Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Well it looks that way. Pulled into the old Foxy's now known as Downey Brewing Co. since they have beer also. But I wasn't there for the beer, just pulled in there while I was being pulled over ;).

2. Normbc9

Normbc9

We all used to take our cars down to the Big Boy in Burbank and meet and hang out on Friday nights in the 50's. Good folks, very nice cars and some good times to be had by all. The Burbank cops used to join us for coffee on the house of course.
    normbc9

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Norm, back in the early 90's the Toluca Lake Bob's was endangered by a proposed hi-rise. Car guys and preservationists united to save the historic site, which to this day still exists and has a highly successful cruise night Fridays, much like our Wednesdays at the former Harvey's, now Bob's Big Boy Broiler that Adriene, myself and so many others worked to save...which brings us to our present topic of thanking all those who attended last eve's cruise nite which was spectacular!! Thanks to all who came out for a fun evening! Remember if you park under the canopy -- and who wouldn't want to?! -- please use our drive-in/carhop service as Angie's great on wheels and will be sure to bring you your meal-on-wheels ;-)

4. Adriene

Adriene

Yesterday I ran into Angelyne, Queen of the Hollywood Billboard. Maybe she'll be stopping by Bob's Broiler in her hot pink Corvette soon Sending a pic to Mazooma to post.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. I finally went last weds. Good crowd. Nice to see that there is a ton of parking....The parking at bobs in burbank is tiny. Been hanging out in Downey the last few weeks.. gonna check out saturday.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

:eek: I didn't hear my phone ring :(:D

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So Cal1,
    Thx for coming on out,we appreciate you making the drive, We're still working on Saturdays cruise nite, Everyone is more than welcome to drive on out and we could have a HAMB Meet N Greet Cruise.
    Just pm Adriene or I and we'll see what we can pull off- On the 1st Sat of the month The Broiler has a monthly cruise nite,but on the remaining saturdays of the month something could go down.

Hey J.G.
    I heard that Angelyne was looking to sell you a shirt.I think I hears something re: test fitting it for you.;). See you on Weds,

Hope ta see everyone there!

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

In that case, I wear an extra small ;):p:D

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey Guys N Dolls, Lets see some Rods & Customs next Weds! I'll drive the 32, JG will drive his 56, Knucks 30 will cruise over with open headers;)
    What are you coming down in???? Was a great cruise last weds, Saw HAMBers Crazy Daddy O and Roadster P/U,The week prior was 54 Chev,Scooter McRad,Chris(which I have to yet hand over his plaques).
    It's summer so come on out and take in a fabulous sunset with the Broilers. ;).

11. Adriene

Adriene

I'll be driving a smoking Camry with America's Tire sale mags...glove compartment signed by Bill Hines ;-)

12. rbpbob

rbpbob

i took these about a mounth ago

Attached Files:

13. Johnny  B

Johnny B

see u guys wed. at the broiler...i may finally debut what ive been working on all summer....

14. Adriene

Adriene

I may be cruisin' down Wednesday with Skeeter and a few of the Coachmen-Ventura County. (I worked with them on the National Car Collector Appreciation Day event in Thousand Oaks.)

15. Adriene

Adriene

... a world premiere?!

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Affraid not Kev., I machined his caps flat and Brain bolted them on. :(

So ?, you putting the last few hairs on that Johnny Bravo wig ? ;)

Great to hear, it's been a long while since we've seen you. :)

17. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the plaque!
    Good talking to you.

-Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

anyone going out there this friday or saturday night?

19. Johnny  B

Johnny B

friday night is a huge cruise night put on by the vintage bombs car club the place will be packed....

20. Adriene

Adriene

Check out the photos from Skeeter Rader's Coachmen cruise from Ventura County to the Broiler on Wed., Aug. 3rd:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1706600763901.69292.1804501261

Great cruise, Kevin--the guys sure were impressed with the caliber and assortment of cars. They had a blast being served by a real carhop (thanks Angie!) at a real drive-in (thanks for giving us Heaven, Jim & Lindsey!). Everyone had fun watching "Cannonball Run" (we appreciate you driving all the way out from the San Fernando Valley with your truck and big screen, Kirby!). It was good to see Skeeter, Brett, Frank from Murphy's Auto Museum in Oxnard, and Dave from SoCalCarCulture.com (who drove all the way out from Mission Viejo). You guys are GREAT--come visit us again soon!!

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

You're Welcome Miss A. ;),
    Especially Skeet and the Gang coming in from 1k OAKS and Dave from So_O.C. Lots of good people there as always and very good cars....
    Looking forward to Weds nite cruise and even Bedlam. Broilers and Crusaders will be working it this coming Sat, so come on out and have some Broiler Chow.
    Hope ta see ya there.

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Very Cool Cruise Nite! A shout out to the Trompers for coming on out and suporting our Broiler :). And another shout out to The Chopit Clan for bringing the Merc on down.(Mind you, they do killer work!)
    Last Saturdays show worked out great! We hope ta have others like that in the future. Thank you to all that came on out in the HEAT!.

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^Cut out early last night while you guys made your way in. Not feeling up to speed and hit the bed early. Have the plans been set out for the Broilers 2nd Birthday Party? Count me in to help.

24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Tonite's Cruise Nite @ The Broiler, How many HAMBers are gonna make it out?
    It's been nearly 2yrs since we Re-Openned The Broiler, It's time to plan it's 2nd birthday! Lets put something together :). (See J.G., I'm listening to ya!)
    C'mon down!

25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Damn Kevin if it's been nearly 2 years since the broiler reopened, then it's been 2 years since we cruised LA's hot rod spots together.

I cannot wait til June 2012, when I get to go back to the broiler again

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Can you believe it Mark? And you were there in a non-finished restaurant! Eating Cookies and Sandwiches. Can't wait till you're back in town for some cruisin in 64c :).
    C-ya in June!

27. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Me too Kevin, I cannot wait. Trouble is if I go cruising around town in the 64 C roadster, I'll have a real hard time getting it out of my system, and I'll end up being deePly indebted to brookville for one of their finest bodies to encase the 12 port I just bought 

28. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

This comes to mind........"Can you hear me now" :D

30. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

emailed from Adriene............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]