Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dellorto carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 80vette, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 80vette

80vette

I've recently acquired a matched set of Dellorto 2BBL DLHB 35 carbs. I'd like to sell them but have no idea what they're worth. Can't find too much info on that model on the web and wondered if some of you HAMBer's know anything. Thnx in advance:D

2. 73RR

73RR

The Dellorto was real popular with the sand rail folks, check into one of 'those' sites.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just did a quicky "google" and came up with a few hits. 35 means 35 mm carb bores and they could also be side draft. it depends on the configuration which I'm no expert on. They were also used on some oriental sports cars like Datsun and the like. Some inginuity and forethought, maybe they'd make a low-cost alternative to an Inglese or Webber get up. I don't think they're super pricey because as stated above VW guys love em and you see em like we see Holleys at a cruise night.

4. Fixxxr

Fixxxr
    from Sk, Canada

I run Dellorto dual 40's on my OT VW....love em! They're very similar to the Webers but they're a little more rare here in North America. I just went through a re-appraisal on my car so I had to do some research.

A Dellorto DRLA carb is essentially the same carb as the Weber IDF. DRLA carb sizing is 1 step larger than the equivalent Weber. A 36 mm Dellorto is equivalent to a 40 mm Weber; a 45mm Dellorto is equivalent to a 48mm Weber; etc.

If you're looking for a price, I think they would compare similarly to the Weber's so maybe look into those. Hope this helps a little!

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

I think those are the tiny carbs that were used on Lancia Fulvia's.

Most of the ones I've seen used the Weber version.

They look like a scaled down DCOE.

Unless you have a small/vintage 4cyl, there isnt a lot you can do with them.

You might be able to get them to work on a V8-60, if you put them on a common plenum.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

They come in "Dual" because they are big in the VW sector.
    Had some, great on the bug.

7. Lo-fi

Lo-fi

This is completely unrelated, but Dellorto carbs also came standard on vintage Vespa motorscooters throughout the 60's, 70's and early 80's too. I have a 1980 model that has one.

8. 41woodie

41woodie

On a 39 Ford I half built some years ago I was running a B&M Blower with two Dellorto side-drafts mounted horizontally above the blower. The engine, 350, had some serious modifications with a lot of head and block work to make the most of the blower. I never started the engine before it was sold but I heard it run later and it sounded pretty stout. The then owner finally swapped the engine for a junkyard 350 because according to him all it would do is smoke the tires and he didn't like that. Takes all kinds I guess.

I about forgot I also had a 356 Porshce with dual Dellortos on it and was always quite happy with the performance and ease of tuning.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. The DLHB is a Sidedraft carb - NOT the VW type carb. The 35mm is good for SMALL motors, Around 1200cc - early CIVIC guys love em, as do 1200 Datsuns

10. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

11. rebelrat

rebelrat

big in England

12. racemad55

racemad55

Nice s.b.c. setup in the classifieds.

13. Weasel

Weasel

They have little cars with little engines in England....

14. rottenrods

rottenrods

I had a set of duel delortos on a shovelhead Harley I once had

15. vivid2012

vivid2012

little cars with little engines ? cute outlook?

16. FuManchu

FuManchu
    from Mesa AZ

I had a 250 6 catch fire on me in the Salton sea, at the slab city riot, Rigged the single carb up to limp it back to Phoenix, was short on money to buy a carb, and rent space at a volkswagon shop, so my buddy gave me a Delorto, I fabbed up a little 2 into 1 intake adapter to use the stock manifold, and holy shit did it wake that little engine up. Not traditional, but you might be surprised what could be done with em.

17. Normbc9

Normbc9

In my opinion you have avey versatile carburetor with Dellorto's. This is the best forum for a feeler fro value. I'm not in the market for anything like this quality item but I do know they are excellent performers from my past experience. I used two on a Cragar OHV conversion Ford four banger and it ran well. They were virtually trouble free.
    Normbc9