Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Syracuse Nationals Coverage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chop50chevy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

As my HAMB worthy car is not yet on the road, I loaded up the O/T car with the wife, two boys (almost 6 and almost 3), and our gear and spent a great two days (very HOT days) at the show. Here are a few pics I took for you all to enjoy.

Andy (chop50chevy)

My Buddies '60 Chevy with a dual quad 283 and 4-speed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This '56 Dodge is owned by a young kid, I think I heard he is just 15. Great to see him getting a good start!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My boys with the Doodlebugs. My older son loves tractors, so Doodlebugs are a hit with him.
    [​IMG]

My buddy Dirt's deuce down from Canada
    [​IMG]

Love the tin woody
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone tell me about this car? I read the sticker and forgot what it said (I will blame the heat).
    [​IMG]

It looks like an old kit or homemade sports car with a supercharged early HEMI...
    [​IMG]

This '40 is perfect IMHO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More up in a few...

2. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My son loves Scobby Doo. The Mystery Machine made his day!
    [​IMG]

'41 Plymouth's will always be a favorite of mine
    [​IMG]

Each had it's own trans, and it looked like a chain drive tied them together. Maybe like a twin engine boat?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually kind of like the wood roof insert on this A. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

The old codger that had had this '59 bought it new and used the old "wanna see the bill of sale so I can sneak a kiss on your wife's cheek move." We were saved when an even younger girl walked by... I promised my wife I won't act that way (until I am at least 80). I would gladly give the $2800 he paid for it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marty Pierson's Buick... his son had it at the show in his memory. RIP Marty[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

And just a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all - enjoy!

Andy (chop50chevy)

4. 76cam

76cam

Thanks for posting.That car with the two mopar engines is just what you call BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!

5. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Dang! Some really cool cars there.

7. FC49

FC49

Great photos! I was there all day and didn't see most of the cars you posted. That wood-topped A sedan is Gene Millella's (Rochester, NY) latest creation. Why it wasn't a Top 100 beats me, but I'd have a tough time picking the best hundred from all the quality rolling stock there.

That purple sports car with the McCulloch-blower Hemi was built in the Buffalo, NY area in 1956, and is now owned by the builder's daughter, and it's been restored to it's original form. Body panels are from various 40s cars, frame is early Ford. Motor is a 331.

Here's a few of my own pics.
    The Good, The Badass, and The Ugly:

Frank C.

[​IMG]
    One of several superb showboxes seen.

[​IMG]Interior of the above Fifty Ford.

[​IMG]Chev wagon from Quebec. Owner did a spectacular job on the wood-grain painting. Good to see it's not a lost art.

[​IMG]Interesting, to say the least. 40 P/U with a early 70s Eldo engine/transaxle sitting in the bed. There was another rear-engine P/U in the Top 100, a Chevy with an LS in the bed.

[​IMG]Details of the rear-engine set-up.

[​IMG]What can you say about a BBC-stuffed Metro? Built by Rodger Purdy of New Jersey.

[​IMG]Who doesn't love early Ford P/Us?

[​IMG]Certainly one-of-a-kind. I'm assuming it's a restored 1950s custom. Can't imagine anyone doing this today. But that's me.

[​IMG]Great story on this one. Built in 1956 by 16-year-old Joe Englert. I'll let him tell it:
    http://www.penfieldclassof60.com/Englert.htm

[​IMG]I know, I know. It was interesting, tho. Scissors mechanism lifts body to show off the Caddy Northstar FWD set-up.

[​IMG]Geez, how much Mary Kay do you have to sell to get one of these?

[​IMG]Just had to include this one. Offered without comment.

[​IMG] Street legal stock car races in vintage track events, and just by removing the headlamp covers, you're ready for the road. Engine is warmed over Ford 390 FE.

[​IMG] Not many Grahams around.

[​IMG]Perfect. Even the color.

[​IMG]Gary Buehler's (Pulteneyville, NY) latest ride. One more Speed Queen on the road.

[​IMG]Buehler's engine. His previous cars made the Top 12 in past years.

[​IMG]Rear view of Gary Buehler's Sedan.

[​IMG]The less said, the better.

[​IMG]OK, it's off-topic, but this guy deserves a mention for his effort at a home-brew SuperBird. Pictures don't do it justice, but neither did seeing it in "person."

Great show, as always. I doubt I could have seen it all if I took 3 days.

Frank C.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  8. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

Frank, thanks for the info on the little sports car. Cool story. That lakes style purple '33 belongs to a guy that used to be in our club in the Elmira area. Neat car, people either love or hate the color. The guy Roger bought it from pesters him every year to buy it back, and every year Roger tells him "no, thanks!"

9. FC49

FC49

I have another story from the Syr show, but I need to get some names first. It involves a friend who reconnected with a drag car he raced in the mid-60s.

Frank C.

10. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Anybody know the dates for next years show? I wanted to book my rooms but didn't know what the dates where.

11. redzula

redzula

some cools cars there and looked like a cool venue.

the gold A 5 window from the first set of pics was catching my eye those wheels looked gold plated maybe

12. FC49

FC49

They do look plated but I'm pretty sure they're powder-coated. They really set that car off.

Frank C.

13. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Perhaps there aluminium wheels and there gold anadized?

14. tex34ford

tex34ford

nice pics of some good looking cars, what did you use to take them? I tried to download one as a screen saver and all I got was a squished picture, craziest thing thing I've seen.

15. lay-one

lay-one
    BANNED
    from pa

spray on gold chrome

16. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

this is a model T not a model a... thanks for the pics though!

17. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for the pics guys!

18. These are 2011 pictures.

19. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Hey Rusty. I thought that I was loosing my mind. I was there all 3 days and didn't see most of the cars in the Pix ! ! ! ! 2011 would make much more sense. Thanx for the
    reality check .

VR&C.

20. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for sharing the excellent pix. What a cool deal, I am an older geezer and it just amazes me that we can see a East Coast show in great detail with in days sometimes only hours. Cool beans! ~sololobo~

21. CruZer

CruZer

Me ,too. It took me until I got to the Winfield picks to realize something was wrong !!!

22. Every post on the HAMB is time and date stamped at the upper left of the post. Every post in this thread before the post correcting the model T sedan is dated from 2011. Keep drinking that beer, buddy, it's doing you wonders.