Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does this look like a stock intake for a 302, or aftermarket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clintonvillian, Jul 19, 2011.

1. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

The guy has rigged the 2bbl on there, but I'm not sure what the intake is...

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. I would need to see it cleaned up a bit but from where I sit it looks like a high rise single plane intake. My guess would be aftermarket.

3. rebelrat

rebelrat

^^^^ x2 ^^^^^

4. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

Well I thought so too, is it worth anything........

meaning if I choose to rebuild would it be worth using???

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

hard to tell from the pics but carb looks cocked to one side which leads me to believe it would be an old edelbrock torker ! the carbs sat twisted a little on the torker ! cleaned up and bead blasted if thats what it is maybe 100 bucks

6. definitely aftermarket, until you clean all the crap off it and see what brand it is, everyone would just be guessing as to it's value as a manifold.

7. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

Ok, I'll get it cleaned up and look for some ID.......

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

It's either an Edelbrock Torker or Tarantula. Pine needle removal necessary for a positive I.D........

9. voodoo1

voodoo1

A four barrel intake with a two barrel adapter plate and carb. Clean it up and use it or sell it it. carb is worth a few bucks also.

10. Of course it is worth something. I keeps the oil in the lifter valley and holds the carb up.

better to tell once you get it cleaned up, at the very least cleaned off. it will probably have something that tells you what it is right out in plain sight.

11. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Noone else noticed that masterful wiring job on the firewall? :rolleyes:

12. oj

oj

302? Did they come with mechanical fuel pumps? Maybe its' a 289. Ford junk carb for sure and i think its sitting on a torker.

13. oj

oj

I thought those were color-coded vines!

14. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

LOL, yeah the guy I got this thing some only cared about one thing. That it got him from A to B. He had a 4 barrel on it and it caught on fire so he switched it.

And I forgot to mention that this motor is mixed up.....it's a 75 302, with 69 289 heads...

15. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Oh WOW!!! So your saying the fuel lines are in about as good a shape as the wiring? :eek:

16. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

He said it sloshed the fuel out of the bowl when he would hit a bump........

17. George

George

If it came with a carb.

18. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I figured that was just where he kept his spare wire in case he needed some for a job.

19. voodoo1

voodoo1

So are you buying the whole truck, just the motor, or just the manifold? Does it run, did it run, does it turn over? In the end what are your plans for it? Mike

20. They did in '68.

21. Of course they did. They built 302's from 1968 until 2001 and they had carbs available until 1986

22. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

The motor ran.........it turns freely now, not seized up. Im debating on building this or a 300.....I'd like to sell as much of this stuff as I can and put towards a 300........

23. George

George

Last year for the 289 was '68....

24. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

hmm then i don't know what year they are, going off what the guy I bought it from said. Are they stamped?

25. No those are cast.:D:D:D

They will have numbers cast into them between the rocker towers if I recall. Even if it is all 289 it would be worth using and it is already paid for. They could be pretty snappy engines without much work.

26. chriseakin

chriseakin

Wiring? I thought it was an explosion of coloured string!
    Chris

27. The heads will have both a casting number and either 289 or 302 cast into them 9221's and 26's did not have the size cast in) between the valve area

28. Larry T

Larry T

Nothing wrong with an Autolite 2bbl carb. About the simplist, most bullet proof carb ever built.
    But not for a hotrod engine or intake.
    JMO
    Larry T

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  29. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

a single-plane high-rise intake and an autolite 2bbl with an adapter. The engineering gods are angered.

30. clintonvillian

clintonvillian
    BANNED

YOU GUYS NAILED IT, edelbrock 289 torker. Anyone got any specs on this.......all i can find is torker 2 info.......

wonder if it would put enough air through for a 331 stroker.......