Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roger Miret's 54 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuManchu, Dec 25, 2010.

1. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

2. hotdamn

hotdamn

like so many others have said, you stepped this 54 up big time!

So many dudes butcher 53/54 chevy's and you did this one all sorts of justice and then some. I know your bummed but remember bro the only thing that comes out of negativity is negativity.

Keep ya chin up and when you get out keep up the hard work.

Hell ask Alex he'll tell ya.

Stay focused bro.

3. eric

eric

BTTT for you Mike!
    proud of you and all the hard work in this car dude!

4. Just like others have mentioned...you have stretched yourself over this project. Success is not a destination, but a journey! So glad we got to meet last year. And thanks again for helping with "Barney". :cool:
    JT

5. Phxsinner

Phxsinner

DON'T GIVE UP BRO!!!! This build is all you and there are plenty of people that I am sure are ready to bring there car for you to work your magic with. This build thread is unlike any other and I was hoping to be one of the next in line to come and see you and have you do my truck next!!! Take the 4 months with DOC and take the time to draw design and start master planning the next vehicle you are gonna make all of our jaws drop with and hopefully that will be my '39!!!

Plus, at least with DOC you will be in an semi air conditioned enviroment and not at Tent City, so i am sure you will have some time to think and not have your brain melting away in the heat.

Good Luck to you and i definitely know that you have some future customers that are hoping you do not give this career up....

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

mike your work makes me speechless wish we had you up here we'd realy be a wrecking crew rodger should be vary proud of you and this car its amazing and mike your a bigger man than most!!!!!

7. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Just like "Indawatinroom" said, you dont know some of us from nowhere, just some key board dudes from different corners of somewhere. We all see it man, YOU WIN.
    You should have a good talk with Gambino about these ''challanges" your experiencing. That dude is pretty wise to all of them. You know as well as the rest of us, the paint job only refelcts the prep work. You fucking killed it on this car man. I understand where you are coming from on wanting to complete your vision, but Gambino is quite a complement to this whole build. You've got my vote. Sorry for the ramble, I'll go fuck off now. All the best too you.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  8. hotdamn

hotdamn

you know not to cop on Alex's nuts too hard here but I would be waaay stoked if I built something that was dialed enough that Alex was gonna paint it.

do your time, put that shit behind you and then do your thing bro.

9. Sweet ride. Awesome work. Nice of Alex to step in.
    I can't wait to see it finished

10. msalamanca

msalamanca

Mike, dude dont give up. The fact that your chasing your dream, and doing what you love is worth more then money. I know that doesnt always pay the bills though. I started doing custom work 13 years ago, I went to school and the teacher worked at custom shops, we spent most hours of the class doing old cars and shooing the other students. I got burnt at 21 for a grip of money (at the time my stuff was getting awards), I left the job and trade. 6 years ago I worked a King Double Bass. I know you have been doing it longer, but thats character man.
    I gave up everything and played upright bass, toured the world, lived out of a suit case, and at times slept in the worst of places, but i loved it, then started getting paid. Have taken some time off to re group but have started my own band, so I am not dependent on others acting like they are in charge.
    So anyways you dont know me I dont know you. I recently got a shoebox, one of my dream cars. I am working on it and I cant believe I let the trade go. You have a real gift my friend, your still alive today, so even though you have had money issues at times, it hasnt killed you. You have plenty of peeps here that would love to get there car done by you.
    4 months will fly by, dont lose site. When you get back start it again or find a place that will let you express your artistic skills in the trade.
    I know for a fact when I look back, even though I blew things off at times, I can say I lived on my feet and didnt die on my knees.

11. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Mike... Alex is an awesome dude, and is only going to accentuate the work and soul YOU have put into this car. It's going to be amazing, and you should be proud as fuck. Keep fighting the good fight man. You have soooo many skills, and quite a refreshing vision!!!

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

DUUUUUUUUUDE!!! Absolutely BEYONd killer!!! Really great work and GREAT VISION!!!! Congrats on getting so close!!!! :D

13. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Updates? This is one of my favorite builds

14. my english is bad so not many words , just thumbs up from fucking switzerland. Guys all over the world see your work and like it. Men thats a lot, even it dont does pay your bills i know. Kind of a similiar situation here in a completly other biz. Allwasy i am in a situation like you i listen blackflag and agnostic front and you work on the car of roger ? Kind of sarcastic

15. FuManchu

FuManchu
    from Mesa AZ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all the well wishes. I wish I could go quote by quote, but I go into custody in a few hours, If anyone feels like writing, hit me up on a PM, my girl will get the info to me.

I think the reflection down the side is nailed. Looks like we are gonna hold off until I get out to finish it, so no LB Motorama, Maybe GNRS?

16. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

You are a true craftsman!! Nice to hear you WILL get to finish it!!

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Man the tailights are so freakin nice! Really glad to hear you will be able to see the project through. Good luck man, stay strong.

18. I'm glad you're going to get to finish it. Shit man, maybe you should go work with Alex. He'll see to it you stay straight and don't get in trouble. I bet he'll let you do your thing and you can hine like a new penny there. Don't give up, you've got true ability and should be able to go places in the custom world.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Keep your chin up and your head down in the clink . Great work and we're all proud of the work you did and are expecting great things from you when you get off your "County vacation". Take care, JJ

20. D.G.F

D.G.F
    from Las Vegas

Badass im glad there waiting till you get out! can wait to see to see it finished.

21. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

damn nice work. it is awesome they are letting you finish it!!!!! good luck!!

22. Sixshooter45

Sixshooter45

Stellar work. You are a craftsman with a great eye for elegance. Look forward to you getting back and finishing that awesome car.

23. Just Jarrod

Just Jarrod

Great thread! I opened it initially because I'm a huge AF and Disasters fan. The detailed journey through this build is incredible. Good luck through the finish!

24. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

As I said before, Amazing vision, work and exacution bro! You built one of a kind...its going to get painted by a pro. Use that "down" time to invision your next build man, the begining stages of self employment are usually rough but you have skills brotha...dont let them go to waste if you dont have too! Keep us posted!

25. Great Build, great talent. Good Luck, look forward to you getting back on this car in the future.

26. sixpack_2_go

sixpack_2_go

if you don't mind me asking, what diameter rod did you use to make outline for the top of the headlights? i'm doing 55 headlights on my car and could use all the help i can get. thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  27. sixpack_2_go

sixpack_2_go

if you don't mind me asking, what diameter rod did you use to make outline for the top of the headlights? i'm doing 55 headlights on my car and could use all the help i can get. thanks
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

28. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Hey sixpack... read a few posts up and you'll see that Mike is going to be offline until November.

29. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Any update on this car? Man, this thing looks killer. I want to see it in paint! Hopefully you're outta da pokey and cranking away on this thing.

30. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

I neeeeed to bump this to the first page because I MUST know what is the status on this bad boy?!?! Any one got any updates or something?!?!