Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Drove thru the parking lot in my flamed 57 chevy and heard a 2 year old, "Daddy, its got fire!"

2. burnout2614

burnout2614

An older southern belle saw my 33 one day and said s l o w l y '"I waz cone-ceived in a cah just like that one" I thought I was gonna bust a gut! peace

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That is so true. I still remember some of the cars in Spearfish, South Dakota when I was in elementary school in the mid '60s; a blue "Telephone Booth" T with front fenders attached, motorcycle style, a red '55 Chevy with blue tinted windows, a '65 or '66 Plymouth with a 426 Hemi , an early '50s Chevy Kustom and my favorite, a red '55 or '56 Ford Victoria, nose high, no front bumper, Y block and chrome reverse wheels. I will never forget those cars or the sounds they made. The guy with the hemi worked at a Standard gas station just down the street from our house and he would just ROAST those tires going up the hill! I'm smiling just remembering them!

4. fueling the car up and a well endowed lady sticks her upper body in the windownext to me and starts talking

5. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I was out to eat with BigO, with his 35 Chevy. We come walking out and two little old ladies were sitting on the bench. The one lady said she liked his VW bug! I thought I was going to die. I told him , she probably lost her virginity in his car.Still an ongoing joke.Sorry Mike ololololool

6. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

had the hood up on my old ot '70 satellite 383 big block pistol grip car. some hillbilly wanders in the yard, looks under the hood and asks me if its got a 350, i told him to get the hell out of my yard! thinkin back it was pretty funny.[​IMG]

7. jamesandrewjohnson

jamesandrewjohnson
    from Iowa

I was expecting a hillbilly to stare right down at the "383" air cleaner and yell, "It's got a Hemi!!" A 350, though... he must of been on the dumber side of most hillbillys... and that's saying a lot.

8. Master of None

Master of None

"YOU RUINED THAT CAR!" yelled to me by an elderly woman while I was in a parade. She was so upset that she followed be down the street for a bit.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

When I was a kid at around ten years old [1958] not much happened at my end of town, cows, tractors and vegatables...A really nice [like I seen in the mags] 51 Merc full custom, dark maroon, chopped, low and laked stopped at the roadside vegetable stand I was "maning"..Two James Dean looking guys are in it..The driver gets out, leans on the roof and asks directions; he looked pretty hoodlum but was polite, thanked me, the passenger said "Tanks bud" [or something close] and they drove off in the direction I pointed [if one can stammer and point I did it]...A few weeks later a 41' Ford convert, marroon, chopped top, solid grill inserts, low and laked passed by, the passenger gave me a big wave..I figure it was the same two guys...25 years later I saw the 41' in a "club" garage..On the opposite side I've had several young adults all giggly to see my car that they had seen when they were kids, a permant mind eching so to speak just as happened to me...Maybe even one was the one that I saw tugging on his mother's skirt saying, "Mommy, look!" as I drove by..No doubt in my mind that echings are made every time we take the cars out....

10. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Had a kid look at my car (about 10 or 11) and act like he was talking shop to me... "Nice car... she just needs some rims, though..." and I made it a point to tell him that NO, this car had STEEL rims and that was ALL it was getting. If i wanna dress it up, I'll stick on hubcaps, but rImZ are ignorant on a 50s car... Well, any car, really.

11. jamesandrewjohnson

jamesandrewjohnson
    from Iowa

I think I'd have to disagree... I personally think Radirs and Cragars tend to look pretty good on a hot rod as long as they fit with the rest of the car, although I think a set of steel wheels painted red, some chrome baby moon hubcaps, and a set of whitewalls look the best on a hot rod if you're going to change the wheels any.

12. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

This is great! I laughed my ass off. Thanks, Dude.

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

I keep a low profile in my some what stock old trucks.I'm friendly if asked ,the usual comment about my 50 Chevy PU is "have you started restoration yet" ? The Avatar 51 Willys attracts the 4x4 crowd and they seem to appreciate the well used appearance of the truck.

14. oldcarkook

oldcarkook
    from Bahstin

Telling people that my '51 GMC has a voice activated starter system, then with both hands on the wheel looking straight at them standing next to the window looking in, I smile, say out loud "engine start" and hit the toe/heel starter at the same time. Jaw dropping - works every time. Nobody has a clue about a toe/heel starter in most of this modern world.

15. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

So , I didnt know Cuba Gooding Jr. was a HAMB member!!!!:rolleyes: , Did you like doing the movie "Boyz In The Hood"?:rolleyes: , You shouldn't lie like that to your dad though , cuz remember this...."any man with a d%#k can father a child , but , it takes a real man to raise his kids"....Oh , and by the way , don't leave Ricky alone in an alley while going to the store , might be the last time you see him alive.....:rolleyes:

16. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

the one i get the most is, "whats it go in it?", "O, idk, i think the big black vinyl that says 340 on my hood has something to do with the engine but im not really sure."

I always get the international hand jester to burn em' all the time too, then they get upset when i dont and tell them they can give me some money for my next clutch and tires and i will.

Had some dumb@$$ kid ask me if that orange muscle car he see's around town is mine, i sad ya then he told me he wants to steal it, i told him he could try but he didn't go any farther with it. Amazes me how dumb some people can be though and they think they can say anything to anyone and not have any repercussions.

"i know my cars not hamb appropriate"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  17. driving down a motorway over here in the Uk in my A roadster..doing around 50 in the slow lane... a boxster pull up level and the bald guy driving calls me an F*****G C**T......now that may be true but he don't even know me......so i look at his car and point out he obviously couldn afford a 911 and floored the A...he jacked at 135!!

18. dirtbag63

dirtbag63

I commute on Hiway 50 daily in my 30 modelA rpu. On more than one occasion I have had people filming me and taking pictures. Best ever was driving to work in my bagged 63 cadillac and had to older guys pace me for a couple of miles then give me thumbs up as the took off in their GT40! I couldnt believe they were digging my car given what they were driving.

19. jamesandrewjohnson

jamesandrewjohnson
    from Iowa

Wow, that's crazy:eek:, assuming it was actually a GT40 and not a 2006 GT.

20. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

My favorite is when I passed a young brother and sister while I was driving my '40 sedan. The boy was probably 5 or 6 and the girl was maybe 7 or 8. They were both riding bike and the sister was riding behind her brother when her brother stopped. The poor girl ran right into the kid and they both fell over with their bikes. The little brother got right back up and kept on staring. priceless.

21. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

I love watching usually reserved, older folks come unglued. They visibly get excited and stare like kids. Of course, I do the same thing...

22. COULD BE LOVE!
    One Sunday I took my 36 Ford for a spin into Oklahoma City. After months of work I finished the paint - time for a road trip! Dark green with wide whites. Pretty much a stock car - even had the mechanical brakes (suck!). A solo trip, my then wife stayed home. Not much traffic that day as I pulled off interstate and stopped at a light. Just then two lovely sisters rolled up beside in some jelly bean car. I looked over and they went nuts! Yelling and waving! Big ear to ear smiles! We talked for awhile before they sped off. Thats been over twenty years and I still think about it! Still have that car but had to trade off the wifey.....
    Things work out!

23. Some years ago I sold my best friend's sister a maroon 1968 Barracuda Formula S. It was on our family's used car lot for only a couple of days and she snapped it up.
    It was pure stock, only about 2 years old and extremely cherry.
    She was an elementary school teacher teaching the poor and underprivileged kids in Boston's poorer neighborhood.
    She arrives at school next morning after taking delivery of it and this little boy, about 8 years old is all over it while Patricia is idling into the schools parking lot.
    Once everyone is seated in her classroom the little boy announces to the class ...."Hey everyone, Miss Zona's gots a new car and it's gots pipes!"

24. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I was on my way to work one afternoon and I was sitting at a stop light in my ole pickup and this kid was sitting in his moms minivan. The whole time he was just starring and then I seen him tap his mom on the shoulder. She looks over at me then looks at the son and then looks back at me and smiles. I've wondered what that kid said. Probably something like, "look at that poor guy." But I'd like to think he said "Mom look at that cool truck......."

25. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Back in the late 70's I pulled into a small store parking lot in my 34 ford coupe. An older gentleman sitting on a bench told me " Son, that car has got them PANTY doors on it. We loved them back when I was young." I laughed and agreed with him.

26. Rosetr

Rosetr
    Member Emeritus

I rarely get on the computer but I find it amazing how much I find out about wingnutz from this site.:)

All in all he considers everybody on this site as his close friends and he'll pray when someone is in need and he'll swear like a sailor when someone is acting like a nob!

Again... you're all car guys and that ain't all that bad!

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for being understanding Rosetr ;)

28. I was driving down the road in my 1968 12 second Firebird and a Mustang 5 0 pulles up beside me and gives a little gas. I blipped my throttle like 5 or 6 times and the nose comes up and drops a few times and the guy in the passenger seat says. Wholy shit, he's got hydraulics!!! Gotta love the torque of Pontiacs. The next light he was beside me and when the light turned green, I smoked him big time. They pulled back up at the next light and said thats one of the fastest cars they have seen and all gave the thumbs up. Turns out the Mustang even had a small supercharger on it but didn't stand a chance to my good ol Pontiac.

29. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

A few weeks back I was driving through town and a kid was at the curb with his mom, I could see him tugging at her shirt saying "look at that". Least week an old man wrecked into an old friends mailbox, he walked up to the car and said, "yup, my folks had one just like this" he didn't seem to care he had just ruined his modern shit box.

30. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

I had a grin about the old man for a day or two, my car isn't even that nice...