Register now to get rid of these ads!

Courtney Halowell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Killer

Killer

Courtney Halowell passed away this afternoon.

Many of you know him from Truckin. Mini Truckin. Trucks. Street Chopper. Worlds of Rods. Drive. etc..

He went to the hospital yesterday because he was feeling dizzy. He was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. They did a battery of tests because of the stroke he had a few years ago. They sent him home with some meds and told him to relax for a few weeks. He took a nap this after noon and didn't wake up.

He was my best friend and my heart is broken.

I know there's a lot of my fellow Negative Camber members on here. I'm sorry. I know how much he meant to everyone. I'll let you know more as it comes.

Jason

2. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

RIP. Just heard the news myself. Godspeed Courtney

3. just read about this...damn what a loss. the man will be missed by a lot of folks. R.I.P. Courtney. thanks for all that you did.

4. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

Heard the news a little earlier. Sucks so bad. You will be missed Tito.

You influenced a lot more people that you could ever know. RIP

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Oh nooo, thats terrible. RIP

6. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'm absolutely shocked at this news. I was just chatting with him a couple weeks ago. Not to mention a friend we had in common named kc suzuki passed a few weeks ago. I think I'm gonna be sick.

7. customs by jason

customs by jason

im shocked. always like reading stuff by courtney halowell got to meet him once at a mini truck show and he was super cool to hang out with and just a down to earth guy. i was just getting into photography and he gave me great pointer. he will truly be missed. prayers go out to his friends and family

8. BigMikeIndy

BigMikeIndy

RIP Tito!!! Never will you be forgotten!!!

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to all his friends and family.

10. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Its funny how one phone call can make you drop everything, sit on the floor in the middle of a store and realize how little everything else going on in your life really matters. A great man was taken today and he will be missed by more people than he could ever imagine. RIP Courtney.

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

awe man....thats sad...

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh crap... What do you say? One hell of a guy! Had dinner with him just last month at L.A.R.S. He will be missed.

13. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

I just found out. Tito was everyones friend. A truly good person. Even as a young kid in my minitruckin days with NR, he treated me like a true friend every time i was on the west coast, even if he saw me only once a year. Its a sad day.

14. ScottLucky13

ScottLucky13
    from STL

R.I.P. Brother! I will never forget you!

15. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

So sorry to hear....holy shit. He will be missed...prayers and thoughts go out to you and yours.

16. rick finch

rick finch

Court was a cool guy, man this is just sad.:( R.I.P.Courtney

17. nc2low4u

nc2low4u
    from Memphis

I had the pleasure of knowing him for years and he will forever be missed. He has changed the lives of so many people including mine.

18. hotrodaddict

hotrodaddict

So Sorry to hear this. He was a cool dude.

R.I.P. TITO

19. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Court was a great guy we rode bmx together in the 90's at the orange ymca and coa canyon he will be missed

20. Steve

Steve

damn that is horrible! BAd day! RIP Courtney

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Courtney was a great guy.

RIP

22. canucktruck

canucktruck

What a tragedy! Great guy.

I met Courtney when I was writing for Truckin' and Classic Trucks magazines. A true auto guy, not some college educated guy who got a truck gig..

Keep on Truckin'

23. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Damn. Good guy that always had good advise. RIP.

24. 133

i still can't believe it. i didn't know him very well but he was a great person to be around. his Titan from a few years ago is one of my favorite trucks.

25. Good guy. He will be missed.

26. CultureCreature

CultureCreature

Courtney was a friend that I could count on. He got my foot in the door with Beckett Media and I started freelancing under his wing... He got me my start. I can't thank him enough. I just spoke with him a few days ago, before all this... I, along with countless others will miss him terribly. Thank you Courtney for being a friend, mentor, and genuinely good guy. Godspeed brother...

27. swest8763

swest8763

Tito was an awesome friend and had a heart as big as his impact on our sport! I've been all over this country doing shows and Courtney was always there....and everyone knew it!

My heart goes out to all my NC friends and all the west coast old school guys...

-Scott
    (aka Kidd Kutt)

28. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

I can actually remember when I first met him .....

it was a wednesday late december, the year - 1991, he was in a truck club called Class Act and I was petitioning a club called Miracles - two low key minitruck clubs in southern california - I was in the navy and he was a full time student with a full time job studying creative writing and photography

years went by, I joined another truck club he started called Negative Camber, for 13 years I was in the club, he gave me a nick name in which I hate but everyone still seems to call me when they see me since most of them never knew my real name

a few years ago we came to a disagreement over a situation within the club, I left words were exchaged - mostly hateful ones and we wiped our hands clean of one another..........

and then I get a phone call out of the blue from someone i thought would never call me ever again

I want to remember the good times we had, the shows, the taqurias, the bon fires, the better times - the simpler times - those times we didnt have the responsibilitys, the commitments, and the other things young people didnt have to worry about

we grow older, we grow wiser - but do we really grow wiser as we get older ?

29. slammed

slammed

So sad, well liked guy.

30. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend......
    Rest in Peace Courtney.