Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another from Upstate NY

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1000styles, Jul 22, 2011.

1. 1000styles

1000styles

Just joined up a couple days ago - I'm an illustrator from upstate NY (currently Syracuse, to be specific, but originally from Walworth, NY). Besides my wife and family, art, music, and a love for all things hotrod pretty much runs my life. I make my living as a graphic designer and illustrator (portfolio site: thousandstyles.com), but I probably know more about cars than I do any artist or band. I've been into it all my life - my dad's an excellent car builder and fabricator and very successfully raced a '69 Cyclone Spoiler II at local circle tracks in the mid-70s, and growing up we had several very cool summer cars - '65 Falcon, '63 Thunderbird, '63 Comet, '62 Galaxie, '71 Pinto V8, and had many other cars and farm tractors kickin around the property that he collected over the years. I learned how to drive in a '29 Model A sedan and was ripping through the woods behind my family's property for years before I was road legal.

At the moment, I don't have a car that would fit within the styles represented by this website and forums, but that will be changing soon. I'm in the market for a '50 - '53 Ford hardtop or convertible, so aside from the friday art show threads, I'll likely be lurking in the shadows on this board, paying dues, and getting a feel for how things work here until I acquire a car and start wanting to connect with, ask questions of and find resources through other like-minded members.

Thanks!
    Dan Dippel
    thousandstyles.com

2. Welcome...GREAT artwork.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. screwball

screwball

nice work welcome.

4. Dan,
    Nice work.
    Welcome from Michigan.

5. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Dig your Artwork, Welcome from NJ

6. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Welcome from north of the border.

7. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

i moved from syracuse to fl 20+ yrs ago. still get back every so often. nice art work, and welcome to the most incredible source of rod and custom knowledge in the world! a great bunch of guys and gals!

8. 423trader

423trader

Welcome to The H.A.M.B.!

9. 1000styles

1000styles

Thanks everyone, glad to finally be a part of the community I've heard a ton of good stuff about. And thanks for the compliments on my art! Hope to be posting up some more real soon...