Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel injector cleaner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc Squat, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

What brand do you guys like?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

As a fuel injector reconditioning company we recomend any of the factory products etc.
    However any and all injector additive for cleaning must be used properly. I suggest a bottle every 15,000 miles added to the proper level of fuel suggested on the bottle.

I suggest the GM ( sold at the dealers) part # 12345104 for all our customers with problems.
    Techtron and butyl cellosolve are good ingredients etc.....

The best is to have the system serviced by a shop with a two line flush machine, flushing the residue out to a machine and catching it in a filter etc. Carbon clean and Motor Vac units do this service very well.
    We service the injectors off the car with ultrasonic equipment as well...

www.lindertech.com
    www.bubbashotrodshop.com

3. customs by jason

customs by jason

i like seafoam. i put some in the oil and the gas and on my daily driver i take the vacuum line off the brake boster with the truck running and slowly pour some of the seafoam down the line and let it suck thru the engine.

4. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

5. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

Techron..............recomended by several high end car companies in TSB's

6. Chevron Techron, we have used this for many many years. Highly recommended amoungst automotive engineers. TR

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  7. mastadon

mastadon

BG products,it really works!

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Thanks all. This is the BEST place to get info and feedback.

9. I recommend Techron Concentrate to my customers.
    Its what works for me.

Tried Seafoam and neighbors nearly called the fire department because of all the smoke. (I live on an airport)

A kid in town got a ticket for "Reckless Operation" after doing Seafoam in the O'Reilly parking lot. Cops thought he was doing a burnout.

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I worked for Exxon Research when the problem with gasoline quality began popping up in fuel injected cars. Early 80's. After a year or 2 of research, we came up with a pretty good additive to clean injectors up, but the benchmark was definately Chevron's Techron. Ours could only beat it, by putting about double what the marketing guys wanted to put into the fuel.

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I use GM Top engine cleaner, or Ford Rotunda. They work great, used with flush equipment only, never put in tank.

12. Good advice here.

I use seafoam because I have seen what it will do with built up crap, but the two line flush is the way to go if you got a late model. I get the wife's done every 30K whether it needs it or not and seafoam between times.

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

My old trucks have carburetors :D For my O/T late 90's Cherokees I use nothing on a regular basis.I have owned many late model high mileage bough used GM trucks and Jeeps.I tried injection cleaner several times but never noticed any performance difference so I stopped using it.
    I read an article by a supposed injection expert,he said if your high mileage engine runs well,using an injection cleaner might dislodge crap causing the injector to leak,best to leave it alone.His opinion .... Bubba is a real guy here so I will believe his advice first.

14. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I use LUCAS.