Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic Request; Dickie Flippen's 32 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SixFour, Jul 19, 2011.

1. SixFour

SixFour
    from So cal

For awhile i've been wondering what i want to put my 392 in. Today i was reading through an old rodders journal when i saw an article of this car. Immediatly i knew i what i wanted to do with my hemi.

The article only has a few shots of the car, and i was wondering if anyone had any more pictures of it? Maybe of it even at the track back in the day?

Says he sold the car back in 75' and its whereabouts now are unknown, maybe one of you hambers know where it went to.

Heres a couple pictures of it from The Rodders Journal..

Attached Files:

2. Clark

Clark

Not 100 percent sure but I think the car was found. Might have been in a more recent rodder's journal.
    Clark

3. Yup, the car was found and the guy doesn't want to sell it. But why not call Dickie? He's alive and well, and still hot rodding. Lives here in Richmond.

4. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

God i love that car! if anyone would know anything about it it would be JeffreyJames he loves that car more than i do!

5. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

HAHA i have it saved to my computer! I wish my 32 Chevy could one day look like that!

7. SixFour

SixFour
    from So cal

Nice, Thanks guys. If u come up with any more pictures feel free to post them.
    Im thinking a model A set up similar to this would be just the ticket! That'll be the next project. As soon as I finish the current one haha

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Isn't Littleman setting up a Model A like this called War Pig? He might have some inspiration as well as Dickie Flippen's coupe.

Also Dickie drew most of his inspiration from the Chrisman Coupe which is in fact a Model a with a '36 windshield so take a look there. Check out the new issue of Hot Rod Deluxe for some really detailed pics....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one of Dickie's coupe for good measure...
    [​IMG]

Jet96 likes this.