Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pretty sure no one reads these...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by xDEEKSxRDx, Jul 22, 2011.

1. xDEEKSxRDx

xDEEKSxRDx

But in case you do, I'm bored so what the hell, here's my introduction:

I'm born and raised in Southern California where custom car culture is (and has been) a way of life for the better part of 70 years. I'm into tattoos, good whiskey, bad girls and fast cars. I'm 28, so I'm a young buck in this world of old stags, looking to learn a thing or two from guys that have been doing this since I was shitting my diapers. I initially got into and noticed custom cars from seeing low riders around town and on tv when I was about 9. It was the first time I realized you could change and personalize a car, the low profiles and bright colors hooked me.

Unfortunately I've been broke my whole life and if it's one thing I've always known about customs, they're not cheap, so all of my cars have been regular "daily drivers". The fire was finally lit when a friend offered to sell me his 62 Lincoln Continental which prompted me to look at my finances and I realized that for the first time, I COULD AFFORD A CLASSIC CUSTOM!!!

After checking out the car with a few gear head friends we all came to the conclusion that it was way too much project for my first car. But the fire had already turned into a blaze and there was no going back.

I started to save my money and set my eyes on a 49-51 Ford Shoebox. I've always pictured myself in a 49-51 Merc, but I know I'm way too inexperienced and broke for one of those. The shoebox is just like a mini Merc, so I figure it's perfect for my first project. I've got big plans for it and know that I'm getting into a project that will take at least 5 years of work to be show quality. I'm under no illusions about this culture, these projects or the fact that most cars that get started don't get finished.

But determination is the key and I guarantee you will be seeing me log the progress of my car here on the HAMB in about 7 months (when I expect I'll have enough money to buy my Ford).

Like I said in the subject, I'm pretty sure no one reads these, so this ego-centric word masturbation session was more for me than it was for anyone else. But if you read it, Thank you. PM me and say whats up!!

xDEEKSx
    xRUDExDUDESx

2. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

Welcomer bro a few words writen there thought i was reading a book keep the dream alive customs are the shit there aint nothing else.

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Cool intro,and yes, some of us do still read them.

Welcome aboard from another Kustom guy.
    Paul

4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hello from ohio.good luck on finding the car you want.dont forget there are alot of cars out there that someone has put alot of time and money in and lost intrest.these can be had for alot less then a total build.around here you can buy a complete car for acouple of grand that just needs put back together.if you want to go custom do it in small stages so you can still drive it and have fun while your saveing money for the next upgrade!!!!

5. If you put the same effort into your ride has your intro, you'll have a bitchin ride. Welcome to the HAMB.

6. LostHope

LostHope

welcome !! i read them....also a young buck and love the car scene looking forward to seeing you post some pics of whatever ride you end up with...better to save and get a decent one then jump on the first thing that comes your way... ive done it before and wish i didnt.

7. I read them now and then welcome. There is seat for every ass. Keep the faith baby.

8. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

You are right, no one reads these. Like the others have said, plan your project and take things one step at a time. I see "projects" advertised for sale frequently that are listed as "needs finishing touches, lost interest." One day, maybe I'll have the money for one of these, too. Unless you have a small fortune and endless time, everything is going to take time to do and since this is your first project, it will take longer as you are also learning. Good luck with it.

9. Customs are great, but if your not narrow minded and of limited ability the world is full of different adventures for a young guy to search out and try.
    Welcome to the HAMB, and sit up straight and pay attention. You will find more information from guys with years of real world experience on this site. Many will help if you ask. A word of warning! There are also plenty of tramps, or your basic trailer park trash. It seams that there only objective is to screw with young guys like yourself if you post and make a mistake. They will fuck with you and try and make you look bad. Ignore the ass holes, ,and live your dreams. This is a great place to hang out on, and when your done all you have to do is turn off your computer.
    Good luck young man. Later, Johnny Sweet

10. badshifter

badshifter

Yeah OK FNG, there ain't nothing else in your little world but customs. Break that news to the Hot Rod guys on the HAMB. Anyhow, we read em. Welcome.

11. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

We can read

Welcome to the sickness called old cars - Oh and the HAMB

12. Tank

Tank

Some read, not all reply. Welcome.

13. 30over

30over
    from Tampa

Stay focused and it will happen. Before you know it you'll be working on your shoebox. Welcome to the Hamb.

14. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Hello from "nobody" in Ohio. I try to read the intros when I can. We were all young, broke, & dumb at one time even though we don't like to admit it.

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

HOWDY, from Hampton, Ga.!

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I like Hot Rods?

17. another welcome from ohio , first there is a misnomer in the old car hobby believe it or not your car DOES NOT have to be show quality to enjoy (but THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DREAMING) if you do good work alittle at atime people will notice the old car "people" are very welcoming and in general just good people if you drive your car and dont act like a punkass know it all you'll do great from reading your intro you dont have a problem with the punkass part

dont believe everyone on here is a mega buck deep pocket millionare im not i get around 300 a month to build my cars after bills and such i do most of the work myself my cars wont ever win a best of show but i dont care

and if your into just to win trophys and approval your really init for the wrong reasons

again welcome to the hamb from a 50 ford owner when you get yours post up pics and do a search on the main board for the shoebox club for some eye candy

18. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome, always good to have young guys into old cars. start building keep dreaming.

19. 423trader

423trader

Welcome to The H.A.M.B.!

20. THE LIMEY

THE LIMEY

I would rather read your intro then watch the 2 mins of real life television they put on between 8 mins of adverts for prescription drugs.Welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you.

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I read the intro too , lol !!

Remember , even little progress is still progress . Just chip away at it , and in no time , it'll be done .