Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Puyallup 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carbuilder, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

I'm going to the Amocat, cant aford goodguys and working any ways.....Roach.

2. I don't know if I'll make it to puyallup this year but I will for sure be at the Spokane show.

3. doubletubtrouble

doubletubtrouble

4. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Goodguys is for three days of fun 35.00 thats not a bad deal. And dont forget its for a good cause

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It's more than $35, maybe twice that. What was that good cause you're speaking of?

6. b-bob

b-bob

I'll be there, and yes it is double that $35.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

I want to know too

8. I will miss being there this year, but tomorrow I am going to be a grandfather, and there are some things that trump cars. Not many, but that does. If any of you make it to Spokane, I will see you there.

Doug

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

90 bucks registration at the event for a non Goodguys member is a bit rich for this old fart right now.
    http://www.good-guys.com/pdf/11-622/PNWN_RegForm.pdf

Or 18.00 each to walk in the gate is over my limit too.
    it might be time for them to cut out some of the things that most rodders don't give a damn about like some of the "bands" that demand big bux and cut the entry and gate fees a bit.

10. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Ok! I can`t sit back and watch everyone whine about getting in to a car show that gives you a swap meet, car show and other activities for three days. Think the fairgrounds are free?
    As a promoter of Radio Control giant airplane events I should make you guys aware of what the costs are to rent/purchase/employ all of the necessary items and personnel to make a large event happen.

It cost me $1500 just to rent 10 porta pottys for my last show not to mention two tent rentals for $1200. Plus I had to give the rules organization 20% of the gate receipts. Why do you think it costs $5.00 for a bottle of water? Everyone envolved locally has their hand out. Security, fire dept, paramedics and trash control all want a share. Someone has to pay for police to handle traffic. It`s not free.

I guess what really gets me is I attended all of the Special Events(Street Machine Nats/Street rod Nats) 20+ years ago and remember paying $65
    then and nobody bitched. I watched a lot of guys downing $8.00 beers all day at Columbus. Didn`t seem to bother them a bit. If you can`t afford the fare you picked the wrong hobby `cause there isn`t anything cheap about building rods.....Flame away.

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

And dont forget its for a good cause

12. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

And what is the Good cause?????

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

The whiners will whine no matter what you tell them.

The bottom line is that it's $45 for members for three days of a killer show. That gets the car and two people in all weekend.

Walk in is $15.

If someone thinks those prices are too high, then they are, for them.

I've had this discussion endless times and am an idiot for even writing this one more time.

Price comparisons:

Disneyland - $80 for an adult, $74 for a kid
    Movie - $9-$12 per person (for 90 minutes of potential crap)
    Dinner - $10-$20 per person at an average restaurant
    County Fair - $3-$14 PER RIDE (after paying for parking, admission, and shitty food)

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

doesn't mean I'm not going...always a great time...

15. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

That's why It's called a business. American enterprise!

16. Fourdy

Fourdy

I'll be there in my 40 tudor

Fourdy

17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Leaving tomorrow in the 48 Ply. with friends driving a 40 Ford coupe and a 32 Ply. coupe.

Attached Files:

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

I get in on Thursday morning.

Anyone going on the Poker run that I can hitch a ride with???!?!?!

19. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

That dog won`t hunt. Model aircraft guys spend $8000 -$10,000 on a competetive aircraft to win $5000 and some push it to destruction. Doesn`t make sense so it must be they want to be there so they are a part of the event.
    That`s why I go to Goodguys. Not to show my car to others but to have the opportunty to see what everyone else is bringing. I could leave my car at home and still accomplish why I came. I get to see first hand all of the cars that I look at in the magazines/TV and meet the builders that made them. They are all very approachable. Just like NSRA events. Where else can you go that has all the latest vendors and ideas in one spot?
    Rarely do I have my ass parked in a chair behind my car waiting for a compliment. Seems a waste of time if that`s your idea of attending an event. Get out and see what`s there. you`re not at your local cruise-in. You`ve already seen those.
    By the way, hope it ain`t as hot there as it is in Dayton right now.

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

The weather looks GREAT!

Friday - 71
    Saturday - 76
    Sunday - 76

Pretty much perfect!

21. carbuilder

carbuilder

You guys bitch about $45 you don't even want to here what my vendor booth cost's & related expenses for the 3 days. I don't sell enough product profit to cover 25 % of my costs for the 3 days & have been for 15 years now.

22. slammed

slammed

It's a national money making venue. With lots of overhead. Cost have gone up, like most everything in life. But stop calling them 'whiners'. Edit the pix, post the positive aspects of the product.

23. FEDER

FEDER

We will be at the Friday night Drags. Tested last Friday a 10.07-10.09-10.10 and a 10.13.
    Yea I dont get You Guys bitchen about the price either!!
    Where else can You get to see traditional Hot rods and customs. With GREAT Music
    A cool tavern with exellent deep fried oysters or good pizza all right in the show. Or Bring Your own refreshments. Cackle fest and now I heard Hookers are showing up on Sat night. And the Hotel is a short walk down the street.
    Oh sorry.------ thats HotRodORama FED

24. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

See you at the drags Daryl. I'll be looking for high nines though, so you better be in a hurry.

25. Rolf

Rolf

High nines...pffffffffttt kid stuff!

You are going to hang on for mercy when I get this sucker rolling!

...and yeah, if you don't like the price...DON"T GO!!! It's the American way, you make the choice...real simple...

26. I'll be there. A lot of nice cars and well worth the admission fee to get in.

27. Yes, it's more expensive than your home town show that is usually a one day show n' shine. This is a 3 day show, with 2,500 plus vehicles! There are also the costs of fairground rental, insurance, security, etc, etc.
    Be thankful we have the Goodguys who put on these shows all over the U.S. & publish a great magazine also.
    I can't make Puyallup this year because of work but i'am registered for Spokane, Wa GoodGuys event.
    Looking forward to meeting some H.A.M.B. members there!:D

28. Threat of sun this weekend ? Rain or shine, it's worth the price

29. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

i see you saturday night at amocat...im doin another car show that put on by a local club...

30. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Not trying to start an arguement or anything, but at the swap meets at the same place it is $35 for a swap meet stall and $5 to get in then how can they afford to operate? when goodguys cant at that price?

I'm just asking who's pocket is getting lined...