Register now to get rid of these ads!

Courtney Halowell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Damn, he always had a good comment. Thoughts and prayers to jason and all of Courts freinds and family.

2. Damn Tito, we just talked two days ago. Not sure what it will be like to hit the local events and not see your smiling face and have a bit of a BS session.

I am proud to have worked with you on tech articles, bs when we saw each other and to have called you a friend! I'll never forget the Bear Hugs that lifted me off the ground

Godspeed my friend - know well that you will be missed by many

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. ryno

ryno

Wow just thought I'd look at the hamb one last time before bed, I read this.
    Cortney was everything everyone has already said, just a genuine good dude
    I did a lot of tech articles with him back in the truck days and spent allot of time riding bmx at the block

Good times,memories

I've been meaning to call him ask advice on my new project, really bummed I didn't
    You'll be missed
    Damm!

4. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

RIP Court!
    TP

5. Wow. RIP, Court.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear. I never got to meet him but really enjoyed reading what he wrote over the years and I'd like to think that I learned a bit from it.

7. Ramblux

Ramblux

Courtney was someone I always wanted to work with, and I finally got the chance when he fought for me to get hired at StreetTrucks. Even though I knew him for years before, we really got to know each other those four years I was at ST. He was the type of guy who you'd get into a disagreement with, but just couldn't stay mad at him. I'll miss him and I hope his family is okay.

8. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Terrible news, it's always sad to lose a member of hot rodding's 4th estate.

9. lurch13

lurch13

this is a sad day and tito will be missed. i meet him over 15 years ago when i was into mini trucks and joined negative camber he was the kind of person who would do anything for anyone.any time i would visit california he always open his house up for me to stay no matter how long i stayed in town and was a excellent tour guide.his text and photography will be missed. im going to miss ya brother and my prayers go out to all his family and friends.

10. weez

weez

Wow, I can't believe it... I'm glad i got to spend a couple of hours with him at LARS... what a friendly positive great guy, I'm stunned...

11. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

A real stand up guy, he will be missed. RIP.

12. HELLMET

HELLMET

Courtney was a great friend for 17 years we had a lot of fun times together i will never forget . Love you bud. I miss you. Heres a pic of him and me in my roadster when he shot it at el mirage 2 years a go. Rip my friend

Attached Files:

13. thoughts go out to all the family and friends

Drewfus

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just heard. I don't even know what to say.

I'll miss the bear hugs.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Very sorry to hear this.

RIP.

16. hemi

hemi

So sad... He will be missed. Super nice guy, I know he had a stroke earlier, but still waaay too early.. Sucks.

17. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

We'll miss you courtney!! R.i.p.!

18. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Terrible News :( RIP Courtney

19. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Courtney and I have talked on many occasions, he was a great guy and a talented magazine man.

I will miss him very much. -Abone.

20. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

shocked and very sad to hear,,,, :( my condolences.....

21. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

very sad day when i heard last night he had passed. I have known him since i was 17 and he was the nicest kindest man you could ever want to hang out with. He never met a stranger!

22. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

I am really going to miss Courtney. Just one of the most genuine and great guys you ever want to meet. :(

23. Nomad

Nomad
    from Gretna, NE

I don't know what to say. I worked with Courtney for several years, and even though we weren't the closest of friends, he was always someone you could fall into easy conversation with. Just a real genuine, friendly, enthusiastic and energetic guy - and it showed in the work he did. The hot rod community and magazine world will definitely feel his loss. RIP.

24. BlownMerc

BlownMerc
    from Jerome

God speed Courtney Thoughts and prayers go out to all the family and friends. He will be missed.

25. GraphicDisorder

GraphicDisorder

Heard this news yesterday and its still not fully sat in yet and I am still a wreck over it. He was an amazing person that brought out the best in everyone around him. Best kind of guy. Going to miss him.

26. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Rest in peace.

28. Sad to hear.. RIP Courtney!!