters from the 30s-50s. This one looks pre-war and low-end. Some of the early ones are extremely stylish with chrome-plated die-cast housings in fabulous Deco patterns,

10. You're right about it being low-end, which is ok for me, since a Tudor isn't exactly a Rolls, lol.
    I suppose I could always sex it up a bit with some plating...

11. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I have the very same model of heater, I was told its from early 40's era.

12. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

I have one identical to this one but it is missing the part for the defroster ducts, believe it or not the motor works and the core doesn't leak. I'm looking to sell it for $40 plus shipping if anyone is interested!

13. good to know, thanks for jumping in!