Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P Bud Crayne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buflochp, Jul 15, 2011.

1. rallisracing

rallisracing

Larry, ask my dad. He'll tell you any real hot rod has a flathead... :)

2. Larry T

Larry T

Pete,
    Ya know what? His 40 pickup is the last hot rod that I REALLY remember looking at that ran a flathead and was still running back in the 60's. And the altered is the newest race car that I remember running a flathead until they got popular again.
    Larry T

BTW, Why does your avatar have 4 tube headers instead of 3? :)
    Talk to you later.

3. Racewriter

Racewriter

I ordered a new copy of "Hot Rod" from Felsen's daughter, received it, and read it - probably the 50th time I've read the story. It still holds up. Hopefully she can release the rest.

4. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

"The problems in this book are true,the characters,places and accidents are fictional.The teen-age roadeo desribed is based on a similar roadeo devised by the Desmoines safety council and is described with their permission." Ouoted from the index before page one.Quite a bit of effort went into this.Good one,nevertheless.

5. jipp

jipp

ill have to see if i can get this book, iv never read it. i fail.
    chris.

6. guy chachere

guy chachere

What is name of the book? The main character and his girl friend are racing another car home from a car show he just won, they crash going off a bridge, very descriptive in how they died. The car they were racing was behind them trying to catch up, the ending was that driver saying " I will catch them..." . The book was on the dangers of teen drivers, immaturity, and death at the hands of kids at the wheel.

7. .........Just for the record, this thread is almost 9 years old and the poster, jipp, hasn't been logged on here in almost 8 years!:eek:

8. 5window

5window

I'm sorry I wasted any time on this stupid thread.

9. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Street Rod by Henry Gregor Felsen. And even though the thread is 9 years old I never get tired hearing about Felsen's books and how they affected people.

lurker mick, OLDSMAN and Moriarity like this.