Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNGal ... back in the sunshine state.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dixie1219, Jul 20, 2011.

1. dixie1219

dixie1219

So I was told that if I introduced myself, y'all would be kind... so lets see how this goes.

I just moved back to Florida. Living just south of Tampa and its been a good 13 years since Ive lived here last, so Im still trying to grasp my bearings of being back down here.

This last year I was living up in northern Alabama, learning the Upholstery trade. I started off in furniture but now my main focus is Auto and Marine. I just set up a workspace behind my house and have had pretty good luck picking up jobs thus far. Im still a newbie at it, but if you have something you need a workin' on, please by all means contact me.

Prior to Bama I was living in Atlanta for about eight years. I was pretty involved in the hot rod community up there. Kinda the token little sister of many car clubs. Ive met some great friends along the way and would love to find that same sort of community down here in Florida...

As for cars... no toys for the time being. But trust me, i'm looking for the next project. I had a '63 Fairlane 500 that was my daily driver for about two years, but it was sold to fund my college tuition.

...oh and yeah, I used to do a good bit of pinup modelin' ... dont do much of it these days, but I can make an exception every now and again as long as its for a good cause.

I guess thats about it ... Cheers!
    Lorraine Renee

2. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from beautiful downtown Ravenswood...

3. yblock292

yblock292

HEY, welcome from Kansas!

4. cederholm

cederholm

Welcome to the HAMB. If you were closer to me I could have used your upholstery work.

~ Carl

5. Welcome...Holly cow, if your upholster work is anything like your modeling...you will do very well!! You are gorgeous!

6. Welcome from Route 66, MO! I sent a P.M. about some door panels...

7. A big welcome to you from central Iowa!

8. Deu55

Deu55

Hey welcome from Australia my coupe needs to be done ,but to much water between us...Rod..

9. ratrod0

ratrod0

I know you. welcome to the HAMB I have been here a while, you can lrean alot from these guys. but you have to put up with alot. Barry hope to see you again

10. dixie1219

dixie1219

Hey Barry.. thanks for the heads up, Im a tough gal... I think I can handle it ;)

Miss you guys!!

11. welcome to the hamb so... how good are you at real tuck-n-roll?

12. lyles11

lyles11
    from alabama

Welcome from South Alabama

13. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

.....................Welcome.....................

14. v8 garage

v8 garage

Welcome from the West end of Dixie!
    V/8

15. Welcome aboard- I hope Florida works out for you but if you ever need Trim Work, come to Detroit-there is always work here for good trimmers. A good trimmer up here working a little bit of OT can make $65K-$85K in a OEM/Supplier shop. Somethin' to ponder if the work runs dry...and you can see the world if you're really good...two of my trimmer friends have worked in Germany, Italy (in the Ferrari trim lab no less!) and France and one even married a lovely French gal! Being a good trimmer is like being a good welder in that if you're not too tied down, it can really help you to see the world. Again, welcome aboard!

16. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier, MI. Good luck with your new adventure.

17. Hey Girl, Welcome to the HAMB. I remember you best from the prank the Oddrods and You got me on in my '51 at the World of Wheels a couple of years ago. Hope you luck with your Upholstery business and maybe you'll find another car to replace the Fairlane with. Cooter

18. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Lorraine welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

Sounds like you are located in an area with plenty of boating and cars.

Saturday nights I enjoy East Bay Raceway and for $10.00 bucks to get in it's the best deal around.

Good luck with the new business.

19. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Maryland.

20. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

21. slammed

slammed

Lets see yer........work, yeah the stichin' and such!

22. yardgoat

yardgoat

Welcome from Rockmart,Ga. (tween K Mart n Wal Mart).Good luck on your biss,also great intro........................YG

23. dixie1219

dixie1219

Hey Jimbo,

Ive actually been meaning to head on down to the Raceway, heck its probably been a good fifteen years or so since the last time I was there. Hmmm, just might have to go this Saturday to check it out. Its dirt track right?

24. dixie1219

dixie1219

Yes, Cooter ...good times, in deed! Your face was priceless.
    Ive been terribly homesick and miss all you guys.
    Thinking about coming up for the "Drive Invasion" (or whatever they are calling it these days) or Hot Rods n Hillbillyz. I'll keep you posted either way and hope to see you.

25. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Welcome back to the Tampa area. There's some decent times to be had around here. I sent ya a reply to your PM. If you're feeling home sick, perhaps we could help show ya around. All the best with your buisness.

26. SLCK64

SLCK64

Heeellllllooo nurse!!!! ....sorry couldnt resist :D

But welcome welcome! Seems you already got a handle of this whole thing, so have fun with it!!

27. Welcome aboard from Davenport Iowa -right on the Mississippi River.
    Lokks like you have already hit the ground running !!!

28. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I'll gladly welcome another lady to the hamb :) I'm towards the opposite coast, but you never know when we might bump into each other some day.

29. That was a 'Kodak' moment. If you'll go to my HAMB page and look at my 'Group Memberships', towards the bottom there's a group for "Upholstery", it may give you some ideas, tips, ect.. Check it out. Have a good'n, ....Cooter

30. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Welcome from So Cal