Register now to get rid of these ads!

frame missing 1957 nomad!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagzilla, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

John Beck Has know Rob for 30 years. He said he has disapared before???

Restoraton house and body. thats not the right guy. He has been there for 16 years.

2. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

Looking at your pictures you posted of your frame it looks like it is a seamless frame. Chevrolet made two types of frames seamless and standard. The standard frame looked like two pieces of C channel welded together. The seamless frame looks like square tubing. The seamless frames are very rare, and are mostly found on the west coast. I have a seamless frame under my 57 nomad. My car came for California. Also the seamless is at least 1-1/2 wider than a standard frame.

3. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

My stock frame was seamless. That's why I didn't want to cut it up and I was going to just have a whole new frame built with the corvette suspenion.

4. sololobo

sololobo

Good luck man, I let my 57 Nomad slip away during a big "D". Good luck with your situation bro. ~sololobo~

5. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Thanks

6. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

The California only thing is urban legend. They were produced by a different manufacturer in California and Canada. My 56 was built in Flint and had a seamless frame. The seamless frame has a bit wider rear cross section and is a little wider and taller where the motor mounts go but I doubt it is that wide.

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

8. Wow, There is an ad on Classiccarmarket.net this guy is advertising a 57 Nomad body only...also in so. calif. wonder if he was dealing with the same guy.....Hummm

9. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

"....plane mean"? And you have the audacity to talk about his spelling & grammar skills..

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

All of you guys English majors? My spelling,language and computer skills are not good and I make damn good money. I guess I'm just lucky. I learned a skill at an early age because I wasn't college material. I have guys working under me that have masters degrees. Don't be so quick to judge. I'm long in the tooth also. LOL. TP

11. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

I'm Still trying to get my 32 Ford 3 window doors from Don Broyles in Dayton Oh
    The car has been sold years ago
    I've been trying to get them for 25 years
    These "Thieves", who rip people off in this hobby are more common than you think
    I know how the guy with the missing frame feels.....
    I hope someone on the H.A.M.B can help him find this guy
    Good Luck.....

12. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Wagzilla good luck, hope you get what your owed!

13. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Saya a lot....for doing business with local guys.... Although, I will admit to a "local" jerk getting away with the $$ I sent him, for a "running flathead...."

Check folks out, 4TTRUK

14. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Update: We never found my frame!!! I started over, I have a new frame and corvette suspension and many parts for the build,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This will be a slow build

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.