Register now to get rid of these ads!

NANCO tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigcheese327, Mar 15, 2006.

1. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

Anyone know of a dealer in Michigan where I can snag a pair of Nancos? 6:00 x 16 size. I went thru two sets of Nankangs on the front of my 28 Woodie but the Farmer's Co-op where I bought them said they aren't made anymore. The closest place is in OR. can't beat the $61 price! (plus shipping). email me at [email protected] if you can help.

2. JiI

JiI
    from Illinois

3. Do what you want, but remember they are TRAILER TIRES and they are Not designed for the same type of cornering and braking loads that passenger car tires are. There is a reason it is against the law to use trailer tires on a passenger car or truck.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You do realize that he made that post in Feb 2010 don't you on thread that started in 2006?
    FNG's????????????? will never figure out that you need to look at the post date on the thread before hopping in with both feet.:rolleyes:

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

It takes a cpuple weeks to notice and figure out what the date next to the posts means. It's not very big.
    When I first found the HAMB I went all the way through ALL the posts literally back to the first one (something about Zoops seal?) and responded to any one that had to do with '53-'54 Chevies. I was probably dredging stuff up that was 5 or 10 years old. Part of the learning curve, I guess.

6. I ran NANCO tires on a Ford 3/4 ton truck in the '80s. 9.00 x 16.5 (maybe they were 8.50s) highway tread wore like iron as I recall.