Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody know this '55 Wagon from the Roundup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzzard, May 4, 2005.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I dig 55's and this one looks cool. Does anybody know what motor it runs? Is it from Texas? I'd love to see it at the Day of the Drag Races in the fall!

Anybody know the details on this car?

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Guy must be real lonely if nobody knows him. Maybe he's a Knowbody.

3. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The thing is tits

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

damn, that's a Nomad

5. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I know. '55 Nomads are not exactly a dime a dozen. And straight axle and rear wheel wells cut out? I wonder if it was built "back in the day"?

6. Rusty

Rusty

Hey Buzzard that is Charlie Durans sons car. He is from Arlington, Texas. Hopefully he will be at the drags instead of Goodguys like me. He is Hudson Hawks Brother in law.

7. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

55 Nomads had the rears radiused stock. Only Nomad of the Tri-5s to be done like that.

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Doh, I knew that about the wheel wells. You just never see 'em!

Dirty31, tell me ya'll aren't going to Goodguys again this year. That's for guys with automatics. Come down and miss some gears with us/ me!

I'd guess Hawk would know how to get a hold of 'em to make sure they know about the drags. Thanks.

9. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

his name is tony duran

10. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

It's Hudson's step brother.You can probably contact him through his website.

I'm also sure the car is for sale or will be.

http://www.nostalgiawarehouse.com

11. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

Yeah it's on their site under hot rods, more pics and info.

Later,
    Saulgoode

12. Rusty

Rusty

DAY OF THE DRAGS FOR SURE>>>> NO MORE AUTOMATICS FOR ME. Hot Rods have three pedals

13. Rusty

Rusty

DAY OF THE DRAGS FOR SURE>>>> NO MORE AUTOMATICS FOR ME. Hot Rods have three pedals

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

Like Dirty31 said !!!!

15. RC

RC

This is from the web site.

1955 Nomad

We bought this car the weekend after The Barrett-Jackson Auction January 04. This 55 Nomad sat under a car port in Weatherford, Texas since 1971. The fender chrome and some other items were parted out back in the early 70's buy a restorer who owns a Texaco station in Ft Worth. I'm surprised he kept the body because some one had installed a roll cage, and cut a hole for a 4 speed in the floor, and had it sitting high in the front end. Guess I'm the poor sucker who settled for it after all these years.

It is a solid straight car and I have everything including the front fender chrome. EMS Customs of Ennis, Texas has completed their part of the ground up chassis which includes: Powder coated frame, gloss blacked the bottom side of the car, airbags in the front, installed a Corvette 5 spd, PS, PDB, 4:11 posi rear, wiring harness, New Exhaust and more...

The photo with the wide whites depicts a late 50's early 60's gasser style. This was it's maiden voyage on/off the trailer and to The Lone Star Round Up in Austin. Hopefully it won't be on top of a trailer again. If it is dial 911 it's stolen.

Thanks Clyde & Shane of EMS Customs for another job well done 972-875-2741 Once EMS finished their part now came our part. Donny Grubbs, NW shop manager, and yours truly turned it on for a solid 2 weeks day and night to get her ready for The Lone Star Round Up in Austin. No it's not finished and may never be, but it does run and drive. I am not actively trying to sell this car just love showing off and seeing tri-five Nomads.