Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Ride Trade - 1958 Ford Fairlane w/ Police Interceptor v8!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DaxxRuckus, Jul 21, 2011.

1. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

Check out my amazing trade.... I swapped my '87 Harley Sportster 1100 for a 1958 Ford Fairlane 4 door with the 352 police interceptor v8! Recent rebuild, about 7000 miles on it since. Recently redone interior, paint is ok, fender skirts, some rust but nothing too bad. Hell of a trade seeing as my Harley was salvage title and I only paid $2000 for it. What do you guys think of this ride? Is it unique because of this engine?

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

Damn fine trade. I think we need a fly-by video of you "following" your buddy on a quick take off...

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Bad ass!! I wish somebody would trade the things I dont want for things like 58 fords :(

4. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

Yeah, just lucked out on this one!

5. milo1303s

milo1303s

Nice car but my 73 vw superbeetle has a flat four police interceptor motor in it too !! :D

Is there a way to determine the motor is really a police interceptor motor ?:)

Actually I would like to know how to determine this !!

6. I think you got a hell of a deal.

7. shocker998md

shocker998md

damn good deal, that 352 should scoot too.

8. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

Not sure, but I think the interceptors of that era had solid lifters.

9. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

It hauls ass. Has interceptor badging.

10. rallisracing

rallisracing

Early 58 pi 352's had solid lifters with adjustable rocker arms, but later in the year went to hyd lifters and non adj rockers..if it has a 3 speed manual, the PIs had overdrive ...

11. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

I too have a H code 58 Fairlane. As far as I know it is still has the Interceptor 352 in it. Very hard to tell FE engines apart, but the codes on the intake etc. indicate the engine was built in 1958,... but who the hell knows what may have transpired in the engine compartment in the 49 years prior to my purchase.
    I have the bitchin' little Interceptor V-8 emblem on the glove box, so WTF? I just tell them it's a Interceptor...and as far as know ..it is!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  12. RAY With

RAY With

Still a hell of a deal no matter what the motor is . The adjustable rockers are still available as well as the solid lifters. You can over haul it at a later time after you wear it out and make what ever you want. Both versions will haul ass and I had several 58's and its just as easy down the road to put a 390-427-428 in it since its a bolt in all the way.You will have plenty of fun with the car.

13. Wow, you got a helluva deal. Are you going to kustomize it?

14. 58ClubVictoria

58ClubVictoria

Great deal! Very trim and tight looking car. On the driver side door frame where the door hinges are there should be a plate with an "H" in the vin number if the car originally had a 352. The 352 would have been an option for your car. By the way, it is not a Fairlane it is a Custom 300.

15. Heck yeah! Nice find.....I have a 1959 Custom 300 that was originally a police int.

The 352 scoots along perfectly. It even had a single person cage in the back, used in a small Texas town.

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

If it is indeed a police interceptor, the car is a definite sleeper.

17. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go check the VIN right now and see if that H is on there. I do believe it is a custom 300, not the fairlane, and its got all the interceptor badging. Is there a good site to decode VINs on these?

18. Weldemup

Weldemup
    from Central,NY

Nice trade...I had a 59 352 interceptor motor that I put in a 3/4 Ton P/U years ago.It had a solid cam and adjustable rockers that I always presumed were factory.It ran really well!

19. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool ride regardless of engine......

20. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

thanks. gonna go take her out for a spin!

21. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Good trade. Nice Car. The 352 FE Interceptor is a good engine. I have a 332 FE for my '58 Ranch Wagon.

All the '58 only stuff on your car looks to be in good shape.

You'll enjoy it.

22. FityFive

FityFive

Great trade! Enjoy your "new" FE engine.

23. luvzccr

luvzccr

i envy you! but at the same time i love that you got a '58, i own one and rarley see many out here. great deal, damn, and i paid close to 2k for mine too, no where near that shape though

24. 58ClubVictoria

58ClubVictoria

Dearborn Classics had a '57 -'59 Ford decoder that is very good. Or you can just type in 1958 Ford data plate decoder in your search engine and you can find several. By the way there are several good sources for your ford - Mac's, Dearborn Classics, Classic Auto Parts, Jerry's Classic Cars & Parts etc. Good riding!!

25. It takes a Ford to catch a Ford.

26. I checked the VIN on it, it is an original H-code 352 Interceptor V8. Not 'police' but an original option for that year.

It was also built in the Long Beach plant! Pretty cool. Colors and trim are all original.
    Engine has about 7k miles on a full rebuild. I've been driving it to work almost every day, it's a killer daily driver.

Evan