Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 MELTDOWN DRAGS -VINTAGE DRAG MEET- July 23-Byron, IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Meltdown Website hits today...

824 hits!!! Still 2 hours to go!

WOW!!!

2. bgas56

bgas56

Big J,
    The wiring harness is mint.Thanks for for the concern.
    Should I install a more intense tail light for you to follow me down the track?

3. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Mike, that should be an awesome race between your 56 and the Haulin ass 56. It'll be like Jurassic Park 4

4. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

yea I like that, a couple old dinosaurs going to do battle to find the KING of the hill

5. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Hey Bgas56, I think the Handgrenade might just make it down the track one more time, long enough to show you the cool artwork Von Hartman painted on the trunk lid. Whata ya think.

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

7. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Yeah, I think I still have those really cool shades. Unfortunately they don't have tri-focal lenses.
    I have been resurfacing my driveway, two 9 inch swaths at a time. My neighbors are not amused. ;)

8. bgas56

bgas56

Rich,
    Your challenge is accepted.

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Well.....At least the neighbors won't be calling the cops about a non-operable car on your property...... :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

By the way....Do you have any other cool old pics of the 57? At the dragstrip, or otherwise?

Here are a couple of brother Larry's 59, from when he built the dual quad 301. :cool::cool::cool: Now if he would just get started on his new 59.

Attached Files:

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

11. Nice vintage pics (of the 59).

It is cool to see just how things were back then.

12. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Here is a pic of Larry's 56 which preceded the 59. I have some more dragstrip pics which I will have to scan.

Attached Files:

13. Zaq

Zaq

I should be there, no car, but cant wait to see some runs!
    Hopin some good stuff for sale there too.

14. I just spoke to Dave and he said that it looks like the Swindler II might be at the Meltdown Drags!:D

He also said he was just at Beaver Springs and Tompson Raceway where he was talking up the Meltdown Drags! Over 100 people asked where is the next cool event and he told them all Meltdown Drags!

He will be at the Meltdown taking pictures for an article that WILL be in Gasser Wars Magazine.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  15. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

One week and counting.....lookin' forward to one of the best events to come along! See ya' there....................................

Attached Files:

• 143.JPG
      143.JPG
      File size:
      83.2 KB
      Views:
    • 144.JPG
      144.JPG
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
  16. Well, actually it is less than a week:D

Weather forcast looks promising.

17. Here is a copy of the schedule and a map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Here's a couple shots of the 57 at Havana (note the functional tow bar tabs) and one of Chuck's 55 which is will be there.
    Bob

Attached Files:

19. SLCK64

SLCK64

.....not gonna be racing or be with my car.....spun a fucking bearing.....wtf...

...but ill still be there to support you guys! Shooting for cordova Aug 6 then gonna party up at the Symco Shakedown the week after.

20. ABATES

ABATES
    from illinois

Is it alright to run a 56 buick that might turn a 20sec. run???????? Never ran before but love to participate and have a great time.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think as long as it meets the show's criteria and passes tech, I think it would be OK. No one said anything about how slow, er, fast cars need to be.

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

ABATES.....absolutely....NO ONE cares how fast or slow your car is...just come and have a great time. We have a stock class and Hot Rod class so and I know of a 50 ford and an f100 that are running 18-20 seconds...which is cool! In reality there were alot of cars competing in the stock classes back in the day...so bring it down!!

23. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Slow cars are fun cars too get it out there and strech it legs

24. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I cant wait for saturday......

Rain or shine be there! If there is any rain the track will do its best to dry it off. If its to hot for you there is icecream, shakes, floats & sundays at the burger stand plus the burgers are great!!!!!

I know these guys have and are busting there asses to give you a great show. So come out and show your support. I would not back this if I didnt beleive in it!

Ill be doing tech again this year come over say Hi

Eric Ryan Thank you guys...

25. GH

GH

To AAfuel34Ford, I replyed to an older thread about the World Gasser Championship drags at Bandimere. I was there, ran a yellow 41 Willys coupe in A/GS. I was the slowest of the 4 cars in the class, but, I was the luckiest and won it. I was also at the 1999 Event in St. Louis, I was asleep at the light and big Al Chernik put it on me.

26. SLCK64

SLCK64

So where should we park if we are wanting to camp on Sat night?

27. The Meltdown Drags in the Line Chaser, the MSRA magazine:

Attached Files:

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Well.....You asked for it......:D:D:D

Here are some more pics of my 55, not at the track, but the day after. Won 2nd place in the trophy class at Mid State Dragway in Havana ILL. This was in 1986.

The last pic is from 1972 when it was in Somers Point New Jersey. This was before I owned it and shows that it is an original black car, and not an American Graffitti wanna-be. :cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

29. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Really cool 55....there will be a ton of Shoeboxes on Saturday to check out!!!

Damm, the all black steel wheels look cool!!

30. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

James, THANK YOU for all your help and support....as we have said all along...this event is put on For Hot Rodders....By Hot Rodders......it truly makes a difference....

Firing the Shiftmaster tomorrow night fingers crossed.....no other issues.