Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Headed to Destin Florida-anything to see there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobra!tx, Jul 17, 2011.

1. cobra!tx

cobra!tx

Headed to Destin Florida next week and was wondering if there is anything going on at that time or anything I should go see ?Figured someone on here has to live there.Not sure how the car scene is there but want to check it out-thanks for the input

2. slepe67

slepe67

Car scene? No. Tourist scene for sure. I live about 25 miles west of destin and avoid it like the plague. Nice place to visit but wouldnt live there. Great nightlife. make sure your cooling system is up to par. Traffic on good ole 98 can be brutal.

3. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Sand..........that's about it.......... Wait and go when they have "CRUSIN ON THE COAST" then you will have a great time......

4. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Go to destintourism.com and see if there is anything happening. I know they have a thing at some park on weekends, and sometimes on the boat docks area. They have a seafood festival in October, I think.

6. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

Hadji Shrines 18th Annual Car Show

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Event Dates: July 23, 2011 - July 23, 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Location: Pensacola, Florida[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Classic Cars- Muscle Cars- Street Rods- and you name it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Food and drinks on grounds. 36 Different Classes [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]8am till 800 West Nine Mile Rd. Pensacola, Fla.32534[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Phone: 850-324-2778/ 850-393-3035
    [/FONT]
    I don't know how long you will be in the area, but this is a pretty good show with all kinds of vehicles if you wanted to drive to Pensacola. There are usually cruise ins in the Panama City area.

Look up Florida Mopars and see what they have going on. They are in the P.C. area. Have fun and be careful.

7. geoking

geoking

I am in Destin now and there was 5 inches of rain yesterday. I can tell you that the best thing here other than a beach for the family is GREAT food.
    Try Camilles on old 98' or Basmatis on 30A. Yummy!

George

QUOTE=cobra!tx;6760427]Headed to Destin Florida next week and was wondering if there is anything going on at that time or anything I should go see ?Figured someone on here has to live there.Not sure how the car scene is there but want to check it out-thanks for the input[/QUOTE]

8. I am usually too distracted by the girls in bikinis when I am in Destin. Now thats something to see..:)

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

It's funny but when I go to Dallas for a visit many of my friends tell me they are heading to Florida for a vacation and either it's Panama City or Destin where they are headed.

On my last visit for about 10 day's each day in Dallas was between 99 and 104 degrees and I joked with my friends that I could not wait to get back to Florida to Cool Off a little.

Destin I think as some of the Best Beaches in Florida.

My personal favorite is Honey Moon Island.

10. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

aviation museum in pensecola...super cool place..and it's free! Huge planes and cutaways of any aircraft engine imaginable.

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

We have a beach house 30 miles east of Destin. When I'm there my car activities are put on hold. Very little gar activity until the Emerald Coast Cruisin around the first weekend in November. Enjoy some of the best beaches in Florida and the seafood.

12. Aviator

Aviator

I was there for the week of July 4th. Great for a beach person. Unfortunately I'm a mountain person and not a beach person. Might add great seafood. Not a car scene though. I'm waiting for Crusing the Coast. Cars and Seafood. Made the wife happy though. Maybe the good feelings will resonate on my next project purchase.

13. 59 brook

59 brook

flacarshows.com while not in destin the tallahhassee auto museum on i10 is pretty neat