Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome Insurance anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clubcoupe37, Jul 15, 2011.

1. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

has any one dealt with the Chrome Insurance company? I was with Hagerty for many years and found that Chrome was 200 or more less than hagerty....sooo...they now say i need an appraiser..so, anyone a licensed appraiser in chattanooga area or north ga? now I know why hagerty was a little higher than most.....never had to deal with this hassle..

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Call Grundy. No bs.

3. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

I also had Hagerty, saved $200 with Grundy. Had a kid back in to me, his father said he wanted to pay for repair, then would not pay estement. Called Grundy, they sent an appraser out in a few days and had a check in a week. Great service and no increse in premium.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

5. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

thanks for the advise on Grundy, I called them..and their sending me the forms....do they have to have an appraiser?

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Nope, agreed value.

7. didn't need an appraiser when i got insurance from grundy.

8. RHOPPER

RHOPPER

I just insured my F1 and wound up going with Chubb. Hagerty was way expensive, grundy has too may restrictions. Chrome had a good price, but only if you put your other cars on the policy, too. The chrome agent was using my F1 to try and get all my other insurance business, auto, homeowners, life, etc. Chubbs price was only a few buck higher than grundy, but the restrictions were significantly less.

9. Ohio Rodder

Ohio Rodder

I've been with J.C. Taylor for a long time and have been pleased with them.

10. ls7gto

ls7gto

I fell asleep on july 1st and hit a tree with my 56 olds88, I have nothing , and i mean nothing bad to say about hagerty. i sit here still with a trache tube and lots of injuries, but my coverage is the last thing im worried about.
    To bad the car isnt fixable....but im still alive.

11. ls7gto

ls7gto

Just wanted to say, worry more about coverage , and how the treat you, than the bottom line.

12. Grundy for me also. Chrome was more expensive by significant amount. Lots of good reports on Grundy from HAMB'ers. No personal claim experience for me.

13. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I have Chrome on all my cars, claims are handled quickly, no hassle, no mileage restrictions, their homeowners is not as good (sucks)

14. I've only had experience with Hagerty, but have had them for about ten years. I had one claim where I loaned my car to a buddy of mine to take to a show (he had just sold his and didn't have a replacement yet) and he ran over something in the road, tore the RF tire up and subsequently the RF fender got banged up. Hagerty simply asked "Did he have your permission to drive the car?" I said "Yes" and they sent an appraiser out a day or so later and maile me a check a few days later. Extremely happy with them and how they treated me.
    Unfortunately I've found that cheaper is not always better. I learned that with my homeowner's insurance (and I DO have the houses and the daily drivers all bundled together). The only homeowner's claim that I ever had was maddeningly frustrating. It took thirty phone calls and hours of explaining the situation before they finally made it right.