Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Blue hauler 57

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leroys85coupe, Jun 6, 2010.

1. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

well, ive seen better to start with, but its a start i guess. not really looking at a overnite thing, but will gather stuff along the way. dad bought this car 20+ yrs ago, and said i could have it, gee thanks dadio. plans are to go low, have a .40 over 350, hopefully a 5 spd someday, 9 inch for sure, need one 57 or 58 inchs wide flange to flange if you have one, lol.
    enjoy, will update asap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

also got the partial 1/4 patch panels for the front part of them. picked up a intake the other day. trying to finish up another project at the time being. sucks but o well

4. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

5. Good starting point and the price is right! You won't find any love for those wheels and tires here, though. Looks like a good candidate for a one piece floor replacement. Worth the investment in my opinion. By the time you screw around with the individual pans/trans hump/trunk and all the braces & inner rockers, the one piece is the only way to fly. how about making that 350 look like an old school 327?

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Starting with new wheels and tires does truly make it a "ground up" rebuild. I'm trying to get an idea of how the rear springs were moved to the frame rails. Would/could you post a couple of pics of the front spring hanger and rear shackle areas? Looks like it had a cage in it at one time judging by the stubs welded to the frame. Anyone who tries to save a tri-five Chevrolet is alright in my book. Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

i moved mine in all you do is flop the brakets from one side to the other side its easy to do ..

8. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

9. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

im not really sure how they moved them. there in line with the frame rails now. ya it use2 be a drag car, they was gonna prostreet it, hints the lack of a trunk. im not really even sure them springs go to this car. probably get some new ones
    if you pay ill do the complete floor man. lol im actually thinking of making a stack type intake

see next post

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  10. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

11. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

cool some update pictures

13. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Comin along real nice

15. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

ya its gettn there.
    going to start on the trunk floor this week. if i can get that at least 1/2 done id be happy for this yr. lol that floor is really the only reason i done the 1/4's and rockers already. i got started on the passenger side wheel tub and realized that i couldnt do it til the 1/4 was in the car. that was a month ago. done all this welding and didnt burn my eyes at all. i always just take a get a welders glove and hold my hand over the end of the gun, so i dont have 2 flip the helmet up and down 500 times while tacking

16. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

So will it be 6 more month till the next set of update pics :rolleyes::D. JK, going along well. What on the drawing board as for as power plant?

18. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

i actually cut the ridges out of the cylinders 2day. gotta tank it and new bearings, and shit. but no wont be 6 months, hope its running by then i actually have a lot more pics. just put them on becasue they was major updates. plus gota baby on the way, and trying to buy a house so i gotta get this sucker about done because my time is spoken for, oya add a job change in that in 2 weeks lol

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Congrats on this Fathers Day ahead of time.

20. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

21. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

Wow, that is looking good...

22. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

well its been awhile since i updated
    shops been really busy which is good.

lets see the car show is this weekend.

rewind a month, couldnt get the clutch linkage to work, had the motor in and out like 6 times. turns out i had a z bar from a camaro, so i picked up a 57 one from mervs at the swap meet
    got the motor fired ok. then last night i took the brand new alum radiator out of the box, its beat all to hello. leaks, so i called them he referred me to the manufacturer. then today. i polished what chrome it has,then
    i pulled it out of the shop which is a straight shot. went to take it to the new house and turn around. got to the curve in our road, and hear this grinding noise. turns out, i think, that the rear end is a ltd slip and my dad dug it out of the iron pile. so tuesday when i get the dodge pictured below done monday, im gonna tear into it and swap the center section for a mini spool equiped 350 geared section. boy what a week. i shoulda went to CA with the fiance instead of working 20 hour days the 4 she was gone. well its gonna be a busy week so ill update when i find out what is happening

ps i also bought a 49 5 window yesterday, i redirected my part of my 401k into this truck and the rest for when our lil girl gets here. gracie jo [​IMG]

dad tuning his motor in my car lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

went for a drive last nite, drove ok in a straight line. turned left ok . turn right and it stopped something in the rear is grinding and i have a show sunday. believe its the spiders. dad told me after i got it together that he dug the center section out of the iron pile lol