Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's your favoite engine rebuilder in Southern California?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedy Muertito, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Speedy Muertito

Speedy Muertito

of course you will ask, "well depends on what your building".

I have an Olds 330 out of a late 60's olds F85. It's in my 30 Coupe.

It runs great, I've driven it all over without any problems. Never been left on the side of road.

I'm starting to break the car apart to get it cleaned up and done to look nice and clean and proper.

It looks dirty, and rusty. So I thought I might as well get it rebuilt, so it's fresh with the car.

Some have suggested I switch to a 350. But I like the idea of keeping the Olds. it's kind unique and runs great. might cost more? ok.

Looking forward to the feedback! Thank you

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. jipp

jipp

i have no answer for a builder.. but yeah i recommend keeping the olds over a 350. everyone has a 350 yawn ( guilty, im sure i have a 350 in something. laughs).. heh, im sure around here you will hear the same.. everyone seems to like the old engines.. i can see why tho.. they sure do look and sound cool. and if something works why change it.

sounds like a fresh up will be great for your project.

chris.

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Send "Groucho", here on the hamb, a PM. His shop is in Sun Valley next to Burbank.

4. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

The suggestion to swap to a 350 was very correct. Not a 350 chevy but a 350 Olds. The 350 is the same basic motor as your 330 & is a direct interchange. The later 350's were designed for unleaded fuel and were made for many years and an easy junk yard find.
    As for my favorite engine re builder = Me

5. mazhiwei85st

mazhiwei85st

Everyone has a 350-yawning (guilt, IM sure my stuff 350. Laugh) .. Hey, I'm here, you will hear the same .. everyone seems to like the old engine .. I can see to why they are definitely Tho .. look, it sounds cool. If anything works, why change it. Sounds like a fresh up for your project will be great. Chris.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Charlie Bennett machine shop in El Centro. A long ride, but worth it. you won't find a nicer, more knowledgeable guy in the valley. And if you go there, tell him hi from Alex and Linda.:)

7. Rick at Valley Engine & Machine in Fountain Valley - 714 964-1344
    Between Rick and Clint they have about 100 years experience and they do everything from Ferrari's to Packards - Straight 8's to Double overhead cam whizbangs.
    Just did my 410 FE motor

8. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Want the down and dirty on an Olds engine, only one guy, Gene Adams.

1940 Willys Coupe

9. el shad

el shad

Holy Hell! You know Charlie? My family is from the valley and he is a family friend. He did all my sprint motors. He would even drive over here to Yuma if I had any issues.

On of the last honest men.

10. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

11. Speedy Muertito

Speedy Muertito

thanks for all the tips!

12. Yep. he built our racing motors when we lived in the valley. He's one of a kind. His motor's are still running in new england and florida. stout.

13. :):cool::)

Attached Files: