Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tito's 37 ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GRSMNKYCUSTOMS, Jul 22, 2011.

1. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

hey fellas wanted to share a lil project me and my buddy/ club brother Tito been working on the last 7 months. Its a bit of Budget build and he has been here busting knuckles with us to help get stuff done as well as working extra hours at his normal job to get things paid for. its been a fun lil build hope you guys enjoy the pics.. hopefully we wont get flamed too much, hahaha

heres how we found her. sitting out in the sun for 8 yrs,... the guy always put it up on craigslist for sale once a year when barret jackson came thru Az. after a bunch of negotiating on price we finally got it and took it home (keep in mind we walked away 3 times from this mans counter offers..lol)
    [​IMG]

2. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

first order of biz was to change out the rolling stock. 14" gm chromies on low pro big and little radial combos just werent cutting it...hahaha
    [​IMG]

3. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

the game plan was to airbag it and clean up the motor for now. well it turned into alot more then that..lol...
    the mustang2 that was in it was horribly welded with a 110 flux core welder. so needless to say we had try to dig it all out and re-weld it. ( i will have to upload pics and add them later here)
    in the rear I wanted to do a forward mount bag with an upper wishbone link. mostly because I wanted simplicity as well as function,... and its a great place to cut the club logo into :D
    so I used some .250 wall dom bent it up in the mandril and built a bridge mount that not only held the wishbone but also served as a top bracket for the bags...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

5. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

lil test fit to make sure i measured right..lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

on to the wishbone. It needed to be built big enough and wide enough to get around the offset of the housing as well as keep good geometry during the motion of travel, as well as looking good. we also wanted to cut the club logo into the top reinforcement plate (wich was total overkill anyways) this was also made from dom and all machined/ cut/ bent here in house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

time for some chrome,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the lower arms chromed as well
    [​IMG]
    and a final mockup...
    [​IMG]

8. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

9. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

lil paint on the new fab work and frame...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

now to make sure it gets down were we need it to ;)
    ooooh yeah this works...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

unfortunately i didnt take alot of pics of reworking the front clip, and lower/upper control arms,... BUUUUT we did send em out for some more hater guarenteed chrome....lol.. as well as torque arms rack n pinion etc..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    front lays down nice,.. we got a pesky lil brake booster thats stopping it from dropping that last inch, but the remedy is on its way
    [​IMG]
    all better
    [​IMG]

12. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

I built a new floor piece, with bridge cover, and a window (per owners request) to show off the wishbone, rolled some beads in it and fit pretty well the first time.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

here is were the airbag install came to a full stop. while sitting around the car late one night here at the shop, we started talking colors for the car, as we were all not happy with the 20+ year old "resale red" single stage paint that was on it.....not to mention it had some bondo cracks and chips some fading of the last color before it. we finally agreed that it would look pretty killer in a two tone maybe pastel colored body with a kandy flaked roof and fenders. HOWEVER my buddy isnt planning to chop it untill next tax return time,.. so the decision was made to go single pastel color for now till feb or so and then we'll chop it and make a decision then to either repaint the roof the same color or go with the original 2 tone color scheme.
    so we started body and prep work...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

Nice work!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

15. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

car was pretty free of any rust. whoever built the car originally in the 80's did all new floors in it,... but the skipped the rockers,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

like it wasnt bad enough the previous owner shaved the glove box and just about everything else,... they cut a hole for a cd player dead in the middle and put a ciggerette lighter where the windshield crank is supposed to be,..
    [​IMG]
    so for now till we can find a complete dash we just welded it up and smoothed it out...:(
    lil preview of the new color
    [​IMG]

17. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

so now that the body is all worked we can seal it..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

based and cleared,...
    [​IMG]
    sittin outside while the fenders are getting color sanded and buffed
    [​IMG]

19. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

got the rear fenders on, and we all started gettin giggling like school girls..lol
    a little mockup up with the skirts on...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    skirts actually fit tighter and snugger,.. they were just kinda mocked up

20. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

so we kinda sat around with it at this point looking at it,.. telling stories.. smoking ciggerettes and drinking thirstbusters cuz it was late afternoon and about to rain..
    [​IMG]
    but the suspense was killing everyone so the boards went on..lol
    [​IMG]
    then the front fenders...
    [​IMG]
    I hate this picture,.. the florescent light are playing tricks and make it look like some of the panels are different shades.. damn FLORESCENTS..lol..
    [​IMG]

21. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

yesterday morning we let it bask in the nice arizona sun most of the day, because we had some fab work to do for some suspension components and didnt wanna take any chances of anything getting near it.. plus we needed to sit down and design the interior layout so...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

the roof is absolutely killing me,... but like i said before we will be chopping it in less then a years time.. so we gonna have to live with it..lol..
    more pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this ones my current wallpaper hahaha
    [​IMG]

23. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

24. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

so this is where we are at today. still doing reassembly. bad thing is it doesnt seem like alot gets done even though there is, but i will post more pics as time goes on, we still have the interior and engine compartment to completely redo also so updates will be coming,.. thanks for looking guys and hope you enjoy the pics.

25. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Lovin this ride, even love the stock roof! Very cool

26. Wouldn't change a thing now! Color is just right! LEAVE THE ROOF (if you have a choice)!

27. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

great looking car! those skirts definately make it.
    Cant wait to see progress!!

28. I like that color. Do you have any pictures at ride height?

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

love 37 Fords. I'd rather see them with something we used to call "stance" ... you'll have to look it up. it used to be very popular.

on a positive note, looks like you guys do quality work.

30. BlownMerc

BlownMerc
    from Jerome

Wow nice build!